Dean1115 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Maximum muscle gains

I am 29 years old 10 stone and my height is 5ft6. I used to be 12 13 stone years ago but I lost a lot of muscle due to illness. I have short legs and long arms. My arms are skinny and I have a big chest.
    I want to train for looks not for competition.
    I need a workout program that just focuses on hypertrophy muscle and size. Like I said I'm not doing this for strength or competition I just want maximum gains in muscle size/mass.
    I have barbell and dumbbelL. I would appreciate your advice and help.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    It sounds like you are keen to emphasise the mass gain rather than performance requirements - which is fine, but some people have fixed ideas that you "must have" a certain split or only do high reps to achieve this.

“Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but don't nobody want to lift no heavy-ass weights.” - Ronnie Coleman

Actually, I will recommend one of the novice routines from the sticky threads - you intimated that you have lifted before but having lost all the weight, you are back to being a novice - and it's how you will make the most rapid progress.

The good news is that if you lost muscle it should come back faster than it took first time around and you won't necessarily be on the novice routine for more than a few months.