Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    wanderlust20 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by imbored21 View Post
    mine are supposed to be replaced every 2 weeks and i leave them in until it hurts which is like you said 3-5 months. never got an infection
    wow! Without taking them out at all? How do your eyes feel when you remove them? Are they veiny?

Originally Posted by EvilCulprit View Post
    I used to wear dailies for months, like 6+ months lol.. Take them out every night tho.. At the end they got weaker, so had to change to a fresh ones and repeat.. But I've dropped them all together and got some nice glasses instead. My eyes gets dry quick so it was piss take to have contacts in for long period of time.
    Don't they get cloudy after sometime?

Registered Gym Rat CherryPopinski's Avatar
    CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CherryPopinski has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wutevs View Post
    I read a story somewhere once (I'm thinking it might've been on here), but some guy got an infection and lost his eyesight for not following the proper care when it comes to contacts.

Idk about you, but I rather shell out a few hundred bucks extra to protect my eyes. Or just save up for lasik.
    Where are these female miscers ive never seen before coming from?
    No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

-Socrates

Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tanerian has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    They err on the side of caution. You could technically get an infection etc if you wear them too long. It opens them up to lawsuits etc if they don't do that.

Just like Milk or food items in a grocery store. They are generally good many days pass their expiration date.
    *Dallas Cowboys Crew*
    *Eats Pizza Crust Crew*
    *Eats the Booty Crew*
    *HTC Certified*
    *Rawdog Crew* *Vasectomy Crew*
    *From Fat to Dad Bod, still trying to improve Crew*
    *Always Picks 4 Crew*

Fukin mall cop neg police of piss

Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Scottybby has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Go NC

Is it normal for contact lens wearers to have veiny eyes?

Originally Posted by Tanerian View Post
    They err on the side of caution. You could technically get an infection etc if you wear them too long. It opens them up to lawsuits etc if they don't do that.

Just like Milk or food items in a grocery store. They are generally good many days pass their expiration date.
    So its all marketing really?

Make The Misc Great Again 8pieces's Avatar
    8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) 8pieces has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I used contacts for about 10 years and then switched 100% to glasses. Contacts have always been uncomfortable for me. My eyes always dry up quickly within a few hours of wearing contacts. I even had the most expensive contacts used for dry eyes and they still bothered me constantly. Probably will never go back to contacts either.

MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MAGAMania2020 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by wanderlust20 View Post
    I've been using contacts for over 10 years, initially, I used to wear them 8-10 hours a day and replace them as recommended. In college, I managed to stretch them out and always wore them the entire day, I even had a period where I was wearing dailies for 1-2 weeks even while sleeping. I was told the eyes need oxygen and so sleeping in them all the time is a bad idea and unnecessary.

I now wear monthlies and take them out almost every night but wear them till they start bothering me which is usually around 3-5 months. I have not had an infection or ulcers since I stopped sleeping in them.

I have a friend who wears three month lenses for an entire year or slightly more, taking them out every night until they are foggy and also does not suffer from eye infections.

So the question here is, why do they insist we change them every two weeks or a month when they are good for half a year? All contact lens wearers will eventually get veiny looking eyes in any case so what is the point of changing them so often when yearly lenses used to be the norm? Is this all a marketing strategy?
    Just don't use water to clean them. A miscer lost an eye to infection like that years back.

Registered User Drifterlonghair's Avatar
    Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000) Drifterlonghair is just really nice. (+1000)
    All of y’all who sleep with your contacts in are psychopaths, how does that not feel like total garbage?? When I occasionally fall asleep with mine in usually my eyes are all dry and feel terrible and I do everything I can to avoid that situation.

That being said, I think the sweet spot for this topic is to use dailies for 2-3 days and then discard. Obviously put them in fresh solution every night and if one rips or whatever or just doesn’t feel right just replace it who cares. Could probably even get more than 3 days out of one if you’re careful with it. I usually just use each lens for two days.

The longer use ones aren’t as comfortable imo and it’s kinda gross using them for weeks or months on end, plus if you accidentally drop it and lose it you’re out more money. I’ll stick with my dailies and stretch 6 months into 1 year+

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    hell yea for that web link.

