dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Body Recomposition

Hey guys,

So, I stopped lifting for 3 months due to covid + 1.5 months of not being motivated, but now I have a better mindset and I'll start grinding again.

I'm currently working out 6 days a week (not PPL) and doing 30 min of incline treadmill 4 days a week. Currently I'm 79.4 kg (175 lbs) and I'm 167cm (almost 5'5). I'm not sure what my BF% is but I'll assume it's 20% since people usually tend to believe it's lower than what actually is. Currently I don't have any vascularity, only on my bicep when I grab weights, I can see part of my obliques and some lines on my core but other than that is just fat. My legs is the only muscle group when I flex I can almost see a clear line of muscle separation.

My TDEE is 3,023 cals and my caloric deficit is at 2560 cals (lower when I do cardio). 279g Carbs 68g Fat 216g Protein (I know I don't need this much protein but I dont feel lack of energy or hunger)

These are my weight logs of the last 2 weeks.

Week 1

81.2 kg - 80.9 kg - 80 kg - 80.3 kg - 80.3 kg - 81.1 kg (cheat meal the day after) 80.1 kg

Week 2

80.3 kg - 80 kg - 79.9 kg - 79.4 kg (today)

So, I want to recover some of the muscle I've lost and lose fat at the same time, I know I can do that, right now because of body recomposition. I want to start a bulk after that but I don't want to cut as fast as possible, I still have some good lean mass on me and I don' want to lose it. Also I know I shouldn't trust scale numbers but it's just for guidance as how fast my weight is dropping.

Opinions?
    Attached Images
    Last edited by dannyesh; 09-25-2020 at 03:44 PM.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Two weeks really isn't a big enough sample size (especially the first 2 weeks), but as long as you're losing no more than about 1% of your overall bodyweight per week then you're good.

You're awfully small to have a TDEE over 3000 calories. Especially since you've said in past threads that your maintenance TDEE is 2700. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178498061

Post a photo for the best advice.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by dannyesh View Post
    My TDEE is 3,023 cals and my caloric deficit is at 2560 cals (lower when I do cardio).
    It's semantics but when you do cardio, you raise your TDEE, not lower your intake.

279g Carbs 68g Fat 216g Protein (I know I don't need this much protein but I dont feel lack of energy or hunger)
    This equates to 2862 calories, not 2560.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Training is very important if you want to recomp. It's hard enough to gain muscle under ideal conditions - but if you are in a deficit, it has to be right on point to make the difference between making some progress or just maintaining.

So it's essential that you see consistent and sustained progress across a broad range of lifts.

dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10) dannyesh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Two weeks really isn't a big enough sample size (especially the first 2 weeks), but as long as you're losing no more than about 1% of your overall bodyweight per week then you're good.

You're awfully small to have a TDEE over 3000 calories. Especially since you've said in past threads that your maintenance TDEE is 2700. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178498061

Post a photo for the best advice.
    What do you mean by small? I'm a bowling ball xD
    My TDEE currently is over 3000 cals according to the calculator and my stats.
    Also, I updated my post with some pictures

Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    It's semantics but when you do cardio, you raise your TDEE, not lower your intake.

This equates to 2862 calories, not 2560.
    My fitnesspal says its 2560, I've added everything correctly.

beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Just be aware that some foods in the database for myfitness pal (or really any tracking app) can have big errors in the macro nutrient breakdown and calories. Lots of these foods are added to the database by users so there isn’t a lot of QA being done.

It is good to use as a broad guideline but not infallible.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You're short with pretty high body fat (around 24-25% based on your photos), so I'd be surprised if your TDEE is that high, but whatever you say.

Just track your calories and adjust as required so that you're losing between 1-2 lbs per week.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

1. TDEE Calculators are not always accurate.

2. The Entries in Myfitnesspal are also not 100% accurate. Most of them are input by random users like yourself who can be mistaken about the calorie and macro values that they enter. Example: I've seen "4 oz of boneless, skinless chicken breast" listings there at everything from "25 calories" (wrong) to "350 calories" (also wrong) when the real value should be about 185 calories.

Just because something is posted online doesn't make it accurate. It is ultimately up to you to check and verify which numbers you are using in your calculations.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You did something wrong. The number I got is simple math from the macro breakdown you gave.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Week 1

81.2 kg - 80.9 kg - 80 kg - 80.3 kg - 80.3 kg - 81.1 kg (cheat meal the day after) 80.1 kg

Week 2

80.3 kg - 80 kg - 79.9 kg - 79.4 kg (today)
    OK seems like you are losing slowly.

Re-comping isn't all that complicated, focus primarily on the training quality and progress/maintenance on the bar.
    “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” – Joseph Pilates

A bodybuilder uses the weights to work the muscle.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    You did something wrong. The number I got is simple math from the macro breakdown you gave.
    What he did wrong was to trust the entries on Myfitnesspal from random people as being accurate without double checking any of them for himself.

Here is a perfect example of what I am talking about.

Type in "Skinless chicken breast" and this is one of the first entries to pop up..

It claims that the portion is "250 calories" however the macros listed are..

Protein: 72g = 288 calories
    Fat: 8g = 72 Calories

Adding up to 360 calories total.

Putting inaccurate entries like that into your food log will definitely screw up your deficit.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50) 1stCoachJoe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Here is a little something on TDEE I saved from previous forum discussions. I hope it helps:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

GETTING YOUR NUMBERS RIGHT:

Finding your most accurate estimate of TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) along with accurately measuring and tracking every morsel and liquid that passes through your lips daily is a process of trial and error.

You can't simply go by models, calculators, or apps, and the like.

Sure, you can use them to get going as a baseline, but you must fine-tune them via strict adherence and tight monitoring to make certain you have the best estimates in place.

You'll know you've got your numbers accurately estimated when your mathematical projections for weight loss/gain prove out over a significant period.

It's quite simple, however, it's not so easy to accomplish. If you want to get it right, you'll have to be patient and disciplined - it's that simple.

PS

As an aside, working with these figures is often a blend of art and science.

By asking the right questions and using logical data inputs, I can often find my clients' best estimates within a week or two with some tweaking, which is quite fast.

When you've done this yourself several times over as I have, you get an intuitive sense as to where all the numbers need to be.

Of critical importance in the process is getting the most accurate estimates of intake and expenditure information possible.

The way to get the best and most accurate estimate of TDEE is via strict adherence, monitoring, and recording of all related activity and consumption over an extended period.

Throughout such a process one would monitor and average changes in weight over a 4-16 week period, making adjustments to the TDEE number until the expected math reconciles itself to the best approximation of what one is expecting from a given deficit or surplus.

At the end of the day, you are your best calculator - it just takes time, discipline, and patience to estimate your most accurate numbers.

If you do this as often as I have - for myself and others, it becomes easier and takes far less time to get very reliable estimates that produce expected results.

I hope that helps.
    Without proper diets and effective meal plans dialed in, you might well be spitting in the wind.