fatnightowl is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Need tips for woking out during the night.

My sleep schedule is pretty screwed so I need some tips on trying to get fit during the night. I keep reading things on the internet that says that people that stay up for the majority of the night are prone to gaining weight. I know that some of you guys out there probably work on a nocturnal sleep schedule and I'm already obese as it is. I'm 5ft 10 almost at 300 lbs. Is there also any late-night dieting tips as well? I saw Jesse Shands videos and it motivated me to come here to ask for help. Thanks.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Is there a reason you can't simply adjust your sleep schedule? Do you work shifts or something? Changing it would be better. You could use melatonin to help this process if needed.

Doing exercise late at night will only reinforce the problem.

But if you have to do it then you have to do it. Just keep meal times fixed and try not to snack between. This establishes a daily pattern for the hunger hormone ghrelin.

GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GenCyc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What time do you consider night ? I sometimes workout at 8pm as well and the gym was still open back then before covid. And peoples r working out too in that hour

hocaokhanh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If your only option is working out late at night, chances are, your schedule is pretty tight. Instead of wasting any precious time dawdling around the gym, show up with a plan in place.

TimHall2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I find this tough too. Whenever I'm up late i'm constantly snacking...

Evacony is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same problem

SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) SSM12 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you have to work out at night, get a rigid schedule. For me, my gym lockeroom isn't open so I can't lift before work so I have to go after. I know on my long days, I wont be home until 9ish so I won't eat dinner until then. It took a week or so to get a set schedule, but now I can eat dinner afterwards and still get to sleep(melatonin) at a decent time and get up for work on time.

The key is to not waste time. Get into the gym, have a plan, track progress. Figure out if you need to eat before/after(what works best for you, dinner wise) and just stay in routine. You'll get accustom to it.
    Proof Angels exist: OzleyASMR

“Listen to your friend Billy Zane. He's a cool dude. He's trying to help you out.”

NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) NicaM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I worked overnights for a few years, and it's definitely hard not to overeat when you're just up alone like that. I think my biggest problem was nights off when I didn't have a plan and wound up watching TV/movies all night.

So my advice would be to try to set a schedule as much as you can, first of all, then to tell yourself you aren't going to eat when you're distracted. Set intentional meal times, even if they vary day-to-day, and if you know you're really going to have a hard time not snacking, hang on to a bag of celery, carrot sticks, or something similar. If you have a healthy snack on hand, it's a lot easier to tell yourself, "if carrots/celery don't sound good, I'm not really hungry."

Also, try to limit the availability of junk foods and sugary drinks. It's a lot easier to not buy something than it is to not consume it if it's available. Besides which, if you have to put any kind of prep into your food, it forces you to put more thought into it, which, for me anyway, causes me to eat less and healthier than if I have premade stuff on hand.

Hope this helps! I wish you the best of luck! Weight loss on an irregular schedule is definitely tough.

AnthonyKoor is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Normally not. It's a question of choice, but I can almost ensure you have the time in the morning to do that.

You just go to sleep later and wake up early after you practice at 10 pm or later, if you want to practice in the morning.

For instance,

I got 830 jobs, where I gotta be in complete accordance. Class 3. Level 3. Then I read until 9-930th all night, as I'm a student of law. Then at 430, I go to sleep, get my fitness bag, work out for 1.5 hours and go to the fitness center and work.

But all of this is preferential. After a day of school and work, I just find that the evening preparation is either not as successful or I mentally beat myself during the day because the night I still have to do it.

davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100) davgrav is not very well liked. (-100)
    I had that experience of working from early in the morning until late at night and training at night. I wouldn't say it was bad, but at first, it was unusual. The main thing is to keep that rhythm.