tboy192 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tboy192 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Angry Problems with what my Mothers friend is telling her

Hello everyone,

So my mom wanted to start getting ripped recently and her friend whos a guy from work (lets call him David), not super super fit, gave her some 12 week super shred program and now she wont listen to me because from the sound of it, its bull****.

To start off, she has to start eating 5 meals a day. Protein: size of her palm, Carbs: two fists, veggies: another fist. Now that is the information David got from his personal trainer some + years ago. Now as for her work outs, it contains only body weight exercises maybe 3-4 workouts with skip rope in between. About 15-20 reps with 3 sets. This for me is bull**** because, he said its all about the diet and how the body will get used to it and start burning the fat. So in 4 months total, the results would be 6 week bulk and 6 week cut with the same meal plan and workout as said above. No changes at all only with of course weight and maybe 1 more set.

What are your guys views on this? Im pretty tilted because she wont listen to my advice and currently shes on week 4 and went from 110 to 120 with no changes in exercises or weights......

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    We can't tell if it's entirely bad from that but I agree that if there is no proper resistance training and no progressive overload then it's a problem.

Note: progressive overload can mean increasing reps as well as increasing weights - but probably shouldn't involve changing exercises in that timeframe.

But yes, weight gain is mostly going to be fat in those circumstances.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Also, 10lbs in 4 weeks would be mostly fat on any program... 4 months maybe.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Even if the program is a heap of ***** (sound like it is) it's got her working out and watching her diet, lf this results in a longer term change after the 12 weeks then it's a good thing. Clearly she going to follow this and ignore your advice.

Being clever is knowing what advice to give but being wise is knowing when to speak. I think you should bite your tongue, smile and leave her to it.

After the 12 weeks, if she wants to move forwards give some measured advice at that point.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post
    Even if the program is a heap of ***** (sound like it is) it's got her working out and watching her diet, lf this results in a longer term change after the 12 weeks then it's a good thing. Clearly she going to follow this and ignore your advice.

Being clever is knowing what advice to give but being wise is knowing when to speak. I think you should bite your tongue, smile and leave her to it.

After the 12 weeks, if she wants to move forwards give some measured advice at that point.
    This, help people when they ask for it.

Unsolicited advice rarely ever goes well
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I normally let people make their own mistakes and go on with my life. If their mistakes affect me, I will do something about it.

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Unsolicited advice rarely ever goes well
    Hell, even ask for advice often falls on deaf ears if it's not what they wanted to hear...

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Hell, even ask for advice often falls on deaf ears if it's not what they wanted to hear...
    true...
    5 day full body crew

Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ghawk21 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Story of the BB.com forums every single day.
    Bench: 365
    Squat: 495
    Deadlift: 535

Refrigerator Lover

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just be glad she is being more active and likely eating better

Originally Posted by OldSMARTTom View Post

👌 On spread.... Or would have thrown greens all over this
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 09-23-2020 at 06:04 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most only ask to confirm their bias and have someone validate their bs..

They turn into little bitches when they dont hear what they want...

Then come back a month later moaning it didn't work

Life
    Last edited by MyEgoProblem; 09-23-2020 at 06:01 AM.
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Parents love it when their children tell them what to do, just as much as when it's the other way around.

tboy192 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) tboy192 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by OldFartTom View Post

This is very very true. I only really opened my mouth before she started and now yesterday (4 weeks after) bcs she complained about how hard it is to eat so much and that her friend just recently sent her a new meal plan that sounds 10x better but I opened my mouth because, why couldnt she have this better meal plan 4 weeks ago? when she was excited and motivated and now shes near the point of giving up bcs of how hard it is to eat 5 full plate meals a day. luckily she just started eating better such as oatmeal, 3 eat whites, and an apple in the morning instead of a chicken thigh, a cup of white rice, and a bit of veggies. I hope that after this 12 weeks she will stay motivated and maybe she can listen to me then.

Originally Posted by tboy192 View Post
    This is very very true. I only really opened my mouth before she started and now yesterday (4 weeks after) bcs she complained about how hard it is to eat so much and that her friend just recently sent her a new meal plan that sounds 10x better but I opened my mouth because, why couldnt she have this better meal plan 4 weeks ago? when she was excited and motivated and now shes near the point of giving up bcs of how hard it is to eat 5 full plate meals a day. luckily she just started eating better such as oatmeal, 3 eat whites, and an apple in the morning instead of a chicken thigh, a cup of white rice, and a bit of veggies. I hope that after this 12 weeks she will stay motivated and maybe she can listen to me then.
    I fail to see how egg whites and oatmeal are better than chicken, rice, veg.

Perhaps you should do some nutrition research yourself before deciding what eating better means
    5 day full body crew

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by tboy192 View Post
    ...why couldnt she have this better meal plan 4 weeks ago? when she was excited and motivated and now shes near the point of giving up bcs of....
    Just give her lots of non-jugemental (about her, or her friend's weird diet/workout) sincere encouragement. Between 4-6 weeks is when many quit. Keep her going!!