Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Gaining weight

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    In the past. I ended up phucking it up and eating too much but mad props to you too! I guess we will fine out by 2022 how my bulk went lol

I have a ferocious appetite I can put away over 5k calories a day and still want more.
    I have a big appetite, too... but I mean, if you eat a lot of whole foods, fiber, veggies, fruit... 5k becomes very very tough.

With the foods I commonly eaten , 5k would be exhausting... I can comfortably eat at 3000-3500 which is the calorie range i usually am in.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I have a big appetite, too... but I mean, if you eat a lot of whole foods, fiber, veggies, fruit... 5k becomes very very tough.

With the foods I commonly eaten , 5k would be exhausting... I can comfortably eat at 3000-3500 which is the calorie range i usually am in.
    yeah true. In the past I would just binge on high caloric foods

Cutting on 2k and always full lol

Thanks for the words bro.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yeah true. In the past I would just binge on high caloric foods

Cutting on 2k and always full lol

Thanks for the words bro.
    Yeah, personally, I have zero binge urges ever because by the time I'm full at the end of the day, I never crave more than a single serving or so of ice cream, or a couple cookies, etc...

'Binging' would just make me feel sick... plus, I already enjoy everything I eat, so there's just zero desire.

I have some days here and there where I'm definitely in a larger than 'ideal' surplus for people trying to avoid fat gain, but that usually just means I'm less hungry the next day, so it balances out.

I don't actually track calories/macros, but after doing this stuff for over 10 years, you kind of know what different calorie intakes look/feel like.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, personally, I have zero binge urges ever because by the time I'm full at the end of the day, I never crave more than a single serving or so of ice cream, or a couple cookies, etc...

'Binging' would just make me feel sick... plus, I already enjoy everything I eat, so there's just zero desire.

I have some days here and there where I'm definitely in a larger than 'ideal' surplus for people trying to avoid fat gain, but that usually just means I'm less hungry the next day, so it balances out.

I don't actually track calories/macros, but after doing this stuff for over 10 years, you kind of know what different calorie intakes look/feel like.
    Yeah I learned a lot during this incredibly successful cut and I know what you mean by feeling caloric intake lol. Every time after a meal I'll say how much that felt like.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

This is me. I sometimes eat a huge surplus on some days because I just happen to be really hungry for whatever reason. Without fail, I crave lighter meals the following day & tend to just crush my fuking workout with the extra carb gains...which is really the primary macro I "overeat" for lack of a better term. I've done 5k with some generous servings of pb plenty of times, but it's generally damn hard with whole foods.

Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    This is me. I sometimes eat a huge surplus on some days because I just happen to be really hungry for whatever reason. Without fail, I crave lighter meals the following day & tend to just crush my fuking workout with the extra carb gains...which is really the primary macro I "overeat" for lack of a better term. I've done 5k with some generous servings of pb plenty of times, but it's generally damn hard with whole foods.
    Yeah a week ago I had a really really high hunger day and my stomach was just a damn furnace... somewhere around 4.5-5k... then following morning I had so much energy I just did a fasted lower body day that lasted like 1.5hours and it was insanely good... zero energy issues... actually didn’t get hungry until about 10am which is kind of late for me... but I naturally just ate less... not sure how much but probably around 2.5k and mostly higher protein / lighter foods... just eating to hunger really.

Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Same here.

Usually I don't even 'reset' or have a deload week...

If I feel run down, I just have a lighter more 'intuitive' workout for a single day. I actually did that 4 days ago for upper-body and came back today feeling awesome.

It's great to let fatigue settle every now and again, but it doesn't have to be some crazy change. I literally just dropped weights by like 10% and did a couple extra reps instead...
    See I don’t like doing resets either but people on here were saying if you don’t have resets then you’re doing it wrong. I’m following fierce 5 intermediate program and on the novice program I never did reset the whole time I ran the program and others on here were saying you need to do the resets when you fail.

Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Calikid32190 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    I would only reset if my form was suffering, other wise it seems counter productive
    So then you just continue to fail the same weight then? They explained it that way that if you keep failing the weight to do a reset and work back up. I mean I don’t like to reset but others on the forums have said it’s important.

Originally Posted by Dranseth View Post
    First of all, you should never give up. I have reset my OHP many times. Progressing can definitely be a slow process.

How long have you been on Fierce 5? Sometimes it can be good to switch up a routine depending on how long you have been doing it. I started with Stronglifts, 5/3/1 BBB, nSuns, now back to 5/3/1 BBB because I respond well to the volume supplemental.

