Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Schnitzl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KingSWRV View Post
    Like i have said a million times.

6 months of one first

then 6 months of the other.

you dont do them at the same time, you do them consecutively in spans of time.

First you spend time building a base, foundation of strength. Until then you are less than optimal. And if you train fighting during this span of building foundation you will be overtraining and overload and ultimately stall in effective/efficient upward progress. So do ONLY powerlifting and eating and sleeping, nothing else.

Once you peaked in strength at least once in your life properly then youre good for a long time.

Then with the base you can spend time building up cardio and endurance (while minimizing the loss of your gains with amino acids and lots of protein) which only takes a few weeks.

Its all based on time, you need all the elements if you want to be your best self.

DONT EVER LISTEN TO ANYONE WHO TALKS AT ALL ABOUT MUSCLES MAKING YOU TIGHT OR GAY STUFF LIKE THAT - its literally has nothing to do with anything and is just stupidity. Powerlifting is not the same as vanity lifting for hypertrophy.

If "everything online" says that thats true you are reading some dumb places trying to sell you something. Even the dumbest old school MMA trainers stopped believing that crap 5-10 years ago when they saw every single MMA champion powerlifts like an absolute mad man.
    This. There's a reason periodisation has been the staple of whatever your chosen sport is.

Strength Sports for Life C Project's Avatar
    C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) C Project has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by EidFnatic View Post
    Haven't seen Mr. C Project in a long time, how you doing gangster? the OG BJ Penn nuthugger.
    Ayyy doing great man, how about you? I lurk from time to time but rarely login.

Yeah I'm still nostalgic lmao but I cut ties with the former GOAT BJ Penn after his drunken antics.
    Moved Squat, Bench, and Deadlift to Yoke, Log, and Stones.

Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Austanian has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by CanardMedic View Post
    Having more strength is always good.
    Doing both strength training and be proficient at MMA at the same time doesn't work well unless you're on the juice or a genetic freak.
    Like it's been mentioned before, building a good foundation on strength then moving to MMA might be the best way to go at it.
    You just reduce your accessories and push the volume down to the strength zone instead of hypertrophy zone.

It really isn't that complicated or difficult.
    Finance Degree - USAF INTEL - IIFYM - Injured Crew - KTM XCW300 - Single Track Trail Rider - NRA Supporter - Shunned from MFC - Libertarian - Pragmatist
    B: 345, S 375, D 445
    Trying to get your ideal outcome often leads to the passing up of practical alternatives that deny your adversaries theirs.

EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EidFnatic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by C Project View Post
    Ayyy doing great man, how about you? I lurk from time to time but rarely login.

Yeah I'm still nostalgic lmao but I cut ties with the former GOAT BJ Penn after his drunken antics.
    Good to see you back, I'm still hanging and banging, still training loads and will hopefully have a few more fights in the new year. Ive been 'lurking' on this site for many years.
    Hogan Warrior Taker Bret Y2J

If HE looks like a SHE, it is acceptable.

Small Willy Brah.

iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iloveus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strength training does help with strength

So there's that
    Financial Freedom/Passive Income Crew
    Entrepreneur Crew
    MMA Crew
    Cinematographer Crew
    Photographer Crew
    Ski/Snowboard Crew
    Guns Crew

Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Hunkstar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Being strong 100% helps.

Joined BJJ last year, vsing the people who signed up at the same time as me, I can dominate based on strength alone.

Against guys who have trained longer, while they always get me with something eventually, the brute strength makes it a stalemate initially.
    -----------------------------------------
    Manlet crew
    VFF crew

B:125kg
    S:160kg (atg)
    S:170kg
    D:170kg
    P:80kg

Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Duckliver has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Hunkstar View Post
    Being strong 100% helps.

Joined BJJ last year, vsing the people who signed up at the same time as me, I can dominate based on strength alone.

Against guys who have trained longer, while they always get me with something eventually, the brute strength makes it a stalemate initially.
    Just throwing this out there as someone who was relying on strength to at least hold my guard against better grapplers. Advice from my coach last week.

When I start at 100% strength, I’m answered with full resistance and when I go for my sweeps they are prepared for me using my full force already. When I’m only gripping and positioning and using 60% of my strength then crank it up to 100 on a sweep or when I try somthing I’ve had a lot more luck catching people off guard.

kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500) kssu is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Lightbulb

Yeah, strength helps a lot for both: Striking and Grappling.

I remember back in the days I was wrestling/grappling with power lifter who had a very little experience with bjj. He had 44lbs more weight than me and he was really hard opponent to spar with. You need to know that I had 5+ years MMA background at that time and I had lots of experience sparring with every kind of people: advanced BJJ/MMA fighters, heavier and lighter people than me, people less experienced than me, people more experienced than me etc.

And this power lifter guy was one of the hardest sparring opponent I have had. And no, it was not because of he was 44 lbs heavier than me. I had already before that wrestled more heavier guys than he was, guys up to 240+ lbs who trained mma. And they were easier opponents than this dude was.

That story alone would be proof that traditional strength training gives you more advantage on fighting.

Then #2 point. If you want more power to strikes and kicks, you want to train that explosive strength. I would list lots of drills how to do these with your own body weight alone, but it would take forever to write it and hard to explain.

But for example one drill to get more explosive power to your kicks, is to kneel down and then rise as quickly as possible up and kick as hard as you can to punching bag/pad. If I have time, I could probably make a tutorial as in the other thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1618510901

TLDR
    Strength helps dramatically for grappling, for striking train that explosive strength to get more power for strikes.

Best luck for training brah!
    Check my Martial Arts tricks and other stuff from my Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQPEMszlQV71Z9SD5BXPuFg