smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Possibly some helpful training info

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=179042011

There's been a lot of threads in the O35 asking about tips for over 40, can I build over 40, is it worth training over 40 etc...

I asked a question in the thread above^^ in the Nutrition section about Muscle Protein Synthesis. Not only did I get some good info on MPS but the thread went off in a couple different areas.

I thought I'd share it here as all of the things discussed can be helpful to us slightly aged folks.
    In it I give my workout program which some may get a tip or two out of as well.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's beneficial to train for hypertrophy and strength as we get older.
    It helps with general well being,every day activity and fights sarcopenia.
    Sarcopenia losing muscle as we age goes much faster for the non weight resistant trainee.
    Maintaining as much muscle mass as possible reduces health issues that come with growing older.

kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kyle38 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post

There's been a lot of threads in the O35 asking about tips for over 40, can I build over 40, is it worth training over 40 etc...

I asked a question in the thread above^^ in the Nutrition section about Muscle Protein Synthesis. Not only did I get some good info on MPS but the thread went off in a couple different areas.

I thought I'd share it here as all of the things discussed can be helpful to us slightly aged folks.
    In it I give my workout program which some may get a tip or two out of as well.
    Listening to my doctor, it feels like guys really just want to find that one more input in to get fast gains, when really it's consistency and time. Of course you can go to the Low T people and get ahead much faster these days and for cheaper. I don't have an issue with that as a personal choice. I also think short cycles in a lot of cases, from cases that I've read about, are better for certain injuries than having surgery. But to get back on point, I get my blood work done and it looks good at almost 40. T levels are high (not sure how much is free T or not, just got an overall number), along with everything else. My thought is, and from my personal experience right now, I go up to about 253lbs, now I am cutting, and look to be 220 - 225lbs with 10% body fat by February. So I did the bulk up and cut thing, granted it was more just what happened than chosen, but I am left thinking that any little advantage really isn't going to help. I could go the gear route and really bulk up, but then I mess with the hormones. Taking one more supplement or protein shake isn't going to do much, it's about consistency and time and patience. I think a bit about what Jordan Peterson says in his talks, it's a lot of small consistent changes that make big results. So to sum up my thoughts here, it's about doing the work and doing it consistently for years. No protein shake is going to substitute that.

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I thought the comment in this post was interesting:

But keep in mind that the idea that 2-3 hours between meals isn't enough relies on animal data. It's controversial and I know protein researchers like Jorn Trommelen and Stu Phillips don't fully agree. Afaik they believe 3 hours in between meals is fine.
    There's a good reason for that to be controversial. I'm assuming that the animal models are mice or rats, but maybe not. Every species has evolved its own unique dietary requirements, and humans are probably uniquer than most. I'd be skeptical that any animal model is a good analog for human meal timing.
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire