Reply
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 31 to 39 of 39
  1. #31
    Registered User rlundregan's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Age: 52
    Posts: 4,950
    Rep Power: 31555
    rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    rlundregan is offline
    Originally Posted by Mech6 View Post
    Lol, thanks. But it's easily the most annoying part of the whole process. You learn to hate bubble wrap and tape guns.
    But you were so good at it! I always regretted not taking pictures of your packages when they arrived!

    I had an understanding with my mail lady regarding your packages......she would back her truck into my driveway and open the back door of the truck, I would unload the box myself.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]
    Reply With Quote

  2. #32
    Registered User radrd's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2018
    Age: 39
    Posts: 3,902
    Rep Power: 34178
    radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    radrd is offline
    I've never really shopped the highest end but I'm curious why you went Ivanko over Eleiko? Preference for stainless? I've read some stuff about Ivanko declining in quality that would have made me think twice.
    Reply With Quote

  3. #33
    Registered User mathtcha's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Age: 39
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mathtcha is online now
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    I've never really shopped the highest end but I'm curious why you went Ivanko over Eleiko? Preference for stainless? I've read some stuff about Ivanko declining in quality that would have made me think twice.
    Yeah..I had ordered the Eleiko Performance bars (PL&WL), but cancelled the order. It was the chrome plating that I couldn’t deal with. I have some cheap chrome plated cable attachments and the Eleikos reminded me of them.
    I also read somewhere about the quality of Ivankos declining, but I didnt come across any specifics. There were also a lot more people saying positive things about the Ivanko’s and so I decided to take a risk. For now, I like them a lot and don’t regret spending a bomb on them...hopefully they will function well for the next 30/40 years.
    Reply With Quote

  4. #34
    Registered User radrd's Avatar
    Join Date: Apr 2018
    Age: 39
    Posts: 3,902
    Rep Power: 34178
    radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) radrd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    radrd is offline
    Originally Posted by mathtcha View Post
    Yeah..I had ordered the Eleiko Performance bars (PL&WL), but cancelled the order. It was the chrome plating that I couldn’t deal with. I have some cheap chrome plated cable attachments and the Eleikos reminded me of them.
    I also read somewhere about the quality of Ivankos declining, but I didnt come across any specifics. There were also a lot more people saying positive things about the Ivanko’s and so I decided to take a risk. For now, I like them a lot and don’t regret spending a bomb on them...hopefully they will function well for the next 30/40 years.
    Considering there isn't much price difference, I'd probably go with the raw shaft Competition Eleiko, but that means extra maintenance. Glad to hear you're liking the Ivankos!
    Reply With Quote

  5. #35
    Registered User urbanlifter's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2008
    Location: Ohio, United States
    Age: 37
    Posts: 6,356
    Rep Power: 23040
    urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    urbanlifter is offline
    Originally Posted by mathtcha View Post
    I also read somewhere about the quality of Ivankos declining, but I didnt come across any specifics.
    The talk here mostly revolved around Ivanko's Olympic weights, specifically their 'Revolvers' which were once considered the pinnacle of Olympic weights (at least here). My experiences with Ivanko were not the greatest either though with my curl bar, the OBZ-30 I ordered a few years back came in terrible condition. I've never ordered anything from Ivanko since, and with the current competition in the market I'd probably be more likely to recommend REP's deep knurl power bar over anything Ivanko sells. I'm sure their stuff is great, but once you get close to what I would describe as the 'Law of Diminishing Returns' in terms of quality, why waste the money?
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #58 ▪█─────█▪
    Reply With Quote

