Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Any reason why I never feel fatigued despite training full body 5-6 x a week?

My gym reopened a month ago and ever since then, I trained full body about 5-6x a week, focusing on compund lifts and throwing in face pulls and arm work near the end. I usually rotate between horizontal push/pulls one day and vertical push/pulls the other while throwing in squats or deads near the end. No matter how many times I went to the gym in a given week, I am able to add weight to my lifts or do extra reps per set. I do form checks regularly and my bench went from 115 to 135 lbs while my squat went from 225 lbs to 265 lbs. I didn't loose strength when my gym reopened because I did calisthenics throughout quarantine.

Is this abnormal in anyway? I don't feel any aches or soreness. For my compounds I aim for 3-4 sets in the 5 rep range. Face pulls and arm work, I go for 8-12 reps. Whenever I hit my goal reps, I just add weight. I have yet to plateau in anything.

BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BulkingIsHard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're still in beginner gains, well, at least for your bench. Hypertrophy might be outpacing CNS fatigue at this point, but if it's working for you, who cares?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You should be able to fit in more total workload by doing higher frequency training, that's one of the main reasons for doing it.

Of course if you were to try doing more per session incrementally, you will run into overreaching at some point.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you're not sore from what you're doing, your body has adapted to it. There's exceptions, but most of the time that tends to be the case.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    So I did deadlifts today and I couldn’t get 285 lbs up for a single rep even though I did a set of 5 at 275 lbs earlier this week. Is this perhaps a sign I’m overdoing or just a bad workout? Even 225 lbs felt heavier than usual.

All my other pulling exercises went fine

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    So I did deadlifts today and I couldn’t get 285 lbs up for a single rep even though I did a set of 5 at 275 lbs earlier this week. Is this perhaps a sign I’m overdoing or just a bad workout? Even 225 lbs felt heavier than usual.

All my other pulling exercises went fine
    That would be fatigue.

Question, and we have all done it so I'm not attacking you, but if 225lb felt heavy how did you end up trying 285?
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Deadlift can take time to recover from - your lower back may be the source of this. If you keep pushing it, you will get hurt at some point. I've done the same myself many times.

BTW it's pretty hard to fit deadlift into a HF program. If your goal is hypertrophy, I would recommend using squat, romanian deadlift, hip thrusters, leg extensions (or sissy squat) and leg curls.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    That would be fatigue.

Question, and we have all done it so I'm not attacking you, but if 225lb felt heavy how did you end up trying 285?
    Might be strange but Ive had times where my warm up sets felt harder than my working sets. Earlier this week, I barely got in 3 reps at 115 lbs for my bench but when I put on one plate, I benched it easily for reps. The same has occured from time to time with squats.

Am I necessarily overtraining if I lack constant soreness and lack of energy?

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think it's a matter of weight stimulation overcoming form inconsistency. You subconsciously activate more supporting muscles as a more general means of controlling the weight, but you aren't readily familiar with the form basics on lighter weight on the actual lifting technique.

You expect it to be the same kinetic command just lighter, but it doesn't execute the same.

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I think it's a matter of weight stimulation overcoming form inconsistency. You subconsciously activate more supporting muscles as a more general means of controlling the weight, but you aren't readily familiar with the form basics on lighter weight on the actual lifting technique.

You expect it to be the same kinetic command just lighter, but it doesn't execute the same.
    Good point, my form seems to improve the heavier the weight gets. On my warm up sets it can be difficult to keep tension.

Is it worth taking a period of rest? AFAIK only deadlift went badly but everything else went fine. I do intend on cutting back deadlifts to once a week given how taxing they can get

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Might be strange but Ive had times where my warm up sets felt harder than my working sets. Earlier this week, I barely got in 3 reps at 115 lbs for my bench but when I put on one plate, I benched it easily for reps. The same has occured from time to time with squats.

Am I necessarily overtraining if I lack constant soreness and lack of energy?
    inconsistent technique would be my guess

don't worry about overtraining, training stimulus may need to change if you stall for a couple of weeks.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by BulkingIsHard View Post
    You're still in beginner gains, well, at least for your bench. Hypertrophy might be outpacing CNS fatigue at this point, but if it's working for you, who cares?
    Good point, it's just that I see a lot of threads and posts on other sites saying "hurr-durr you're body needs rest" regarding why newbie lifters can't train more than 3 times a week.

air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000) air2fakie is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good point, it's just that I see a lot of threads and posts on other sites saying "hurr-durr you're body needs rest" regarding why newbie lifters can't train more than 3 times a week.
    That’s not the reason why many novice programs tend to be 3 days/week. And I wouldn’t necessarily judge how effective a program is for you after only one month. Continue and see how you progress.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good point, my form seems to improve the heavier the weight gets. On my warm up sets it can be difficult to keep tension.

Is it worth taking a period of rest? AFAIK only deadlift went badly but everything else went fine. I do intend on cutting back deadlifts to once a week given how taxing they can get
    edit: I'd just follow what other people are saying, I don't want to frictionalize the information.

If you do end up DL more then drop the weight down further obviously instead of doing 285 just 'cause you can.
    Last edited by GeneralSerpant; 09-27-2020 at 12:44 PM.

WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    My gym reopened a month ago and ever since then, I trained full body about 5-6x a week, focusing on compund lifts and throwing in face pulls and arm work near the end. I usually rotate between horizontal push/pulls one day and vertical push/pulls the other while throwing in squats or deads near the end. No matter how many times I went to the gym in a given week, I am able to add weight to my lifts or do extra reps per set. I do form checks regularly and my bench went from 115 to 135 lbs while my squat went from 225 lbs to 265 lbs. I didn't loose strength when my gym reopened because I did calisthenics throughout quarantine.

Is this abnormal in anyway? I don't feel any aches or soreness. For my compounds I aim for 3-4 sets in the 5 rep range. Face pulls and arm work, I go for 8-12 reps. Whenever I hit my goal reps, I just add weight. I have yet to plateau in anything.
    No offense, because I'm not making fun of you, just giving you a serious answer because were all at different training levels.

First and foremost, what's your age? I'm sure your younger and have higher testosterone levels like myself.

Next, again, no making fun of you, just being serious, back when I was benching in the 100's and deadlifting in the high 200's, I could do each lift every single day of the week if I wanted to, seemed like I had unlimited energy.

The heavier you get in your progress though, the harder it gets. When you get your deadlift up near 500 lbs, I'm sure you won't be doing it too many times a week. Just food for the thought.

I'm like you though, except I spent some time in prison doing a thousand push ups a day on any given day. I figured all the endurance workouts had something to do with it on my end. But then again when I look back on it, as I got into the real heavy weights, I started fatiguing much quicker.

Originally Posted by WeightedDip View Post
    No offense, because I'm not making fun of you, just giving you a serious answer because were all at different training levels.

First and foremost, what's your age? I'm sure your younger and have higher testosterone levels like myself.

Next, again, no making fun of you, just being serious, back when I was benching in the 100's and deadlifting in the high 200's, I could do each lift every single day of the week if I wanted to, seemed like I had unlimited energy.

The heavier you get in your progress though, the harder it gets. When you get your deadlift up near 500 lbs, I'm sure you won't be doing it too many times a week. Just food for the thought.

I'm like you though, except I spent some time in prison doing a thousand push ups a day on any given day. I figured all the endurance workouts had something to do with it on my end. But then again when I look back on it, as I got into the real heavy weights, I started fatiguing much quicker.
    Early 20s. Ngl I actually had low testosterone for years due to a brain tumor affecting hormones (had 120 ng/dL). I started lifting 2018 and could barely bench the bar for a rep- by 2019 I could only do a set of 5 at 95 lbs for my bench press. I was wondering why I couldn't make proper strength gains even with a calorie surplus and sleep. Thankfully I got my issue checked around last winter and got put on some medication. My levels have tripled since then.

I dread the day my T levels take a dip due to natural causes. I do look forward to the weights getting heavier because I feel guilty not being beat up even after a workout where I gave my all.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is the medication?
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

It's easy to not be afraid of tigers when you're sitting in your living room watching a television program about tigers. When you're in the jungle where the tigers are, it's quite a different story.

Originally Posted by supramax View Post
    What is the medication?
    Cabergoline

WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10) WeightedDip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Early 20s. Ngl I actually had low testosterone for years due to a brain tumor affecting hormones (had 120 ng/dL). I started lifting 2018 and could barely bench the bar for a rep- by 2019 I could only do a set of 5 at 95 lbs for my bench press. I was wondering why I couldn't make proper strength gains even with a calorie surplus and sleep. Thankfully I got my issue checked around last winter and got put on some medication. My levels have tripled since then.

I dread the day my T levels take a dip due to natural causes. I do look forward to the weights getting heavier because I feel guilty not being beat up even after a workout where I gave my all.
    Your way younger than I am. I'm young, but not your young. LOL 29. You have plenty of time to grow and get stronger. Just take it a day at a time. I rushed a lot of things and had a few injuries' along the way that caused me sucky down time. Glad you got your test levels back up.

If it helps, I grew a ton of strength early on, by using all low rep sets. When I started out my rep scheme was usually a (6) Sets per move: 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5. I used 3 rep sets on my first sets so I could live the most weight instead of vice versa and it worked wonders. Don't get caught up in the "you have to life for xx amount of reps to grow. As mentioned, my first year, I used all 3 and 5 rep sets and put on almost 40 lbs in 12 months, and set new PR's every single week.

Originally Posted by WeightedDip View Post
    Your way younger than I am. I'm young, but not your young. LOL 29. You have plenty of time to grow and get stronger. Just take it a day at a time. I rushed a lot of things and had a few injuries' along the way that caused me sucky down time. Glad you got your test levels back up.

If it helps, I grew a ton of strength early on, by using all low rep sets. When I started out my rep scheme was usually a (6) Sets per move: 3, 3, 3, 5, 5, 5. I used 3 rep sets on my first sets so I could live the most weight instead of vice versa and it worked wonders. Don't get caught up in the "you have to life for xx amount of reps to grow. As mentioned, my first year, I used all 3 and 5 rep sets and put on almost 40 lbs in 12 months, and set new PR's every single week.
    Thanks for the pep talk man. Honestly I genuinely love lifting weights because I find it fun and rewarding whenever I progress in a certain exercise- be it in weight or sets/reps. That's primarily the reason why I enjoy going to the gym (almost) every day.

I intend on keeping on with what I'm doing but if I notice recovery being an issue or the weights start to get real heavy, I definitely will slow down whether I like it or not.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post

BTW it's pretty hard to fit deadlift into a HF program. If your goal is hypertrophy, I would recommend using squat, romanian deadlift, hip thrusters, leg extensions (or sissy squat) and leg curls.
    I just read this comment for the first time. HF means high-frequency right?

Regarding deadlifts, I wouldn't mind taking a break from it for a while and replace it with RDLs. Would I miss anything in terms of hypertrophy by sticking to squats, RDLs, rows, and pulldowns? AFAIK the creator of Fierce 5 is cool with replacing deads with romanians.

I just read this comment for the first time. HF means high-frequency right?

Regarding deadlifts, I wouldn't mind taking a break from it for a while and replace it with RDLs. Would I miss anything in terms of hypertrophy by sticking to squats, RDLs, rows, and pulldowns? AFAIK the creator of Fierce 5 is cool with replacing deads with romanians.
    No, I think the setup I describe would actually be better for that goal since it puts it more focused stimulus on particular muscle groups. Deadlift is a jack of all trades, using incomplete ROM on some muscle groups.

I live in California and our governor has reopened gyms twice since the pandemic. Haven’t done RDLs since March and could barely do sets of 185 lbs. Even though my squat and deadlift returned to their original working weights before lockdown, I lost like 60 lbs in this lift. Feels bad man