hphillips18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Started implementing IIFYM.

So I decided to stop obsessing over “good” and “bad” foods. I’ve decided I want to take an approach on “IIFYM”. So people say to hit your protein and fats and whatever you can fill your carbs up with then do it. As long as I don’t surpass my calorie intake. Which is obvious because excess fat gain is called by eating in a excess surplus. So I am tracking everything right now, but what if I don’t meet those certain calorie needs for proteins or fats. Like I am still hitting my protein and fats and it’s obviously impossible to hit those certain calories for protein and fats on the dot. Also, I’m not fully understanding how if you are supposed to hit your protein and fats and fill the rest in with whatever, like how does that work? What you are implementing is going to have some fat in it I’m sure which will make you go over right? The way I thought IIFYM was, is that as long as I hit those 3 goals and hit my calorie intake along with vitamin and minerals I’m okay? That’s how I’ve been doing it Atleast. I’m probably thinking too much into it, but I just want to make sure I’m implementing it correctly! If you guys could enlighten me a bit I would appreciate it. I’ve read numerous articles about it, and I was obsessing over foods so much it was pretty bad. The cravings were bad but I just simply would not let myself have it because I thought it was “bad food”. I feel like this will let me enjoy my foods and let loose a bit. Give me your guys input!

Also before anyone adds in, yes I’m basing my diet around good quality healthy foods. I’m not going out and eating pizza for all of my macros. Which doesnt seem possible. Just clarifying!

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Protein and fat targets are minimums - not exact daily goals.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    To be honest OP, based on your post history so far, I’m sensing a very strong obsessive component to your eating habits...

I’m not sure this kind of external cueing for diet and macros is going to be good for your state of mind.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You don’t have to be exactly on the dot for each macro as long as the minimums are met. Some days you can have more carbs if you want, given you’ve satisfied the minimums for fat and protein, that simple. If you go over those minimums, that’s fine. Even if you go slightly below on rare occasions it will not kill you. But don’t make a habit of it unless you’re willing to suffer the consequences. You don’t have to wait until you’ve hit your fat and protein, and then feel like you have to feast on only carbs from there on out if you don’t want to. Just be relatively mindful of what you’re rating throughout the day, even if you’re practicing an IIFYM way of eating.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    what they said above

hit the minimums, fill the rest with whatever. that's why they're called minimums, not maximums or fixed amounts

honestly you should read the stickies lol, it's all in there

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    To be honest OP, based on your post history so far, I’m sensing a very strong obsessive component to your eating habits...

I’m not sure this kind of external cueing for diet and macros is going to be good for your state of mind.
    I’ve been tracking macros and micros for a long time now. I was just asking these questions because I’m glad my relationship with food isn’t as obsessive and that I can eat what I enjoy everyday if I wanted. As long as I base my diet primarily around good quality foods. I was eating so strict, like competition prep strict. Which I had no reason to because I was not competing, but I was in the “good food” and “bad food” mindset.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Micronutrients are important. IIFYM was never meant to be taken too literally.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by hphillips18 View Post
    Also before anyone adds in, yes I’m basing my diet around good quality healthy foods. I’m not going out and eating pizza for all of my macros. Which doesnt seem possible. Just clarifying!
    Ok then i'll add in: if you think IIFYM means you can't eat pizza then you are misinformed and do not understand what IIFYM is and means.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Ok then i'll add in: if you think IIFYM means you can't eat pizza then you are misinformed and do not understand what IIFYM is and means.
    No, I understand I CAN eat pizza. I was clarifying that I was not using “IIFYM” as an excuse to eat pizza all day, for ALL of my macros.

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Once or twice a month I'll get a frozen pizza and add half a pound of browned 93/7 hamburger and cheese, then bake it. Good stuff.