Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dranseth View Post
    Interesting and thank you for this. How much of an impact does increasing meal frequency actually have though? For example, 150g of protein spread out over three meals versus four meals.
    The necessary study to answer this question hasn't been done and might never be done because you'd need a very large number of participants to find a significant difference.

I suspect the difference will be small.

Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dranseth will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Mrpb View Post
    The necessary study to answer this question hasn't been done and might never be done because you'd need a very large number of participants to find a significant difference.

I suspect the difference will be small.
    I am giving it a go. So far I actually prefer it because my meal sizes have reduced nicely. I was 800-900 calories per meal before at 3 times per day and now I am 600-700 calories per meal 4 times per day. Started my first ever slow bulk as of Monday this week. I feel so much better in the gym.

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I feel like at a point the micro managing does nothing. Based off what I read more activations is clearly better but honestly I don't think the xtra 100 cals from a 50 gram shake is a big deal. I put 12 oz of skim fairlife and a scoop of the whey I like for post workout. That's about 250 calories and 45 grams of protein I don't really care if I'm "wasting" some small amount of that protein because I'm getting 4-5 30g+ activations a day and more than I need in total 250 cals is not much and it tastes good and makes me feel better after lifting. So yes if the choice was 50grams once and a total of 3 or less activations in the day there would be some benefit to splitting it up. I would just drink my 45 and still get another 30 later. So I lifted yesterday I slammed a 250 cal shake after and then ate a roughly 400 cal 35G of protein dinner about 3-4 hour latter just before bed.