boylesc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting back to the gym & Stair stepper

Hey everyone,

I am just getting into the gym again after about a year (post COVID and college gym transition). A year ago I had a very stringent routine and was super happy with my gym. I was focused on gaining weight to build muscle, and I was comfortable lifting weights. Over this past year I lost all of the weight/muscle I put on and am nervous to start lifting at my new gym since I am small again and it has been so long. The only cardio I would ever do is the stair stepper, and I feel like if I start off just going and doing that I will slowly become comfortable with lifting in the new environment.

My question is: does anyone incorporate the stair stepper as a primary workout? If so what does your routine look like? ex (stair stepper everyday for x amount of time), and what are your results?

GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I mean you're a girl, you don't have to be afraid to look small. People won't think about you either. Also Goodluck

Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Immichaelski has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by boylesc View Post
    Hey everyone,

I am just getting into the gym again after about a year (post COVID and college gym transition). A year ago I had a very stringent routine and was super happy with my gym. I was focused on gaining weight to build muscle, and I was comfortable lifting weights. Over this past year I lost all of the weight/muscle I put on and am nervous to start lifting at my new gym since I am small again and it has been so long. The only cardio I would ever do is the stair stepper, and I feel like if I start off just going and doing that I will slowly become comfortable with lifting in the new environment.

My question is: does anyone incorporate the stair stepper as a primary workout? If so what does your routine look like? ex (stair stepper everyday for x amount of time), and what are your results?
    I’ve come back from so many injuries hangovers and even from being at work I don’t care what I have it do to get my body back in it. I’d keep it for a cardio but do enough to get you back to where you want to be

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Beginner Workout?

Hey everyone,

I would suggest to just try to get your body slowly back into the swing of things. Maybe weightlifting workouts full body 3 times a week and cardio as needed. Tough to get specific with things. The link below is a good place to get started.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UDrm5j9tqvE
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class

acmeman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey everyone,

Are you nervous because you feel insecure, or are you worried about overdoing it because it's been a while since you've lifted? If you feel insecure, I'll say that I workout in a small gym, and even there, there's always going to be some people that are in better shape than you and me, and there will always be those who are not as far along. Especially since you're not a newbie to the gym, I'm sure you know your way around, and how to workout. I always admire women who come in and work focused throughout their workout regardless of how many others are in the gym. It shows confidence and determination. Don't let a silly excuse like that keep from hitting your goals. As far as the stepper, I have one at home that I generally use as a cardio machine, but sometimes I will use it following a leg workout just as kind of a burnout. Just thinking, you could always add some resistance with dumbells, ankle weights, or a weighted belt to really smash those legs. Go to failure, then shed the weight and go to failure again for kind of a drop set. Maybe Ill give that a try too. Good luck! You'll be back at it in no time.
    Winners compare their achievements with their goals, while losers compare their achievements with those of other people.

Lshaywatson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    this pandemic suitation, everyone one facing these all type of problem, almost everyperson gain weight out of figure, because they didn't maintained their body,
    so don't lose hope start again you will come up with great result soon.