Rpatrick56 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Solid Natural Stack for 31 Year Old Male

I am looking to get back into stacking some supplements like I did in high school to get back to a more athletic shape. I'm looking to shed about 20 pounds & just become healthier overall. I'm not looking to become a bodybuilder or athlete, but I just bought a home gym & am looking to become healthier & more active to improve my mood & life overall. I want to to stick to natural & "less extreme" supplements, so to say. I used to take creatine, nitrix oxide boosters, hmb, zma, etc., but don't want to get too crazy with it right now.

My current stack that I am looking at doing is the following:
    - Evlution Nutrition L-Arginine 1500
    - Evlution Nutrition L-Carnitine 500
    - MuscleTech Amino Build Next Gen
    - Evlution Nutrition LeanMode Weight Loss Support
    - Evlution Nutrition Z-MATRIX
    - Evlution Nutrition CLA 1000 Weight Loss Supplement

I also take a multi-vitamin & fish oil already, but if anyone has some good ones to recommend once I run out of my existing ones, I'm open to suggestions. I'm also really not the best when it comes to sorting out which aminos are best to stack, how much to stack of them, what each one is beneficial for & how they benefit each other if so, etc.

I used to take SciFit Kre-Alkalyn 1500, as back in the day Kre-Alkalyn was supposed to be more potent with better absorption & lower conversion to creatinine, also it was alot easier on my stomach as creatine mono used to tear my stomach up. Now, I'm about 10 years or so out of date when it comes to supplements, would adding something like a Kre-Alkalyn be something to consider? My only concern really is that back then, the affect creatine had on your kidneys was something people talked about, but I'm again out of date when it comes to this information. I was under the impression that low amounts were fine & didn't have long-term effects on your kidneys really. I was also big on ZMA & HMB, for what reason I'm not sure, but I felt that it worked for me & gave me some nice strength gains with better sleep. I'm just looking to do a safe stack that doesn't have any short-term or long-term negative effects. I'd like to support a natural & safe process of becoming more athletic, to gain back some energy & just an overall better feeling. No caffeine please. Sorry if I sound like a noob, I'm very rusty with this stuff & am going off of what I knew when I was a teenager basically with a little bit of googling to brush up on some of this.

Please critique my stack selection & let me know if I'm overdoing or missing anything. Thanks.

It's pronounced gif eatyourspinach's Avatar
    eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're overdoing everything, arginine's bioavalability sucks, CLA doesn't help with weight loss, Kre Alkalyn is just creatine and baking soda and if you have no underlying conditions creatine shouldn't have any negative effects
    My secret? Texting between sets.

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    You're overdoing everything, arginine's bioavalability sucks, CLA doesn't help with weight loss, Kre Alkalyn is just creatine and baking soda and if you have no underlying conditions creatine shouldn't have any negative effects
    So, cut the arginine & CLA & keep everything else? Also, is there any creatine out there currently that doesn't have bloating & stomach aches? The only creatine I have ever taken that didn't give me these side effects was Kre-Alkalyn. I tried monohydrate & effervescent products back in the day & they'd do a number on my stomach. They did work, but so did the Kre-Alkalyn. I didn't see any noticeable difference between them other than the reduced side effects.

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Holy cow man. That is a lot of supplements. All you really need is a multi-vitamin and fish oil. Supplements are great and all but make sure your diet is in check. Supplements are just for if you're missing something when eating. I've lost 24lbs in the past three months and most of it was just by finding my maintenance calorie intake and subtracting it by 800 to 1,000 calories and hitting the gym.

Only Supplements I recommend
    Whey Protein
    Multi-Vitamin
    Fish Oil

But your stack works man. I'm just thinking it might be a little much but I don't know too much about you and your workout.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500) exclusiivity is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That is a boatload of useless supplements, easy waste of money.

Stick to a good multi, fish oil (look into controlled labs' orange triad) and some whey/casein powder if you're not hitting your daily protein goal.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    1. creatine monohydrate unless you already know you are a non responder
    2. can't get enough protein from wholefoods? Protein powder
    3. don't get much sunlight exposure? Vitamin D
    4. don't eat oily fish much? EPA/DHA capsules

That's about it in my views. Unsure you don't cut out any food groups like meat, dairy, fruit and veg, beans, grains etc. and that's all you need.

