Ski1234 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

New to Powerlifting

Hi,

After lifting heavy at the gym and watching some powerlifting meets online i definitely know that i want to do this. I'm currently doing 3 days at the gym following a 5 by 5 program which consists of squats, deadlifts and benchpress. I am also having trouble with my glutes as they have lost a lot of they're strength and muscle mass from lockdown and im not seeing them get any stronger. So i am unsure if they will just get stronger throughout this program or if i need to do other things such as hip thrusts with a light or heavy weight.

Current Stats (Kilograms)

Weight: 85kg

Deadlfit: 120 5 reps

Squat: 80 5 reps

Bench: 75 5 reps

I'm looking for any advice or critique that can help me get stronger. bigger and lift more weight. Also hopefully get into some sort of amateur meet next year.
    Thanks.

ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ECGordyn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Ski1234 View Post
    Hi,

After lifting heavy at the gym and watching some powerlifting meets online i definitely know that i want to do this. I'm currently doing 3 days at the gym following a 5 by 5 program which consists of squats, deadlifts and benchpress. I am also having trouble with my glutes as they have lost a lot of they're strength and muscle mass from lockdown and im not seeing them get any stronger. So i am unsure if they will just get stronger throughout this program or if i need to do other things such as hip thrusts with a light or heavy weight.

Current Stats (Kilograms)

Weight: 85kg

Deadlfit: 120 5 reps

Squat: 80 5 reps

Bench: 75 5 reps

I'm looking for any advice or critique that can help me get stronger. bigger and lift more weight. Also hopefully get into some sort of amateur meet next year.
    Thanks.
    What exact program are you running now? Probably no need to add anything to it.

4-6 weeks before the meet, you'll want to run a peaking block. Until that time, nearly any decent program will work for you. You've got a lot of room to grow at this stage, so make the most of it by eating and sleeping enough.
    Once upon a time (maxes 2020) ...
    Squat 185, Bench 137, DL 205, @ bw 88.5 age 43

Workout Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175647011&p=1630928323&viewfull=1#post1630928323