jimikim is on a distinguished road. (+10)

14 day Korea Quarantine - detox and getting back on track

Hey guys,

I am going to Korea on business but will be required to be in a 14 day quarantine. They basically stick you in a hotel room and you cannot leave the room. They deliver 3 meals a day and from I gather it's a mix of basic Korean food and looks to be ~1200 calories a day. There is also no alcohol allowed (I have been drinking ~10-15 drinks per week). I gained about 20 lbs during COVID so I am going to treat this as a detox / getting back into health kick.

Quick background:
    -I'm in my late 30s
    -I had lifted casually, and was ramping up but then corona hit
    -I categorize myself as skinny fat
    -I hit ~160 lbs last year doing cardio (down from 190 mainly from spinning) and worked my way up to 170 by switching to lifting and doing the whole protein regimen, etc.
    -Now ~190 lbs probably lost a lot of muscle
    -Pre COVID I had been doing intermittent fasting and heavy protein but with corona and having to feed kids, etc. did not keep that regimen.

I want to take advantage of this quarantine by allowing me to focus on work but also treating it as a detox. Here is my basic plan to stay sane:
    -Create a normal routine
    -Forced to limit my caloric intake because no take out delivery is allowed, but I can pack as much packaged food products as I can (I plan on loading up on meat sticks and protein bars)
    -Exercise - I have some exercise bands I can take with me, and I can do push ups, squats, look at p90x type videos on YT, etc.
    -Will download mental health apps
    -Daily video calls with my family

Any other tips (exercise, diet, etc.)?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm in Japan and I actually deal directly with all the ROM (we call it "Restriction of Movement" in the military) personnel that come into the country. Many of them end up being in ROM for longer than 2 weeks because to successfully exit they have to receive a negative PCR test and its taking a while for those results to come back (tested on day 10-14 but up to a week for results to come back). The mental aspect has been tough for people, its basically like being in prison except worse since you don't get an hour of yard time outside each day.

I'd be surprised if they only give you 1200 calories per day, Koreans love to eat and that sounds pretty ridiculous to me. In Japan they're getting around 2000 at least. Plus they can order food and have it dropped at the door pretty much anytime.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.