I use weekly's for months with no problem. They do start bothering me after wearing them too long though...going to look into seeing if theres different types that would make them more comfortable for long term wearing
    n4l
    Rayaarito
    fappin
    r32gojirra

IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) IonZephyr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wutevs View Post
    I read a story somewhere once (I'm thinking it might've been on here), but some guy got an infection and lost his eyesight for not following the proper care when it comes to contacts.

Idk about you, but I rather shell out a few hundred bucks extra to protect my eyes. Or just save up for lasik.

Just got lasik myself earlier this month. Agreed. Well worth the money. F**k contacts

Originally Posted by Fozzy13 View Post
    hell yea for that web link.

I use weekly's for months with no problem. They do start bothering me after wearing them too long though...going to look into seeing if theres different types that would make them more comfortable for long term wearing
    Weeklies are a total scam, they used to be marketed as monthlies or quarterlies.

Originally Posted by Drifterlonghair View Post
    All of y’all who sleep with your contacts in are psychopaths, how does that not feel like total garbage?? When I occasionally fall asleep with mine in usually my eyes are all dry and feel terrible and I do everything I can to avoid that situation.

That being said, I think the sweet spot for this topic is to use dailies for 2-3 days and then discard. Obviously put them in fresh solution every night and if one rips or whatever or just doesn’t feel right just replace it who cares. Could probably even get more than 3 days out of one if you’re careful with it. I usually just use each lens for two days.

The longer use ones aren’t as comfortable imo and it’s kinda gross using them for weeks or months on end, plus if you accidentally drop it and lose it you’re out more money. I’ll stick with my dailies and stretch 6 months into 1 year+
    I used to use dailies back in college, would sleep in them and remove them when they started bothering me or became too dry, usually around 10 days to 2 weeks. Found them to add up to cost quite a lot more than old school lenses though as they are thin and cant really be used beyond 2 weeks.

newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000) newbuck is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BraneyGumble View Post
    Yeah they are a scam in the same sense washing your hands and wiping your ass is a scam. I mean, you could obviously walk around for weeks as an animal and you would be ok.

Fuking with your eyesight with the reasoning of "naaaah, changing contacts is such a choooore, moooom" is prime retardation.
    Lmao

Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Kawhilights has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Not sure if serious at so many ITT just cool with gambling with their vision. Get Lasik once and be done with it. Don't cheap out on your Lasik either, go to a reputable doctor. It's more expensive, but it is your vision you're dealing with.
    Lurking since '05 - the days of VS gorilla/cloud/goku threads

Originally Posted by Kawhilights View Post
    Not sure if serious at so many ITT just cool with gambling with their vision. Get Lasik once and be done with it. Don't cheap out on your Lasik either, go to a reputable doctor. It's more expensive, but it is your vision you're dealing with.
    Have been considering Lasik but I heard you'd have to not wear contacts for several months to let the veins subside?

pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've been using contacts for over 10 years, initially, I used to wear them 8-10 hours a day and replace them as recommended. In college, I managed to stretch them out and always wore them the entire day, I even had a period where I was wearing dailies for 1-2 weeks even while sleeping. I was told the eyes need oxygen and so sleeping in them all the time is a bad idea and unnecessary.

I now wear monthlies and take them out almost every night but wear them till they start bothering me which is usually around 3-5 months. I have not had an infection or ulcers since I stopped sleeping in them.

I have a friend who wears three month lenses for an entire year or slightly more, taking them out every night until they are foggy and also does not suffer from eye infections.

So the question here is, why do they insist we change them every two weeks or a month when they are good for half a year? All contact lens wearers will eventually get veiny looking eyes in any case so what is the point of changing them so often when yearly lenses used to be the norm? Is this all a marketing strategy?
    When I told my doctor how long I was wearing mine (3-6 months) and maybe taking them out to clean 2-3 times, he was shocked, but said my eyes are extremely healthy, so it's fine.

