LXhoweller is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help with different muscle types

Hello all. This is my first post here so apologies if this if the wrong place for this question.
    So I have been loosing weight for a while, so far down 42lb, and I have been using a set of smart body scales that measure your body build. I have seen that they have 2 muscle measurements, muscle mass and skeletal muscle, and was wondering if someone could explain the difference. My muscle mass hasn't changed too much but my skeletal muscle has been rising. What's the difference? Sorry if this is a stupid question but I've never really been into muscle or being healthy so most of this is new to me. Thanks for any help

Also don't know why it says my age is 50, I'm 24 if that makes any difference

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Just use them to measure your weight. The bodyfat readings are notoriously unreliable for all devices of that type (BIA).

If you need proof, read this:
    https://weightology.net/the-pitfalls...%20no%20change.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Just use them to measure your weight. The bodyfat readings are notoriously unreliable for all devices of that type (BIA).

If you need proof, read this:
    https://weightology.net/the-pitfalls...%20no%20change.
    Okay fair enough. I didn't think they would be accurate with that sort of thing for the price I paid, but seeing it got me curious as to if there is a difference between the 2 or if it's irrelevant? Seeing as I am starting to look at gaining muscle soon I thought I would look it up

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by LXhoweller View Post
    Okay fair enough. I didn't think they would be accurate with that sort of thing for the price I paid, but seeing it got me curious as to if there is a difference between the 2 or if it's irrelevant? Seeing as I am starting to look at gaining muscle soon I thought I would look it up
    I wouldn't use that function at all - even to measure changes because they can be unreliable too.

Just use your weight, measurements (e.g. waist measurement) and general levels of strength as indicators of progress. It's how I do it and most other experienced lifters.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I wouldn't use that function at all - even to measure changes because they can be unreliable too.

Just use your weight, measurements (e.g. waist measurement) and general levels of strength as indicators of progress. It's how I do it and most other experienced lifters.
    Okay I'll do that, thanks for the help