Thread: Hello

CMMichles is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Hello

Hello I'm Chris I'm here for some help. I have type 2 diabetes and I am one so much medicine and my doctor told me if I don't change i will not live long. So I'm here for some guidance to be able to get more healthy. I was always the fat kid and just gave up and just sat in the house and played video games and eat food and drink soda all the time. Now it's time for a change in life. I want to get into power lifting i was doing it in high school but just stop for now reason. I don't know how to add pictures because I'm new to this.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Welcome

A good place to start is the sticky threads at the top of each forum page.

Have a look at the "basics" thread in the Fat Loss forum. This is the number 1 priority.

If you have diabetes, one possible method to mitigate or even reverse this is a ketogenic diet. This is where you avoid anything containing carbs. This means you are essentially limited to meat, eggs, vegetables (not including starchy veg like potatos - and severely limit things like beans and other pulses), keep fruit low or stick to hard fruit. You can effectively use your appetite to regulate these foods but if you don't lose weight by doing that, you may also need to count calories.

Any activity is good, walking, especially hill walking or stair walking. Rowing, cycling, swimming all great. You can start weight training if you want but this only really becomes necessary once you get below a certain weight (what is your weight now?)

The last time I weighed myself I was sitting at 303. I will do it again when I get home from work.
    Last edited by CMMichles; 10-09-2020 at 02:31 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    That's OK - ballpark figure is good enough. You could safely 3lbs a week at current weight and you don't need to do any weight training if you prefer not to because there won't be any issue with loss of lean body mass just yet. Maybe once you hit 250 or so.

Ok that sounds good to me thanks so much