Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Oceanside has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Rogan is the sh*t

his podcast cuts through all the crap !

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    No, he's not a white supremacist and no he is not the leader of a movement.

Origin of the Proud Boys

Yes they started as a joke fraternity and in some ways still resemble that, but I think they've grown beyond that original scope. Personally, I think they're provocateurs but their threat like many groups is exaggerated. They need to have a clearer message for the public and stricter enforcement against racists in their ranks. A lot of people would disagree with me, however. They'd say they dog-whistle to racists and only condemn out of necessity.
    “Find a way to get in trouble. Good trouble, necessary trouble.” Rep. John Lewis

LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by 7Seconds View Post
    Yes they started as a joke fraternity and in some ways still resemble that, but I think they've grown beyond that original scope. Personally, I think they're provocateurs but their threat like many groups is exaggerated. They need to have a clearer message for the public and stricter enforcement against racists in their ranks. A lot of people would disagree with me, however. They'd say they dog-whistle to racists and only condemn out of necessity.

I didn’t even watch this but one thing I agree on is when anyone forms these groups they will akways have bad apples and you know what they say about that. Being affiliated with a group is stupid stuff, defending your neighbohood, home, etc is needed if someone is in the process of burning it down and the police that you pay stand around and do nothing, that’s the situation and the media on the left seem to want to call someone protecting thier area a whit Serpremist because they’ll loose thier job if they don’t.

And the media created this racist image of a nationalist. These days globalization is growing, there are good things and bad things about this, so there is nothing wrong with being a nationalist and wanting to keep your job or way of life, your individualism.

7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 7Seconds has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LWW View Post
    I didn’t even watch this but one thing I agree on is when anyone forms these groups they will akways have bad apples and you know what they say about that. Being affiliated with a group is stupid stuff, defending your neighbohood, home, etc is needed if someone is in the process of burning it down and the police that you pay stand around and do nothing, that’s the situation and the media on the left seem to want to call someone protecting thier area a whit Serpremist because they’ll loose thier job if they don’t.

And the media created this racist image of a nationalist. These days globalization is growing, there are good things and bad things about this, so there is nothing wrong with being a nationalist and wanting to keep your job or way of life, your individualism.
    Like any other group their members don't always represent their official stances. The Proud Boys would tell you they aren’t at all racist. Anyone in the overall left category would tell you they’re white nationalists. Full-on explicit racists would describe the Proud Boys as “civnats”, a word meaning a group that’s nationalist but believes nationalism is based on culture, not race/genetics.

The Proud Boy oath asks candidates to declare themselves “Western chauvinists” who “refuse to apologize for creating the modern world”. They will and do sign on men of all races willing to swear such. So, actual Nazis think they’re degenerate for allowing non-whites, while anyone on the left would say that “Western chauvinism” and the like is a dog whistle for white supremacy, and fundamentally the Proud Boys will enlist other races as long as they accept that “Western” (white) culture is superior.
    “Find a way to get in trouble. Good trouble, necessary trouble.” Rep. John Lewis

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Karl_Hungus View Post
    No, he's not a white supremacist and no he is not the leader of a movement.

Origin of the Proud Boys

But he is bat **** crazy.
    ☻/
    /▌ Dm2dm crew (---Deadlift Moar to Deadlift Moar---)
    / \ 

"Squat and pull and quit listening to the static." Jim Wendler
    Natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from. ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็ส็็็็็็็็็็็็

LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000) LWW is just really nice. (+1000)
    Like any other group their members don't always represent their official stances. The Proud Boys would tell you they aren’t at all racist. Anyone in the overall left category would tell you they’re white nationalists. Full-on explicit racists would describe the Proud Boys as “civnats”, a word meaning a group that’s nationalist but believes nationalism is based on culture, not race/genetics.

The Proud Boy oath asks candidates to declare themselves “Western chauvinists” who “refuse to apologize for creating the modern world”. They will and do sign on men of all races willing to swear such. So, actual Nazis think they’re degenerate for allowing non-whites, while anyone on the left would say that “Western chauvinism” and the like is a dog whistle for white supremacy, and fundamentally the Proud Boys will enlist other races as long as they accept that “Western” (white) culture is superior.

If the oath stuff is true, that's really bad stuff whether it's being proud of culture or not.

So I'm man enough to admit that about this group or any group that does silly chit, and BLM is as bad.

Oaths become control, which goes against western culture.

But I still don't see any hangings and draggings with pickup trucks (but that could happen, with any group that becomes powerful).

El, you ready to man up yet??????

If the oath stuff is true, that's really bad stuff whether it's being proud of culture or not.

So I'm man enough to admit that about this group or any group that does silly chit, and BLM is as bad.

But I still don't see any hangings and draggings with pickup trucks (but that could happen, with any group that becomes powerful).

I am not real sure where you are going with oaths but that was my word, I am not sure that is what they call it.

Back to the racism end, I have a few libertarian friends who go to Proud Boy rallies and I have never seen anything that would make me think they are racist in anyway.

Obviously, embracing "western culture" will also attract those who support the racist histories of those countries. It also naturally attracts those who hate opposing cultures and want a homogenous culture. I am sure some chapters of the organization have been overrun by some genuine racists.

But I don't think that the Proud Boys are inherently racist. They seem mostly to want to go back to the "good times," while forgetting what that actually implies for most people. The ideology isn't exactly new, you hear it from a lot of hardcore Christians as well.

That being said, it's an extreme form of conservativism for which I would never advocate. While I think most people are well-meaning, the end result of their actual ideology would be hell for women, immigrants, and minorities.

You can try to separate the good, "Christian" traditions of western culture from the racist history of the West, as the Proud Boys do, but it seems impossible to me. The two are linked.

In Witness Protection mtpockets's Avatar
    mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Don't let em get away Tater

Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999

Real Heroes don't wear capes.

Keep your squats low and standards high.

You are not stuck at home, you are safe at home.

I am not real sure where you are going with oaths but that was my word, I am not sure that is what they call it.

Back to the racism end, I have a few libertarian friends who go to Proud Boy rallies and I have never seen anything that would make me think they are racist in anyway.

Obviously, embracing "western culture" will also attract those who support the racist histories of those countries. It also naturally attracts those who hate opposing cultures and want a homogenous culture. I am sure some chapters of the organization have been overrun by some genuine racists.

But I don't think that the Proud Boys are inherently racist. They seem mostly to want to go back to the "good times," while forgetting what that actually implies for most people. The ideology isn't exactly new, you hear it from a lot of hardcore Christians as well.

That being said, it's an extreme form of conservativism for which I would never advocate. While I think most people are well-meaning, the end result of their actual ideology would be hell for women, immigrants, and minorities.

You can try to separate the good, "Christian" traditions of western culture from the racist history of the West, as the Proud Boys do, but it seems impossible to me. The two are linked.

Dude, western culture didn’t start slavery it was already part of the world, if anything our culture of individualism ended slavery.

There will never be anything that is fair for everyone as long as humanity needs leaders.

Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    don't let em get away tater

lol

Dude, western culture didn’t start slavery it was already part of the world,....
    That’s not what I said.

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpockets View Post
    Don't let em get away Tater

MT Hammer, you think that little puppy's gonna let go at some point?
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Misc Blood Drive: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175220881

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    MT Hammer, you think that little puppy's gonna let go at some point?
    HaHa, not a chance in hell.

sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sy2502 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

What's wrong with an oath? If you want to join a group the least you can do is declare you agree with their core values. Nobody forces you to join any group, and I am pretty sure you can leave at any time, so how is it "control"?
    Follow my 2018 competition prep here:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175566421&p=1547462721#post1547462721