Since you are following a solid routine I would bet that progress has slowed and you need to increase calories. Does your progress stall when your weight becomes stagnant? Maybe it is correlated?
    I finished novice F5 in July and I’ve been running the intermediate since August 3rd so about 2 months. On novice F5 I never did a reset and was told that wasn’t a smart idea. But I’ve been adding resets in while also working back on form. I was able to get to 200 on my back squat but it was during a time I was working out at PF which is just a terrible gym because of no free weight. I had to use the smith machine so once I finally got back into my school and did free weight it was a tiny bit of struggle.

Well my weight typically goes up really slow since I’m only going for 0.5. I just upped my calories again this week because my data for the 2 week period it had me not gaining for the week that just finished I ended up gaining no weight by the time this past week ended.

So this week I’ve brought it up again. I’m only 148 so I don’t see why I would have to be eating now at about 3200 calories. Seems a lot for my weight and 3000 calories would seem to be enough to get 0.5 a week but I guess not. Maybe I’m working out harder than I give myself credit for but idk.

I'm 5'9 159lb my cut goal is 155lb but I been at this for 7yrs lol. OP has a good mindset I would say and I'm mirroring his progress.

Gdjm I'm seriously impressed by his determination. I need to start lean bulking Oct 24th and I can only hope i can be as consistent as him.

My goal will be no more than 1lb a month. It's a lot easier to justify extra calories on a bulk so I hope I dont end up bulking up to 15% ever again..
    Nice you’re at 159 so that’s about where I’ll start my first cut as well. Let me know if your definition comes in really well when you get to 155. I’m going to do a 10 pound cut while losing 1 pound a week but if only losing 4 pounds would make my abs come in as crazy as I had them at 136 then I wouldn’t do a 10 pound cut.

Yea on a bulk as long as I’m hitting my macros on the weekend I enjoy whatever I want while staying within my 3000 calories.

This is where I started at on my bulk 136 on the pic where my abs are great. Compared to now where I’m 148.5 and idk I think I look fat maybe I’m just to hard on myself idk. It’s always been hard for me to bulk because I look at my old pics and it messes with my mind. This time I’m ignoring it because I know I can get back to this since I was actually 148 before and cut down to the 136.

https://imgur.com/a/yE0Rc3g

Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Calikid32190 View Post
    I finished novice F5 in July and I’ve been running the intermediate since August 3rd so about 2 months. On novice F5 I never did a reset and was told that wasn’t a smart idea. But I’ve been adding resets in while also working back on form. I was able to get to 200 on my back squat but it was during a time I was working out at PF which is just a terrible gym because of no free weight. I had to use the smith machine so once I finally got back into my school and did free weight it was a tiny bit of struggle.

Well my weight typically goes up really slow since I’m only going for 0.5. I just upped my calories again this week because my data for the 2 week period it had me not gaining for the week that just finished I ended up gaining no weight by the time this past week ended.

So this week I’ve brought it up again. I’m only 148 so I don’t see why I would have to be eating now at about 3200 calories. Seems a lot for my weight and 3000 calories would seem to be enough to get 0.5 a week but I guess not. Maybe I’m working out harder than I give myself credit for but idk.
    Everyone's body/metabolism is different. Consider that a blessing, though. Aiming for 0.5-lb of weight gain is perfect. Don't focus on failing. Reset when you need to focus on form, otherwise, try the weight again the next cycle. Typically you don't deload from one failure. Most programs I have encountered dont suggest a deload unless you have failed the lift 3x or more consecutively.

Nice you’re at 159 so that’s about where I’ll start my first cut as well. Let me know if your definition comes in really well when you get to 155. I’m going to do a 10 pound cut while losing 1 pound a week but if only losing 4 pounds would make my abs come in as crazy as I had them at 136 then I wouldn’t do a 10 pound cut.

Yea on a bulk as long as I’m hitting my macros on the weekend I enjoy whatever I want while staying within my 3000 calories.
    My abs are already crazy lol pics dont do justice. I got a freaking 8 pack and a line down to my pelvis.. like the separation in my 6 pack runs all the way down to my pubic bone. So at 155 I think iill look like a cartoon lol

More guys hit on me than chicks though so that's a negative.

Bro you looked great at 136 it just goes to show numbers mean jack crap with people who have some size lol

Dont be discouraged I know the feels. Once you see your best. You'll never be satisfied with anything else.. completely normal. Just do what feels right for you.

Oh yeah last thing. My avi I was 162lb so like 3 weeks ago
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

My abs are already crazy lol pics dont do justice. I got a freaking 8 pack and a line down to my pelvis.. like the separation in my 6 pack runs all the way down to my pubic bone. So at 155 I think iill look like a cartoon lol

More guys hit on me than chicks though so that's a negative.

Bro you looked great at 136 it just goes to show numbers mean jack crap with people who have some size lol

Dont be discouraged I know the feels. Once you see your best. You'll never be satisfied with anything else.. completely normal. Just do what feels right for you.