  6. #36
    Registered User mathtcha's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Age: 39
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mathtcha is online now
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    The talk here mostly revolved around Ivanko's Olympic weights, specifically their 'Revolvers' which were once considered the pinnacle of Olympic weights (at least here). My experiences with Ivanko were not the greatest either though with my curl bar, the OBZ-30 I ordered a few years back came in terrible condition. I've never ordered anything from Ivanko since, and with the current competition in the market I'd probably be more likely to recommend REP's deep knurl power bar over anything Ivanko sells. I'm sure their stuff is great, but once you get close to what I would describe as the 'Law of Diminishing Returns' in terms of quality, why waste the money?
    Oh right! I remember reading something like that...the bar had ‘soft’ spots in the knurling because that is where the bar that put bends in the OBX made contact? Yeah that’s terrible...
    Thanks for the recommendation...any idea how the REP would compare to Rogue’s curl bar?
    I am looking for one of those Super EZ Curl bars as I like the bend angle better for both curls and reverse curls..I wish one was made in the US.
    Reply With Quote

  7. #37
    Registered User gabsonfire's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2013
    Posts: 35
    Rep Power: 0
    gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50) gabsonfire will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    gabsonfire is offline
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    The talk here mostly revolved around Ivanko's Olympic weights, specifically their 'Revolvers' which were once considered the pinnacle of Olympic weights (at least here). My experiences with Ivanko were not the greatest either though with my curl bar, the OBZ-30 I ordered a few years back came in terrible condition. I've never ordered anything from Ivanko since, and with the current competition in the market I'd probably be more likely to recommend REP's deep knurl power bar over anything Ivanko sells. I'm sure their stuff is great, but once you get close to what I would describe as the 'Law of Diminishing Returns' in terms of quality, why waste the money?
    I recently received my 800lb order of Revolvers. Obviously shipped freight. No damage at all to the packaging. Every single plate has a line that is not painted, i'm guessing they hung the plates to paint them? the 25s delivered in pristine packaging, had damage in multiple spots. Whatever damages were present on my plates was caused prior to shipping.

    When I brought this to the attention of Ivanko, they stated "we do no have time to check every plate prior to shipping for damage/quality control". They offered to full refund me and pickup the plates.

    The damage is not substantial and I am being very nitpicky, but still I have waited 6 years to upgrade to these plates, paid a premium and was expecting much more. They gave me 20% off my order initially when i ordered, so I am keeping the plates. I asked for more refund or credit to Ivanko, have heard nothing in 3 weeks.

    I still love them.
    Reply With Quote

  8. #38
    Registered User mathtcha's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2012
    Age: 39
    Posts: 19
    Rep Power: 0
    mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50) mathtcha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    mathtcha is online now
    Originally Posted by gabsonfire View Post
    I recently received my 800lb order of Revolvers. Obviously shipped freight. No damage at all to the packaging. Every single plate has a line that is not painted, i'm guessing they hung the plates to paint them? the 25s delivered in pristine packaging, had damage in multiple spots. Whatever damages were present on my plates was caused prior to shipping.

    When I brought this to the attention of Ivanko, they stated "we do no have time to check every plate prior to shipping for damage/quality control". They offered to full refund me and pickup the plates.

    The damage is not substantial and I am being very nitpicky, but still I have waited 6 years to upgrade to these plates, paid a premium and was expecting much more. They gave me 20% off my order initially when i ordered, so I am keeping the plates. I asked for more refund or credit to Ivanko, have heard nothing in 3 weeks.

    I still love them.
    I hear you...I does not seems to me that Ivanko values people’s money as much as some of the other companies. I love my bars even though they came scratched, but purely based on their CS, the condition that they ship some of their stuff and the way the ship, I’m not sure if I would buy from them again. I mean who would want their McLaren arrive at their door step scratched?
    Reply With Quote

  9. #39
    RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2011
    Location: Virginia, United States
    Posts: 4,629
    Rep Power: 14924
    matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) matrix563 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    matrix563 is offline
    Originally Posted by mathtcha View Post
    I hear you...I does not seems to me that Ivanko values people’s money as much as some of the other companies. I love my bars even though they came scratched, but purely based on their CS, the condition that they ship some of their stuff and the way the ship, I’m not sure if I would buy from them again. I mean who would want their McLaren arrive at their door step scratched?
    I dont waste money on poor customer service.
    ▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

    ~ 5th dimensional being ~
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts