Thread: Joint support

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Joint support

Recommendations for a joint support supp (ideally something that won’t break the bank)? I’m constantly dealing with joint issues, most notably in the shoulder and knees, both of which have forced me to lay off certain lifts indefinitely or cut sets short. And I am still tirelessly working on and prioritizing form to little avail, so I need additional options.

dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100) dandyrandy1 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Xpiro View Post
    Recommendations for a joint support supp (ideally something that won’t break the bank)? I’m constantly dealing with joint issues, most notably in the shoulder and knees, both of which have forced me to lay off certain lifts indefinitely or cut sets short. And I am still tirelessly working on and prioritizing form to little avail, so I need additional options.
    I use Move Free and had success... I word of caution though I havent gotten a definitive answer from my doctor but i think it may be possible to suffer from high blood pressure from using joint pills but like I said I cant say for sure.

Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Xpiro is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks like you’re right... blood pressure concerns, blood sugar concerns, digestive concerns. And glucosamine is the main active ingredient in the wide range of joint support supps

I should have stated taking fish oil years ago so I’m going to get on that, but I wonder how much help it can really offer for my chronic issues.

Registered User JoeCannonMSCSCS's Avatar
    JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50) JoeCannonMSCSCS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Have you addressed why are you having joint pains? If you have OA than glucosamine sulfate may help. I think the research is better for glucosamine sulfate than glucosamine HCL (which many supplements contain). MSM also has some evidence too. For us guys Id be cautious of chondroitin sulfate due to the preliminary research associating it with prostate cancer.

More than supplements, is it possible your not taking enough rest between workouts or doing too much volume? you mentioned your shoulder. are you doing rotator cuff exercises? Poor biomechanics can also cause joint issues. As you can tell, supplements alone may not get the job done.

Joe
    Joe Cannon, MS
    Joe-Cannon.com
    SupplementClarity.com

I’m on Viking’s PPLUL, so yeah quite a bit of volume. I took a quarantine-induced deload for about a month in March but otherwise I’ve been running his stuff for almost 2 years (but with incredible success), so maybe it’s taken a toll on me.

For the shoulder, I’ve been doing rehab exercises on my own but just got into physical therapy for it so I’m hoping it’ll become more manageable or at best even resolve. It’s not a tear, thankfully. I’ve been in and out of PT for these various issues and have been able to keep going because of it, but I’m not exactly getting younger ha. The less emergency intervention the better of course.