Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Since you can't seem to wrap your head around this...

OP has all of the indicators of having a lower BF percentage (Vascularity, upper abs showing, Etc.) that would normally be attributed to someone in the 12-13% BF range. The reason why I say that he is nearer to 15% is that he is disproportionately carrying more fat around his midsection. It is that extra, disproportionately distributed fat that put the percentage higher.

IE. He would be normally considered leaner (based upon all of the other indicators) if it weren't for the stores of lower abdominal fat.

It's just the way that his body holds onto fat. (Similar to how my body seems to store fat disproportionately on my lower back).

He is definitely not in the 18-20% range as you seem to think.
    No I get what you're saying, and it's irrelevant.

You cannot say he looks like he's X% bodyfat because this-or-that PART of his body looks like it's X% bodyfat.

If he HAS the fat on his lower stomach, his love handles, hips, etc, that is part of his body...

I don't care if his UPPER abs show... his ENTIRE BODY isn't as lean as his leanest part.

And thus, we cannot just look at his BEST area and assume EVERYTHING is that lean... sorry it doesn't work that way.

Example: My forearms have almost ZERO fat on them... should we go ahead and say my whole body is as lean as my forearm?
    The power of carbs compels me!

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Since you can't seem to wrap your head around this...

OP has all of the indicators of having a lower BF percentage (Vascularity, upper abs showing, Etc.) that would normally be attributed to someone in the 12-13% BF range. The reason why I say that he is nearer to 15% is that he is disproportionately carrying more fat around his midsection. It is that extra, disproportionately distributed fat that put the percentage higher.

IE. He would be normally considered leaner (based upon all of the other indicators) if it weren't for the stores of lower abdominal fat.

It's just the way that his body holds onto fat. (Similar to how my body seems to store fat disproportionately on my lower back).

He is definitely not in the 18-20% range as you seem to think.
    Agreed 100%

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    Agreed 100%
    Read my above post.

And i'm sorry, but I would wager $10,000 right now he's not under 15%... ZERO chance... no...

Best case, he is 17%. That's all i'm going to say... Im done arguing this... OP, believe whatever you want.

RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000) RapidFail is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Read my above post.

And i'm sorry, but I would wager $10,000 right now he's not under 15%... ZERO chance... no...

Best case, he is 17%. That's all i'm going to say... Im done arguing this... OP, believe whatever you want.
    And unfortunately we'd never be able to prove you 100% right or wrong, although I'd wager OP would be 13-15% using a 4 compartment test. So we'll have to agree to disagree.

Originally Posted by RapidFail View Post
    And unfortunately we'd never be able to prove you 100% right or wrong, although I'd wager OP would be 13-15% using a 4 compartment test. So we'll have to agree to disagree.
    And that's what makes this country great ;o)

We can disagree and carry on. hah!

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    No I get what you're saying, and it's irrelevant.

You cannot say he looks like he's X% bodyfat because this-or-that PART of his body looks like it's X% bodyfat.

If he HAS the fat on his lower stomach, his love handles, hips, etc, that is part of his body...

I don't care if his UPPER abs show... his ENTIRE BODY isn't as lean as his leanest part.

And thus, we cannot just look at his BEST area and assume EVERYTHING is that lean... sorry it doesn't work that way.

Example: My forearms have almost ZERO fat on them... should we go ahead and say my whole body is as lean as my forearm?
    You really don't get simple concepts, do you? I never said to ignore the extra fat that he was carrying and only look at the lean areas. (At this point you are literally making up things that were not said in order to be able to argue with yourself).

I said that he would normally be considered at closer to 12-13% but because of the disproportionately carried fat around his middle he is closer to 15%. IE. I am taking that fat around the middle into consideration however I am not basing my estimate predominately upon the 12-15% of his body which is carrying the higher fat volume while ignoring the generally lean state of the remaining 85% of his overall frame.

Based upon your "logic" I suppose that I should consider myself to be at "18% BF" because my lower back is still carrying the degree of fat stores normally found in someone with that degree of body fat while simultaneously ignoring the rest of my (otherwise lean) frame?

You have already stated that you have body dysmorphic issues and based upon your comments in this and several other threads now this appears to extend to your projecting your inability to gauge your own body mass correctly and apparent fear of "being too thin" onto others as well. You seem to see people as either fatter than they actually are OR have some sort of triggered response to the idea of their needing to drop down to a relatively low body weight in order to get to the 10-12% BF range that most people agree is ideal as the starting point for beginning to add lean mass.

Just because you personally may have taken it too far in your attempts to get "lean" doesn't mean that everyone else is going to have the same issues once they hit 12% or so.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

You really don't get simple concepts, do you? I never said to ignore the extra fat that he was carrying and only look at the lean areas. (At this point you are literally making up things that were not said in order to be able to argue with yourself).

I said that he would normally be considered at closer to 12-13% but because of the disproportionately carried fat around his middle he is closer to 15%. IE. I am taking that fat around the middle into consideration however I am not basing my estimate predominately upon the 12-15% of his body which is carrying the higher fat volume while ignoring the generally lean state of the remaining 85% of his overall frame.

Based upon your "logic" I suppose that I should consider myself to be at "18% BF" because my lower back is still carrying the degree of fat stores normally found in someone with that degree of body fat while simultaneously ignoring the rest of my (otherwise lean) frame?

