lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

*85k reps* Electric guitar/MEGADETH brahs GTFIH to hear this guit cover

I recently read the new Rust In Peace book by Dave Mustaine detailing the creation of Rust In Peace. That's always been my absolute favorite thrash metal record of all time. It was pretty interesting to read through it.

Anyways, I read how they recorded and mixed the electric guitar on that record - Dave going through the rhythms twice and hard panning both tracks left and right, with Marty right up the middle. I went into my home studio and wanted to give that mixing technique a try. I downloaded the drum and bass tracks for Holy Wars and recorded myself going through part of the rhythm sections 3 times and mixing it a similar way to try it out.

Apologies for the sloppy playing. The rhythm guitars on Rust In Peace are legendary. I just played through 3 times without stopping and was seriously losing steam at some point. No idea how he keeps that up for an hour live all while singing over complex rhythms like in Holy Wars.

Just thought I'd share this with my metal brahs here. If you're looking for a new way to record + mix electric guitars, give this a try. The volume on the guitar track right in the middle is around half the ones on the left and right, so it doesn't consume too much space there.

Mind you, this is just a few of the rhythm guitars, no leads at all. The verse riff is one of the greatest things I've ever heard. I tried singing while playing that. Extremely challenging.

https://voca.ro/1bFqnQqm5LcD

*Look at reflection in car window and flex every time crew*
    *Use half the roll to wipe after a poo crew*
    *Fart in the gym and blame rotten smell on faulty ventilation crew*
    *Fart at home and blame it on the dog crew*
    *Take smelly poop then turn up heat, close windows, close door, and leave it for the next unlucky person crew*
    *Drive 2 minutes in the summer and back of shirt gets completely wet crew*
    *Ass eaters anonymous crew*
    *Fat shame my cat on a daily basis crew*

H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000) H00J is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Symphony of destruction next brah
    Hottest women in their prime in no particular order:
    •Jennifer Connelly
    •Denise Richards
    •Jessica Biel
    •Jane Fonda
    •Torrie Wilson
    •Lana Rhoades/Jessa Rhodes/Isis Taylor
    •Keisha Grey/Nicole Aniston/Aidra Fox

lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lightsarefallin has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by H00J View Post
    Symphony of destruction next brah
    Funny enough, I was warming up with that one. Should have maybe warmed up a bit more, though. There's a huge difference between symphony and holy wars.
    *Take smelly poop then turn up heat, close windows, close door, and leave it for the next unlucky person crew*

bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bfdehewdbyywhn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    that’s song feels good to play
    HTC is too skinny for me. Fat Girls only crew. serious
    Chubby Chaser and Fat Girls Only crew Founder

Originally Posted by bfdehewdbyywhn View Post
    that’s song feels good to play
    I recently ran through all of Rust In Peace on guitar. Super complex stuff, deceptively so. Really fun to play, but my arm hurts after.

bump. I guess my metal brahs aren't on today.

DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DerkBezerk is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice playing dude!

I really think if anyone wants to improve their rhythm playing and endurance that they should learn Rust in Peace and Justice front to back. Golden age of thrash.

The more rhythm tracks you add the more precision is required to keep it tight and prevent the mix turning into a fluffy mess. So good job.

I'm sure I read sonewhere Hetfield used to do the same thing with the 'thickener' up the middle.

Another technique is to hard pan the first left and right tracks and then pan another couple slightly in from that. Keep the space in the centre of the mix for bass/leads etc without having to notch the EQ too much to help them break through.

gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000) gtrzrus is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great job Opie. Dave’s riffing is the stuff of legands.

What axe are you using, pickups, amp?

Repped!

Originally Posted by DerkBezerk View Post
    Nice playing dude!

I really think if anyone wants to improve their rhythm playing and endurance that they should learn Rust in Peace and Justice front to back. Golden age of thrash.

The more rhythm tracks you add the more precision is required to keep it tight and prevent the mix turning into a fluffy mess. So good job.

I'm sure I read sonewhere Hetfield used to do the same thing with the 'thickener' up the middle.

Another technique is to hard pan the first left and right tracks and then pan another couple slightly in from that. Keep the space in the centre of the mix for bass/leads etc without having to notch the EQ too much to help them break through.
    I primarily record more acoustic-based singer/songwriter and progressive rock stuff in my studio and that's my general approach. I usually record my strummed acoustic twice and hard pan left and right if that instrument happens to drive the song, which is usually does. I do a lot of alternate tuning fingerpicking stuff. I reserve the middle for bass/drums and then mix in other things like a guitar lead, violin, etc. I really don't have much experience recording and mixing metal music which is ironic because I'd say heavy metal is my favorite music style overall.

Originally Posted by gtrzrus View Post
    Great job Opie. Dave’s riffing is the stuff of legands.

What axe are you using, pickups, amp?

Repped!
    I was using this old Jackson Warrior I bought back in high school in 2004 or so, for like 500$. Not sure what the pickups are but they're Jackson brand, so most likely the generic pickups that came with that guitar. That was my first nice guitar that I bought as I was playing lots of metal back as a teenager. I have a few other guitars I use primarily in my studio including a nice American Strat and a Les Paul. I recently pulled my Jackson out again and have been riffing through a few of my favorite metal albums since the whole pandemic began.

Originally Posted by 8PackOfBeer View Post
    fuk that was awesome bro, mirin
    thanks brah

Does anyone here own the rust in peace special edition flying v? Would love to buy that some day. It's made by Dean. I've never tried that brand.