avtarbenning has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Different BF readings in different parts of the body

I am curious to know if one's body fat percentage reading changes much depending on where on the body the reading is taken?

For example, if I use a standard BIA (electrodes) machine that I hold in my hands, the measurement will essentially measure my upper body(mainly arms and chest) fat % whereas if I use a BIA scale, this will essentially measure my lower body(mainly legs) fat %. Does anyone have any experience of how much these numbers vary? Equally, I am curious to know if one could target the measurement to the stomach and how different that would vary.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Yes it probably would since it basically keys on hydration.

Unfortunately, BIA is a very poor way of measuring bodyfat if that's what you are trying to do. Calipers would be better and even that is subject to big variations caused by skin hydration and the pressure used when taking the reading.