QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Feel pulling in testicles w/ KB swings ?

My first block today after warm up was a pyramid KB swing (5x50-10x45-15x40-20x35-25x30-20x35-15x40-10x45-5x50). About halfway through I began feeling a pulling in my left nut and decided to stop. First time I've ever felt anything other than muscle soreness w/ KB swings. Searches online didn't turn up anything so I'm guessing that this is somewhat unusual? Likely bad form? Or should have started w/ a bit less weight on the front end and ended w/ the heavier?

BTW, I'm 60 (forum software wants me to be 50 no matter what).

Thanks,

Humble Megalomaniac ElrondHubbard's Avatar
    ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ElrondHubbard has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Check for a hernia, perhaps?
    “Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.”
    -Voltaire

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It does sound unusual. Unless you were wearing some new tighter underwear, you may want to get that checked out if it continues since it could be unrelated to the KB swings other than being aggravated by it.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    **Warning: I am just a random internet weirdo and not competent or medically qualified**

Testicle discomfort is much more likely that other bodyparts to be the result of referred pain - i.e. pain from somewhere else being felt in your nut/nuts instead of the place where the problem really is.

https://www.urologygroupvirginia.com...esticular-pain
    "...There may also be referred pain to the testis, which means there is pain that originates elsewhere, but is felt in the testis. This can occur if there is a pinched nerve in the back or in the groin area...."

So it might be something in your back or groin. Just rest and take it easy, look after your back!
    If the pain doesn't go away, or keeps coming back - then get it checked by your doc

QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50) QDubs will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks all. @OldFartTom may have nailed it.

About 10 years ago I had a few instances of extreme (like direct hit from someone's boot) nut pain. Docs couldn't figure it out. Solution was that every time it happened I had to get to an ER for a shot of Dilaudid.

Over dinner one night w/ some friends (she head of medicine for 3M, he an orthopedist) my wife decided to share with them my nut problem. Orthopedist said 'L2' without even thinking. Turned out it was a pinched nerve in my L2 vertebrae. The new and improved solution is to just be very cautious with it (correcting it would be extremely risky).

I'd totally forgotten about that. Thank YOU!

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by QDubs View Post
    My first block today after warm up was a pyramid KB swing (5x50-10x45-15x40-20x35-25x30-20x35-15x40-10x45-5x50). About halfway through I began feeling a pulling in my left nut and decided to stop. First time I've ever felt anything other than muscle soreness w/ KB swings. Searches online didn't turn up anything so I'm guessing that this is somewhat unusual? Likely bad form? Or should have started w/ a bit less weight on the front end and ended w/ the heavier?

BTW, I'm 60 (forum software wants me to be 50 no matter what).

Thanks,

Look up these terms, then go see your doctor

1)varicocele

2)testicular torsion

The first one can give you a vague feeling of dragging your nut,.....the second one can be anything from mild to severe drop to your knees pain.

When I was a young man I had the second happen, and I ended up having emergency surgery...I was away at school at the time...everyone knew about it and goofed on me for years!

I used to get the varicocele often years ago...does not bother me now..I was doing more mountain biking then.

BTW I still have two properly functioning nuts.
    Please record my time/reps if I pass out

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not sure. I'm not qualified to give medical assessments on scrotums.

But speaking of nuts, I had my yearly doctor's appointment last week. He grabbed my ballz and told me to cough.

So I said,

"Doc. Taxation is theft."
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by QDubs View Post
    Thanks all. @OldFartTom may have nailed it.

About 10 years ago I had a few instances of extreme (like direct hit from someone's boot) nut pain. Docs couldn't figure it out. Solution was that every time it happened I had to get to an ER for a shot of Dilaudid.

Over dinner one night w/ some friends (she head of medicine for 3M, he an orthopedist) my wife decided to share with them my nut problem. Orthopedist said 'L2' without even thinking. Turned out it was a pinched nerve in my L2 vertebrae. The new and improved solution is to just be very cautious with it (correcting it would be extremely risky).

I'd totally forgotten about that. Thank YOU!
    One of my friends is a physiotherapist. Quite a while ago, I'd injured my back and I asked for his advice. I don't remember the letter and number of the vertebrae, but he told me what disc was bulging and added that it would also make my left testicle ache. I hadn't mentioned to him that my left testicle was hurting, because I didn't connect it with the back problem. It was then that I realized he absolutely knew what he was talking about.

I swing first thing in every workout. I recommend pyramiding up in weight and down in repetitions, rather than up in repetitions and down in weight and then reversing the order like you do.

As you originally thought, the culprit is poor form. There's a ton of instruction about swings on the www and most of it is bull****. One of the finest instructions I've ever come across is right here on Bodybuilding dot com: https://www.bodybuilding.com/content...ell-swing.html

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    "Fake news"... Shamelessly bogus quoting

Originally Posted by NorwichGrad View Post
    week. He grabbed my ballz and told me to cough.

So I said,

"Doc. Taxation is theft."

He frowned and tightened his grip until his knuckles went completely white and said "No NorwichGrad, pay your bills"

I now sing falsetto, and have never been late paying my doc again

mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpockets has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't do KB Swings because the older I gut the more I am worried about hitting mine....J/K

I had kidney stones that caused me some pain in the berries, like the others said it could be from somewhere else. Good Luck! hope it clears fast
    Air Force Veteran 1976 - 1999 - Cannabis Enthusiast since the 1960's

Retired at 40 Crew - Social distancing expert - Living the Dream

I use the gender neutral pronouns "Fukker/Fukkers" a lot.

****** I don't always agree with the memes I post ******

I tell it like it is, if you want smoke blown up your ass or something sugar coated. I suggest you get a Hooker and a powdered donut.

powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerlifterer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I feel like I am the only person that love KBs but hate swings.

Pavel on Joe Rogan I thought gave great advise when he said his minimalist workout is swings and dips. His reason? His body likes swings and dips.

My body does not like swings so I don't do them. My body likes KB power cleans so much more that I haven't done a swing in years.

supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) supramax has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by powerlifterer View Post
    I feel like I am the only person that love KBs but hate swings.

Pavel on Joe Rogan I thought gave great advise when he said his minimalist workout is swings and dips. His reason? His body likes swings and dips.

My body does not like swings so I don't do them. My body likes KB power cleans so much more that I haven't done a swing in years.
    If you go by what Tsatsouline says, he also said "I would argue that the kettlebell swing is the most beneficial exercise anybody can do".

Before I perfected the technique, I was ify on the exercise, too. A little too much weight before you're ready for it, coupled with a moment of inattention, can really hurt your back.
    You can't do heavy explosive swings mindlessly. That, plus the fact that it's a stellar warmup for the deadlift, is why I do it first in my weightlifting routine.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First post a video of your swings.
    Maybe someone can see a technical issue that may contribute to your issue.
    I agree with the above statement that testicle pain can be referred to something other than that.
    Hernia or something intra abdominal related.
    This may be where you need to see a medical professional possibly sports related for an accurate answer.
    I wouldn't continue until you find out whats causing it.

VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) VicDumbbells is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I always look to protect the plums. If stuff was going on I'd see my Doc.
    “Physical fitness can neither be achieved by wishful thinking nor outright purchase.” – Joseph Pilates

A bodybuilder uses the weights to work the muscle.