MildredJohnson is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Knee pain from too many squats plz help

Knee pain from squatting, when will it go away? I've been doing squats everyday for 3 months. Three days ago, I got a sharp pain in both knees, the inner side. Now I know I have to work on my techniques, but first I have to let the knees rest. I'm taking ibuprofen, and today is day 3. When can I expect this acute pain to calm down?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Could be your form (esp. knees caving in under load). Could also be a muscle imbalance from not doing enough glute and hamstring work (e.g. RDL, hip thrusters, leg curl machine etc).

Squat should strengthen the muscles around the knee and protect it. I have had a knee operation many years ago and only have about 1/3rd the cartilage that others do - and I can testify to this.