Oh yeah last thing. My avi I was 162lb so like 3 weeks ago
    See I’m hoping to have my abs like when I was 136 but at a heavier weight. I cut really well and when I was 148 before and cut down to 136 that’s how I got my abs. So I’m hoping the same thing happens when I get to 155 then go to 145.

It’s so hard to know have the definition I have now and I’m doing my best to ignore it because I’m so close to 155 then I can cut down to 145 and test to see if I can get them to come in that good at 145. I feel now I look fat and I’m only gaining 0.5 a week so I’m not sure how I could look fat.

Lmao that’s funny more guys hit on you then girls that happens to me as well it’s funny. Nice so you’re losing about 1 pound a week? From 162 to 159

Everyone's body/metabolism is different. Consider that a blessing, though. Aiming for 0.5-lb of weight gain is perfect. Don't focus on failing. Reset when you need to focus on form, otherwise, try the weight again the next cycle. Typically you don't deload from one failure. Most programs I have encountered dont suggest a deload unless you have failed the lift 3x or more consecutively.
    Yea I’m F5 intermediate you have 2 fail twice the same exercise but that’s kinda hard on intermediate because you’re typically only doing the main 4 exercise once a week. Deadlift, OHP, bench and squat. So it would be the 3rd week where you would do a reset which seems like a lot of wasted time. I don’t mind putting in the work and I’ve been at it for a bit and I’m now sticking with the bulk where most times I would’ve cut back down to 136 because I don’t like the way my body starts looking.

See I’m hoping to have my abs like when I was 136 but at a heavier weight. I cut really well and when I was 148 before and cut down to 136 that’s how I got my abs. So I’m hoping the same thing happens when I get to 155 then go to 145.

It’s so hard to know have the definition I have now and I’m doing my best to ignore it because I’m so close to 155 then I can cut down to 145 and test to see if I can get them to come in that good at 145. I feel now I look fat and I’m only gaining 0.5 a week so I’m not sure how I could look fat.

Lmao that’s funny more guys hit on you then girls that happens to me as well it’s funny. Nice so you’re losing about 1 pound a week? From 162 to 159
    I started at 171. July 5th. yeah about 1lb a week but stabilized a bit so lowered calories a bit and increased activity.

You do you. Most advice given is to those who dont have any lbm. I'm not saying you are big but you have a base. So the advice changes as you seem to know what works for you.

Shoot for 155 then cut down to 145 if it helps you. Its your journey after all. It takes a long time to get some decent size. I went all the way up to 185 lol and cut to 162 the first time then up to 180 down to 170 then 171 to now 159 but the first cut at 162. I 100% had less lbm. It just takes time.

Last edited by Junsuiakai; 10-06-2020 at 08:14 PM.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

See I don’t like doing resets either but people on here were saying if you don’t have resets then you’re doing it wrong. I’m following fierce 5 intermediate program and on the novice program I never did reset the whole time I ran the program and others on here were saying you need to do the resets when you fail.
    Why r u doing an intermediate program as a novice lifter?

I started at 171. July 5th. yeah about 1lb a week but stabilized a bit so lowered calories a bit and increased activity.

You do you. Most advice given is to those who dont have any lbm. I'm not saying you are big but you have a base. So the advice changes as you seem to know what works for you.

Shoot for 155 then cut down to 145 if it helps you. Its your journey after all. It takes a long time to get some decent size. I went all the way up to 185 lol and cut to 162 the first time then up to 180 down to 170 then 171 to now 159 but the first cut at 162. I 100% had less lbm. It just takes time.

[Img]nghWZbH[/Img]
    Thank you for the advice and I’m trying to enjoy getting to 155 because when I do I know I can finally cut again. When you got up to 185 were you defined or just big? Then you cut to 162 and did you become defined if you weren’t at 185?

Why r u doing an intermediate program as a novice lifter?
    I’m able to do the intermediate program and I’m not struggling super crazy so I’ve decided to stick with it. I ran the program for 6 months and that’s what he had recommended for how long people should run the novice one. I mean if I was to go back to the novice one again it’s a little less work I feel like. It’s 3 days fully body and I do love 3 day full body but with the intermediate program it’s 4 days and more than likely more work which is a good thing except for the fact you only hit the main 4 lifts once a week rather than twice a week.

Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I’m able to do the intermediate program and I’m not struggling super crazy so I’ve decided to stick with it. I ran the program for 6 months and that’s what he had recommended for how long people should run the novice one. I mean if I was to go back to the novice one again it’s a little less work I feel like. It’s 3 days fully body and I do love 3 day full body but with the intermediate program it’s 4 days and more than likely more work which is a good thing except for the fact you only hit the main 4 lifts once a week rather than twice a week.
    Yes, but the difference between a novice program and an intermediate program is the weight progression.