You have already stated that you have body dysmorphic issues and based upon your comments in this and several other threads now this appears to extend to your projecting your inability to gauge your own body mass correctly and apparent fear of "being too thin" onto others as well. You seem to see people as either fatter than they actually are OR have some sort of triggered response to the idea of their needing to drop down to a relatively low body weight in order to get to the 10-12% BF range that most people agree is ideal as the starting point for beginning to add lean mass.

Just because you personally may have taken it too far in your attempts to get "lean" doesn't mean that everyone else is going to have the same issues once they hit 12% or so.
    You keep suggesting I don't know what I'm talking about, and yet honestly I think you're missing a screw or two.

I'm done discussing this because, to be honest, it's going nowhere, and we're just not going to agree.

I do not for a second agree he is 15%, or 12-13%, or whatever you think he is.

And I never once said he'd have issues getting leaner... where in the fuk did that even come from?

It is YOU now attaching implicit 'good' or 'bad' to the numbers. WHEN DID I EVER SAY that being 17-20% was 'BAD"? I NEVER said that... I'm being objective.

I think he looks GOOD... I just don't think he looks as lean as YOU think he is.

Carry on.

sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10) sethiayush12 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Posted better pictures

I uploaded 2 more pictures WITHOUT pulling my skin down... now you can clearly see the way my body holds fat in my stomach with some extra skin from being fat all my other body parts are fairly lean compared to the stomach I don’t think anyone would get so much vascularity as well as separations in the arms as well as shoulder if he was around 18-20%

BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    LOL... yeah... let's IGNORE his belly fat... WHAT??

You literally just said, 'no no... he's 15% because you have to subtract the fat ON HIS STOMACH'???

Guess what then, i'm 0% bodyfat because you have to ignore the bodyfat on my ass, my legs, my stomach, around my organs... it's just all this fat tricking you into thinking I'm not 0%... but really I am.

Ignore Luclin999

Hes flatout wrong.

For most people, at 15%, you'll have basically ALL 6 prominent ab muscles visible

10%, and you'll ALWAYS have a 6-pack, likely with deep separation and some veins in your lower abs, etc.

20%, you can BARELY see abs at all...

Tell me, OP, can you see ALL your abs? Because I can't see them.

And ALSO... I said "CLOSE TO 20%"... that could be 18%... 19%... etc

I'm 28-33% and I can see 3-4 abs developed.. idk what you mean
    250lbs.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrickB View Post
    250lbs.
    Say what now? I’m looking at your photos in your BodySpace, you certainly cannot see abs.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) faithbrah is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    250lbs.
    post proof

that is very unlikely

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    250lbs.
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Say what now? I’m looking at your photos in your BodySpace, you certainly cannot see abs.
    Generally when someone posts a statement like that they are either delusional about their own body shape or a troll.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not to add fuel to the fire but I can see my abs at 20%+ but mine are thick so maybe that is why, but also MOST of my fat talking like 8lbs+ just sits on my hips when I'm even 15% lol Fat storage is so unpredictable.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I fall in the camp of not giving a chit about trying to guess BF% numbers, get a DEXA or its a guess of a range at best. It really doesn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things anyways. Based on your pic I would recommend focusing on building muscle.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    Not to add fuel to the fire but I can see my abs at 20%+ but mine are thick so maybe that is why, but also MOST of my fat talking like 8lbs+ just sits on my hips when I'm even 15% lol Fat storage is so unpredictable.
    Except.. the guy making the claim is (self-admittedly) well into the obese, 30% Bf range.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Except.. the guy making the claim is (self-admittedly) well into the obese, 30% Bf range.
    Could be a chicken wing poking through.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BrickB has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    249lbs 31% body fat..

PS My abs come out better in situations where my life is on the line..
    Attached Images

Hafthor has abs at 25ish%, Eddie Hall can have abs at 30+% - if you've got enough muscle mass and the right fat distribution it's not out of the question.

On the other hand, I've seen pics of POWs with clearly single digit body fat and no visible abs.

249lbs 31% body fat..

Looks less like "abs" and more like ripples of fat.

Looks less like "abs" and more like ripples of fat.
    But with the right color of marker.... maybe?

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    249lbs 31% body fat..

Congrats on the weightloss this year, great progress. Abs aren't coming out yet though, likely won't for sometime. Keep at it though.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Hey at the very least I can say I've dunked on people sitting at 5'10.. half of the abs are what you can do with them

Hey at the very least I can say I've dunked on people sitting at 5'10.. half of the abs are what you can do with them
    There’s also, ya know, health

There’s also, ya know, health
    I agree but life is short thank god most people aren't like me statistically speaking otherwise we'd be in a war

I agree but life is short thank god most people aren't like me statistically speaking otherwise we'd be in a war
    Life is short, and you’re making it shorter... so... yeah.

OP you've got better ab definition than I've ever had, but you've also got my 'problem' of having a proportionately wide pelvis, which makes you look less lean that you are. Still, I'd say 13-15% based on your pics.

I'm still surprised at your weight, though - you look more like 75kg. For comparison, I'm also 6'1" and was 76kg in my profile pic (the angle hides my wide pelvis, I look 'fatter' when viewed from the front).
    Last edited by RapidFail; 10-22-2020 at 08:42 PM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    249lbs 31% body fat..

I really don't know what we're supposed to be looking at here, there are no abs in that photo.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    I really don't know what we're supposed to be looking at here,
    Apparently, an obese guy who thinks that he has visible "abs".

Lmao :/ man you guys will never learn.. I am a legal consumer how can you put me in this position