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Rpatrick56 View Post
    So, cut the arginine & CLA & keep everything else? Also, is there any creatine out there currently that doesn't have bloating & stomach aches? The only creatine I have ever taken that didn't give me these side effects was Kre-Alkalyn. I tried monohydrate & effervescent products back in the day & they'd do a number on my stomach. They did work, but so did the Kre-Alkalyn. I didn't see any noticeable difference between them other than the reduced side effects.
    Leanmode won't help with weight loss either, the ALCAR in it might be helpful for mood and focus but that's all it has going for it. Take the Z Matrix if you feel like you need extra zinc and magnesium if you want, it could be helpful for sleep. You could definitely go without the amino build unless you have trouble drinking plain water in which case it could help with that. Kre alkalyn has very little actual creatine in it so that may be why it didn't upset your stomach.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'd drop all that and start over.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    I'd drop all that and start over.
    This.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Drop all that & start over, but no suggestions of a good stack? Thanks. 🙃

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You're looking to lose weight/fat. There is nothing that's going to make that happen more quickly or better. Weight and fat are lost because you're at a caloric deficit to TDEE. That's it. Save your money.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

Originally Posted by eatyourspinach View Post
    Leanmode won't help with weight loss either, the ALCAR in it might be helpful for mood and focus but that's all it has going for it. Take the Z Matrix if you feel like you need extra zinc and magnesium if you want, it could be helpful for sleep. You could definitely go without the amino build unless you have trouble drinking plain water in which case it could help with that. Kre alkalyn has very little actual creatine in it so that may be why it didn't upset your stomach.
    ZMA did help with sleep & Kre-Alkalyn is a bit more than just baking soda mixed with creatine monohydrate. I appreciate the advice. I’m going with Z-Matrix, Amino, Lean Mode, Fish Oil, & a Multi-Vitamin. I’m up in the air on doing creatine, as about 6 years ago or so I do recall having a slightly elevated level creatinine level, but that can be from anything like being slightly dehydrated at the time of the test, so I may add creatine in later, most likely EFX Kre-Alkalyn, as it yielded better results (when it was Sci-Fit, but has since been bought out by EFX apparently) than the Muscletech (cell-tech/nitro-tech stack I think it was?) stuff did years back.

ZMA did help with sleep & Kre-Alkalyn is a bit more than just baking soda mixed with creatine monohydrate. I appreciate the advice. I’m going with Z-Matrix, Amino, Lean Mode, Fish Oil, & a Multi-Vitamin. I’m up in the air on doing creatine, as about 6 years ago or so I do recall having a slightly elevated level creatinine level, but that can be from anything like being slightly dehydrated at the time of the test, so I may add creatine in later, most likely EFX Kre-Alkalyn, as it yielded better results (when it was Sci-Fit, but has since been bought out by EFX apparently) than the Muscletech (cell-tech/nitro-tech stack I think it was?) stuff did years back.
    you're right kre-alk is more like creatine + tums

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That's already been covered by others:

-quality multi
    -quality fish oil
    -protein powder if you can't get enough through whole foods
    -sleep aids if they help and you want. ZMA causes some night terrors.
    -creatine monohydrate. I didn't think Kre-Alk was even a thing still. Don't load and you shouldn't have any issues with creatine.

Past that; adequate rest, hydration, diet, diet, and diet. I personally wouldn't have paid for anything you mentioned.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bsmit107 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    No "stack" needed.

-Download MyFitnessPal and start tracking calories/macros, set to achieve your goal of losing 20lbs.....ps....it ain't gonna happen in 2 weeks. You're also not going to be able to change your diet overnight....and if you're serious about getting back in shape you'll realize that a 'Diet" only works for as long as you do it, but a lifestyle change in the way you view food and what you choose to eat will benefit you for the rest of your life.
    -Find a workout plan that fits your current fitness level, goals, schedule and desired dedication level weekly and follow it consistently.

All you need to do is get back into being physical and give your body the nutrients & fuel to perform and repair itself. The first few weeks are going to suck but after 3-4 weeks of consistency you will start to see results. No supplements from GNC or Vitamin Shop or BB.com (especially the ones that you have listed) are going to aid you in achieving your goal faster or do any work for you.

If you cant hit your daily required protein amount, you can "supplement" that with a protein powder of your choice.
    If you cant get all the necessary vitamins/mineral from your diet, you can "supplement" that with a multi-vitamin.

You're gonna be sore, you're gonna hurt in places you forgot you had....embrace the suck. It will get easier and your body will adapt and with consistency/discipline you'll be where you want to be in a matter of months.

yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yokecel is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You’re doing everything BUT working out. Stop worrying about supplements srs. Eat right, work out and you’ll see results.