The intention is to stay on novice until you’re not a novice...

The intention is to stay on novice until you’re not a novice...
    What makes me not a novice anymore? Like how do I know when I should go to intermediate? Should I got back to novice? He didn’t really specify that he just said you shouldn’t be running the program after 6 months.

Thank you for the advice and I’m trying to enjoy getting to 155 because when I do I know I can finally cut again. When you got up to 185 were you defined or just big? Then you cut to 162 and did you become defined if you weren’t at 185?
    At 185 I was just fat as I store most of my weight in hips at 162 I was lean but super twink status.

But I had a visible 6 pack flexed at 185
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

Yes, but the difference between a novice program and an intermediate program is the weight progression.
    Is the weight progression harder on intermediate then? He still uses the same concept in the intermediate with upper lifts going up by 5 2 weeks and lower lifts going up by 10. In novice weight goes up every week by 5 and 10. The reason why it’s every 2 weeks in the intermediate program is because one of those weeks he increases the rep range by 1 for all exercises.

At 185 I was just fat as I store most of my weight in hips at 162 I was lean but super twink status.
    You’ve been able to get yourself in really good shape though if at 185 you were fat so there’s hope if following the right nutrition it’s possible to have really good definition at a higher weight.

What makes me not a novice anymore? Like how do I know when I should go to intermediate? Should I got back to novice? He didn’t really specify that he just said you shouldn’t be running the program after 6 months.
    A novice program allows for more opportunity for strength increase because you increase volume more frequently.

I would never tell a lifter to change their program if they’re still making steady linear progress.

I mean hell, if a pro bodybuilder could still make gains training like a novice they’d do that in a heartbeat!!

Don’t switch to a program just because you don’t want to consider yourself a novice... being novice is awesome!! Being able to add weight every week is an amazing feeling... just wait until you’re advanced and you can barely eek out 1lb of muscle every 2 years even while training 5 days a week on super high volumes...

You’ve been able to get yourself in really good shape though if at 185 you were fat so there’s hope if following the right nutrition it’s possible to have really good definition at a higher weight.
    Yeah my goal is 165 at 9% lol big enough for me if I look like this at 159 haha. And it wasnt worth being fatter I felt so ashamed to take my shirt off and at the same time everybody said I didnt need to lose weight.

It's just genetics. I get abs at higher bf % but also get fugly love handles till around 13% bf. just stay consistent and you'll get there.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

A novice program allows for more opportunity for strength increase because you increase volume more frequently.

I would never tell a lifter to change their program if they’re still making steady linear progress.

I mean hell, if a pro bodybuilder could still make gains training like a novice they’d do that in a heartbeat!!

Don’t switch to a program just because you don’t want to consider yourself a novice... being novice is awesome!! Being able to add weight every week is an amazing feeling... just wait until you’re advanced and you can barely eek out 1lb of muscle every 2 years even while training 5 days a week on super high volumes...
    So even though I’ve been working out for almost 2 years I would still be classified as a novice? Granted I was still learning in that first year so I probably made all kinds of mistakes.

That is true you are increasing weight every week on novice but doesn’t that mean I’ll burn out faster? What happens then when I’m failing the lift over and over? If it would be beneficial for me to still be on novice I would change it in a heartbeat because I want the best results and I like doing 3 a day’s rather than 4.

So even though I’ve been working out for almost 2 years I would still be classified as a novice? Granted I was still learning in that first year so I probably made all kinds of mistakes.

That is true you are increasing weight every week on novice but doesn’t that mean I’ll burn out faster? What happens then when I’m failing the lift over and over? If it would be beneficial for me to still be on novice I would change it in a heartbeat because I want the best results and I like doing 3 a day’s rather than 4.
    Novice lifters aren’t strong enough to ‘burn out’...

Your body isn’t going to break if you’re squatting under 225 and you’re benching one plate...

Yeah my goal is 165 at 9% lol big enough for me if I look like this at 159 haha. And it wasnt worth being fatter I felt so ashamed to take my shirt off and at the same time everybody said I didnt need to lose weight.

It's just genetics. I get abs at higher bf % but also get fugly love handles till around 13% bf. just stay consistent and you'll get there.
    Yes consistency has been key for me. I want to be single digit BF at 155 then eventually going for 170 and having single BF. I know it’s a journey so I’m taking it slow but it’s been fun so far

Novice lifters aren’t strong enough to ‘burn out’...

Your body isn’t going to break if you’re squatting under 225 and you’re benching one plate...
    So if I switched back next week to the novice program that would be a good idea? I want the best possible results