Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Chocolate nipples of peac Muzzlrpress's Avatar
    Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Muzzlrpress has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pumpinmirin View Post
    Sounds like trails of cold steel. Didn't matter because I picked best girl Laura and the teacher to woo anyway. Its a shame that the actual rpg mechanics of cold steel feel pretty shallow despite how convuluted it can be to set them up. Like a poverty version of materia.

Also not really into team harem or team loli games. Does persona have that issue? It's why I held off on cold steel 3 and now 4.
    Only harem if you make it so. You don't have to romance anyone, and you don't lose out on anything if you don't choose a waifu. Part of persona is the bonds you make with people, both in and outside your party. It doesn't feel forced either. You'll get invested with certain characters. One of my favorites is a politician that ended up being dope as fuk.

That said, you're probably gonna have a waifu.

Also, there's a bomb ass twist near the end srs.

And you can't talk about persona without talking about the music.

Only one thing I hate about this game, and that's palace 5

Never heard of cold steel. Would you recommend?
    Last edited by Muzzlrpress; 10-23-2020 at 05:35 PM.
    ***The Misadventires of Gandalf the Black***
    **Best Meet Lifts***/***Best Gym Lifts*** (strength status: retired)
    S/457.5 ~ 450x3
    B/325 ~ 315x5/350x1
    D/512.6 ~ 495x3
    ***Big Dock Crew***
    ***Block Crew***
    ***High Tast Crew***
    ****2019 Azsthetics Crew****

Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Pumpinmirin is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    Only harem if you make it so. You don't have to romance anyone, and you don't lose out on anything if you don't choose a waifu. Part of persona is the bonds you make with people, both in and outside your party. It doesn't feel forced either. You'll get invested with certain characters. One of my favorites is a politician that ended up being dope as fuk.

That said, you're probably gonna have a waifu.

Also, there's a bomb ass twist near the end srs.

And you can't talk about persona without talking about the music.

Only one thing I hate about this game, and that's palace 5

Never heard of cold steel. Would you recommend?

Cold steel has a pretty big following. It's like an el cheapo version of xenogears. There are 4 games but I've only played the first 2. I feel like 3 and 4 might get epic but the first 5 hours of 3 looked dull af on a let's play video so I haven't bought it yet.

1/2 have a mostly stand alone arc so youre not automatically locked into all 4 games if you buy CS1. I'd recommend if youre in an rpg drought. Probably a 6/10. You can nab them on steam.

Slow burn (although not nearly as good as xenogears) story with the odd twist.
    MC has a dark alter ego
    On foot as well as giant mech fights.
    A kind of materia style system if you played ff7.
    Long games - easily 50 hours.
    Pretty good boss pay offs (bad guys don't really get killed off screen, you get to take them on).
    Flexibility to focus on speed strategies or tank strategies in fights if you delve deep enough.
    Huge cast, I think you can do a 40 person fight in the 4th ala luca blight from suikoden

Cons in my opinion:
    - team waifu/loli syndrome (some dudes you can pick but yeah...)
    - anime tropes out the wazoo
    - Graphics are early ps3 tier if that's something that bothers you (Im not too fussed on graphics personally, I love to jam retro ps1 rpgs)

I'd look into YS IX as well. YS VIII was surprisingly good and 9 looks like it has a real budget.
    Last edited by Pumpinmirin; 10-23-2020 at 07:46 PM.

MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MrBourbon has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Pumpinmirin View Post
    You guys have convinced me to get once I finish bl3.

I enjoy rpgs but held off because of the social sim and time limit BS.

I'm gathering that the time limit was lifted?
    The social sim is very light - you're just learning more about each character, there's no way to "fail" a relationship, have someone hate you or whatever. There's dialogue choices but the outcome is always the same. Each relationship ranks up from 1 to 10 and you get perks as you level them i.e. befriending the doctor gives you better healing items, the politician lets you negotiate better with enemies.

The "time limit" is basically so you choose which of the perks you're able to level. It might be possible to max everything by the end thru optimal play, I don't know. But it's not a big deal.
    Smooth Seas don't make Strong Sailors. Keep your head up.

Blowing out someone else's candle wont make yours glow any brighter (no homo).

it's all about the face shyheimz's Avatar
    shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) shyheimz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Muzzlrpress View Post
    So it's not a time limit per say. You can do certain activities per day (once it opens up. You'll feel restricted at first but trust in me when I say you'll get more free time), and after you do an activity, time passes and it's now evening. Makes you prioritize how you spend your non fighting time. Talking to people and building relationships also powers you up in the metaverse in various ways. Everything flows together and just works.

The social sim is probably better than you think it is. If you hate it though, you can always fast forward through conversations *cough* Haru *cough*.
    Yup, it's not "time limit" as in Majora's Mask for example where you have a certain timespan to do things.

It's more like certain amount of things you can do in a day.