ArnKap is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Newbie, m I on right way? (help/opinion needed)

Hi all,

I'm new here, if I broke any rule pls jus let me know!

My name is Arnold and I need to lose Fat and I apriciate your help and opinions!

I have 6 weeks I started to walk around 10KM/days (2 times day), on start I was 105.5Kg

Details:
    Weight: 98.7kg - 218 Lbs
    Height: 175cm - 5'10"

I'm following a diet (mediterranean diet - I live in Europe) but most of time I eat "homemade food" I try to respect rules for cooking but I don't eat evry time like menu ( sometime I replace vegetables of day with other vegetables, I don't do massive changes! just I can't eat few things )

Questions:

If I lose 1kg/week m I on right way?
    Today I have buy HYDROXYCUT HARDCORE, does this product help me for my goal?
    In the past, around 15 years ago I had asma ( without crisis ), should I use this product?

Right now I just walk on nature or treadmill on bad weather, should I use other things/tools?
    I want to buy AB Machine, it's the right time or I should focus only on walk/running?

Thank you also for inspiration videos, they are a important part on my decision!

P.s: If anyone need to see weight on LBS I have all ticked from start!
    Last edited by ArnKap; 10-03-2020 at 06:55 AM.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You mean 1kg a week? That's quite a lot but you can probably do that just fine at your current weight. May need to slow it down as you get lighter.

Supplements don't do a whole lot... you should have asked before buying it, most people here would have said don't bother. It's very unlikely to affect asthma.

You need to do some weight training. Join a gym if you can, or get some equipment. I realise both are difficult at the moment. It's important to do resistance training even when losing weight. Otherwise you could lose muscle tissue - which is bad for several reasons.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    calories in, calories out

cardio and healthy eating can help with fat loss, but they don't necessarily cause it

don't fall for the basic "ab machine for quick fat loss" type of marketing, because it's simply a matter of eating less than you consume

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    You mean 1kg a week? That's quite a lot but you can probably do that just fine at your current weight. May need to slow it down as you get lighter.

Supplements don't do a whole lot... you should have asked before buying it, most people here would have said don't bother. It's very unlikely to affect asthma.

You need to do some weight training. Join a gym if you can, or get some equipment. I realise both are difficult at the moment. It's important to do resistance training even when losing weight. Otherwise you could lose muscle tissue - which is bad for several reasons.
    I never used those things and I was on shop and ask them what is for me, they give me that, Now I'm reading about HYDROXYCUT (this product on bodybuilding shop: Hydroxycut Hardcore Next Gen Weight Loss Supplement ) and I'm not sure if should use it!
    I don't expect to lose weight staying on couch I just want to archive my goal faster and maybe those suplements will help me.

Yes is 1 KG/week (sometime 700gr), I don't know if I'm losing muscle I think I'm eating good, chicken, fish, vegetable, brown rice, pasta, cooking with olive oil etc... sometime I feel like my diet have more food then when I was without diet! I just removed sugar and feeding after 20:00.

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    calories in, calories out

cardio and healthy eating can help with fat loss, but they don't necessarily cause it

don't fall for the basic "ab machine for quick fat loss" type of marketing, because it's simply a matter of eating less than you consume
    I have treadmill and I wanted to get new equipment, for now I'm focus to lose weight and I was thinking to build a small gym on my house (I dont want to go on GYM because of COVID)

this is what I wanted to buy: check attachment

P.s:
    10 years ago I lose 25kg for 6 months but I was active on my job and just got a diet (No gym, no run) , 2-3 years ago I was focus only on my Job and staying inactive, for those years I got all my weight back, so I want to make it right!

thank you both for answers
    Attached Images

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't waste your money on an "ab machine". You really should spend time working on larger muscle groups though instead of just focusing on abs. But if you're going to spend money on 1 thing you would probably be better served by buying a pull up bar, then you could at least do pull-ups AND abs (do leg raises) with 1 single purchase.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Don't waste your money on an "ab machine". You really should spend time working on larger muscle groups though instead of just focusing on abs. But if you're going to spend money on 1 thing you would probably be better served by buying a pull up bar, then you could at least do pull-ups AND abs (do leg raises) with 1 single purchase.
    thank you for reply,

ab machine I attach on top dont cost to much, I just want to know if is helpful based on your opinions.

what kind of pull up bar, any idea?

P.s: I don't know why I was not able to post here!

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by ArnKap View Post
    thank you for reply,

ab machine I attach on top dont cost to much, I just want to know if is helpful based on your opinions.
    Even without seeing it I can safely say no. You need some freeweights that you can use to train your entire body. That will have a much more significant effect that just focusing on a single muscle group. You do know that training abs doesn't make you lose fat from stomach right?

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Even without seeing it I can safely say no. You need some freeweights that you can use to train your entire body. That will have a much more significant effect that just focusing on a single muscle group. You do know that training abs doesn't make you lose fat from stomach right?
    Yes this is the point to lose fat from stomach, and no I don't know that (thank you).

When I lose fat and I come on good shape (good shape for me, because still is bad shape for a normal person!), I have this problem with stomach,
    I was 75kg few years ago and I still have a bad shape of stomach!

Practicly I'm not asking to work with AB and to leave others, i want to increase my exercises

But yes, I got your point and thank you for help

I'm confuse also for calories!

How work this part?

For example:

I have a diet which I think is working (more than diet I see like a rule how to feed myself), also Im walking 10km day and still it's working fine...

But I don't understand how can calculate calories!

I'm reading around on forum and other sites and see articles which say: We should feed with 2000 calories...
    I work on treadmill 2-3 time day and I burn 150-200calories (maybe 500-600 on day).
    how is possible?

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ArnKap View Post
    I'm reading around on forum and other sites and see articles which say: We should feed with 2000 calories...
    I work on treadmill 2-3 time day and I burn 150-200calories (maybe 500-600 on day).
    how is possible?
    your body burns more calories than "exercise calories"

without any exercise, most people burn at least 1700 calories per day because of BMR (basal metabolic rate)

add cardio and casual exercise (walking to work, taking the stairs etc) and you can easily burn 2300-2500 calories per day

Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    your body burns more calories than "exercise calories"

without any exercise, most people burn at least 1700 calories per day because of BMR (basal metabolic rate)

add cardio and casual exercise (walking to work, taking the stairs etc) and you can easily burn 2300-2500 calories per day
    Understand!

thank you