faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) faithbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Full day fasting, once per week.

Hey guys, Im currently maingaining at around 2200-2500 calories per day.

I want to fast once per week, full 24 hour water fast for religious reasons.

Just want to know how this will affect my progress and if its going to be a big hinderance to my progression, and if there are any tips you guys may have to do it without destroying my gains.

Cheers

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes it probably will. How much is hard to say. Just don't train that day - and possibly not the day before either (or at least not a big session).

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Faith, I did a 21 day liquid fast in January. (Religious reasons for me, too.) Now, liquids allowed things like tomato/V-8 juice, creamy soups, clear broths. I also drank protein shakes. Didn't seem to hinder my workouts.

With a full fast, I think you'll just have to 'play it by ear' and see how you feel. I WOULD schedule the fast for an off day.

EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EliKoehn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you don't mind, post back here and let us know how it seems to be affecting you.
    Bench: 315
    Squat: 315
    Deadlift: 475

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Faith, I did a 21 day liquid fast in January. (Religious reasons for me, too.) Now, liquids allowed things like tomato/V-8 juice, creamy soups, clear broths. I also drank protein shakes. Didn't seem to hinder my workouts.

With a full fast, I think you'll just have to 'play it by ear' and see how you feel. I WOULD schedule the fast for an off day.
    Can I ask what religious reasons they were? Was it to experience an altered consciousness?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Can I ask what religious reasons they were? Was it to experience an altered consciousness?
    Yeah kind of interesting take on it...

I mean, in theory a liquid diet could be nothing but milkshakes
    The power of carbs compels me!

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not at all. My church does 21-days of prayer and fasting each January. The 'fasting' is not necessarily food. Some people don't use social media for those 21 days. Some give up coffee, sweets, or just chocolate. It is up to each individual.

This January, I actually gave up social media (including this forum) and only had liquids. With the protein shakes, fruit and vegetable juices, and broths, I could tell zero difference in my workouts - and was rarely hungry. The fast is actually designed to help you to stop thinking so much about yourself and your "wants" and more on God.

Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Strawng has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Not at all. My church does 21-days of prayer and fasting each January. The 'fasting' is not necessarily food. Some people don't use social media for those 21 days. Some give up coffee, sweets, or just chocolate. It is up to each individual.

This January, I actually gave up social media (including this forum) and only had liquids. With the protein shakes, fruit and vegetable juices, and broths, I could tell zero difference in my workouts - and was rarely hungry. The fast is actually designed to help you to stop thinking so much about yourself and your "wants" and more on God.
    Ahh that makes sense. As much as I love shakes or smoothies with PB, oats, etc., I'd be far less focused on food if I only had liquid calories to choose from. It's amazing how easy it is to be distracted from what's important in our modern world from the endless food options to the countless time-wasting endeavors granted by technology among so many other things.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ahh that makes sense. As much as I love shakes or smoothies with PB, oats, etc., I'd be far less focused on food if I only had liquid calories to choose from. It's amazing how easy it is to be distracted from what's important in our modern world from the endless food options to the countless time-wasting endeavors granted by technology among so many other things.
    The more companies can grab our attention, the more money they can syphon from us.

AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AlBHappy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It will help you progress by eliminating the toxins in your body, blunting your insulin, lowering your blood pressure and making you healthier.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by AlBHappy View Post
    It will help you progress by eliminating the toxins in your body, blunting your insulin, lowering your blood pressure and making you healthier.
    Your kidneys are very efficient are removing any unwanted products of metabolism on a continuous basis. There is no particular need to fast in order to do that.

Insulin only responds to how much carbohydrate (and protein) you consume - in healthy people this an appropriate amount and not regarded as toxic. So nothing to worry about there either if you aren't diabetic.

Acute changes in blood pressure don't mean much. This is more of a chronic (long term) indicator of potential problems.

There just isn't any compelling evidence that fasting produces health benefits as compared to an equivalent isocaloric intake.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you're obese and sedentary then yes, that's probable.

If you're already healthy and exercising it won't make a meaningful difference.

And obviously fasting from protein for 24 hours results in negative muscle protein balance, which isn't something that will help you progress.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is utter nonsense.
    Currently: traveling + MA Forensic Psych

Last country visited: Costa Rica - 2020
    Next country booked: Albania 2021, Scotland 2021

Name the toxins

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    What happened to the RPTmarine dude? He'd be all over this topic.

AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexSays is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Have done three 60 hour fasts in the past month or two for experimental purposes.

Saw no impact on my strength before or after. My endurance just completely sucked during the fast itself but I was still able to do low volume workouts at full working weight

If you are trying to gain strength or mass it likely wont be ideal. You will definitely need to compensate for the calories on other days and I would agree with above not to work out on the fast day as it will definitely affect the intensity with which you can train.
    Somehow still managing to avoid getting 'too big'

Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Can someone please entertain me here. If you are bulking at a rate of 2-lb/month and you start doing a 24 hour fast (supper on Saturday -> supper on Sunday) resulting in a 1000 caloric deficit for Sunday, and therefore a total fat loss of ~1-lb per month, wouldn't you just be ridding of the fat gain that is inherent with a bulk? Would this really be detrimental in terms of muscle gain if you spend 6/7 days in a caloric surplus and 1/7 in a deficit?

Edit* or is this what they call spinning your wheels? Lol

Originally Posted by Dranseth View Post
    Can someone please entertain me here. If you are bulking at a rate of 2-lb/month and you start doing a 24 hour fast (supper on Saturday -> supper on Sunday) resulting in a 1000 caloric deficit for Sunday, and therefore a total fat loss of ~1-lb per month, wouldn't you just be ridding of the fat gain that is inherent with a bulk? Would this really be detrimental in terms of muscle gain if you spend 6/7 days in a caloric surplus and 1/7 in a deficit?

Edit* or is this what they call spinning your wheels? Lol
    Well, IF the result was a 1000 deficit, then during the time you're not eating, your MPS isn't going to be happening like it would if you were fed... you won't recover as ideally as you otherwise would.

But honestly, to me, it's all just needless tinkering.

Registered User userDKUBMCDU1Q7's Avatar
    userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) userDKUBMCDU1Q7 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Can you lower your fasting time to maybe 10 hours a day/

Originally Posted by userDKUBMCDU1Q7 View Post
    In other words from your evening meal until breakfast time?

safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000) safcpaul is a name known to all. (+5000)
    This is what I do. Has been working great for me. I fast about 9 hours a day from 9pm til 6am every day while I'm asleep. Some would call me a daredevil

Sure. Even 12 hours would probably not have adverse effects for hypertrophy.

16 hours fasting is probably suboptimal.