whatri is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Seeking nutrition advice

Hi everyone,

A little bit of background - I've weightlifted for 3 years constantly and following a some-what strict nutrition from 2015. - 2018. I have slacked down since 2018. and ultimately stopped exercising in 2019.
    I decided to have a go with weightlifting once more 2 months ago as I became sluggish, fat & started developing some problems from sedentary life-style (ulnar-nerve entrapment, shoulder & wrist pain).
    Started off with 98kg (216lbs) of pure fat, and my current weight is below.
    Started off with Keto for the first month and switched to the menu below a month ago.
    I am very happy with the progress as I got a V-shape, 4-pack for now and all the other benefits of weightlifting, while all the pain/problems are gone.

As there is A LOT of misinformation, triple standard articles on the internet, I kind of got lost with the nutrition.

How do I proceed in increasing the calories to stay lean - do I increase fat or carbs - is 200g of Protein sufficient?
    Am I eating too much carbs - Should I get calories from fat rather than carbs?
    Is 100g of white rice too large of a meal after workout?
    Any additional advice regarding nutrition?

29 Years old, 187cm (6'1"), 95kg (210lbs) - Sedentary life-style (10h of PC every day)
    TDEE 2720 Calories

8:30 AM (before workout) – 2 Eggs | 100g oats, 0.2L 2% Milk, 50g Blackberries, 1 Scoop Whey | Multivitamin & Omega-3
    10 AM - Workout
    11:15 AM (after workout) – 1 M Banana, 1 Scoop Whey & Creatine
    12 PM – 100g White Rice, 200g Rotisserie Chicken, 1 Carrot - Meal without oil
    5 PM – 250g Hake Fish Fillet (olive oil), 0.5 cup Spinach or Cabbage
    9 PM – 250g Home-made Cottage Cheese | Omega-3 & Magnesium
    Snack – 15g Almonds

Daily water intake 4-5L.
    Cheat meal once in two weeks.

Summary: 2019 Calories, 166g Carbs, 64g Fat, 197g Protein, 20g Fiber

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by whatri View Post
    How do I proceed in increasing the calories to stay lean - do I increase fat or carbs - is 200g of Protein sufficient?
    Am I eating too much carbs - Should I get calories from fat rather than carbs?
    Is 100g of white rice too large of a meal after workout?
    Any additional advice regarding nutrition?
    1. Choose a calorie level conservatively. Run it for 2 weeks, weigh yourself every day, look for the trend. Increase either, doesn't really matter. 200g protein is way more than your really need
    2. No, it doesn't matter
    3. No
    4. Get familiar with the information in the sticky threads.