Yes, I wear my contacts over 2 months with never taking them out.
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

Knee Dragger - '06 GSX-R750

Originally Posted by pondus_levo View Post
    When I told my doctor how long I was wearing mine (3-6 months) and maybe taking them out to clean 2-3 times, he was shocked, but said my eyes are extremely healthy, so it's fine.

What contacts do you use?

I used to wear mine for 2-3 weeks before taking them out to clean but they tended to get cloudy and dry up badly. My eyes also got really veiny and felt scratchy when I took them out until I put them back in.

My eyes actually feel better with contacts in than with them out. They feel sensitised when I take them out, perhaps they've just gotten used to the contacts after all these years?

Originally Posted by pondus_levo View Post

Are yours the breathable kind?

Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Maestro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I cant stand glasses lol.
    This, they're annoying as phuck. I hate glasses so much I don't even wear sunglasses.

I only wear glasses when I want to look older/more professional during an interview or something.

Otherwise its contacts every day. I use the dailies and one pair can last me about 6ish months. I basically use them until they get thin frail and I accidentally tear them.

But definitely DEFINITELY take them out every night before bed.

pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) pondus_levo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yes. Air Optix Aqua
    Forever alone? Attraction and keeping the girl chasing you - http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=131498033

You will never know your limits, unless you push yourself past the imaginary lines you have drawn in the sand.

Knee Dragger - '06 GSX-R750

hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hackerwacker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Had a friend of always slept in his contacts, and he got a nasty eye infection. He can't wear contacts anymore. Knew another guy who got an ulcer and ****ed up one of his eyes from not properly taking care of his contacts.

Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Omnivium has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah you can usually stretch out the timeframe a little longer, but.....contacts really aren't THAT expensive. Is it really worth risking your eyesight just to save like $50 a year?

Just do what the Dr says dude. Or better yet, get lasik. I'm getting lasik done myself when I get the chance

DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DrumsNotDead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends man, I have a buddy who can wear them multiple days without taking them out no issue and another who has to change them every day or he's in pain. It seems like a big difference between people, but yes of course they would recommend to change them often as there is little downside to doing so besides spending money.

HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000) HerculesGhost is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mind blown. Never even heard of "monthlies." I use the ones you're supposed to only use for 2 weeks, but I basically go by 'feel' and usually get 3-4 weeks out of them. I don't know if it's a scam, per se, probably more of a liability thing.

Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Mang1er is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Let me give you boyos a little warning. I was rippin the 14 day ones for a month or 2 at a time for 20 years. Basically only changed them when they felt ****ty. Took them out every night though with new solution. One day contact started bothering me, got some GCP **** which is basically the inside of your eyelid gets irritated and turns bumpy. It goes away after a few days or a week with some drops from doc but now the second I put contacts in the **** comes right back. Basically can never wear contacts again because of some reaction.

Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Myrongaine is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I used to wear contacts until I realized how much I would be spending over time vs just biting the bullet and paying for corrective eye surgery. I chose PRK over LASIK because it's safer but it takes longer to heal and the price was about $4200. It's 10x more convenient than wearing contacts because I don't have to worry about taking them out or forgetting to put them in or buying new ones. Most LASIK clinics offer a lifetime gurantee on vision meaning if your vision degrades below a certain level (20/40 for mine) then they will redo the operation for free. I can easily say it's the best money I've ever spent because I am getting use out of it everyday and its boosted my quality of life immeasurably. I agree with other posters that the manufacturer's of contacts probably put the shorter expiration because it incentizes people to buy them more often and it also releases them from civil liabilities.

mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mesobuild has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You do not notice a problem until you do. Just wear them infrequently when you must.

Originally Posted by Mang1er View Post
    Let me give you boyos a little warning. I was rippin the 14 day ones for a month or 2 at a time for 20 years. Basically only changed them when they felt ****ty. Took them out every night though with new solution. One day contact started bothering me, got some GCP **** which is basically the inside of your eyelid gets irritated and turns bumpy. It goes away after a few days or a week with some drops from doc but now the second I put contacts in the **** comes right back. Basically can never wear contacts again because of some reaction.
    Can this go away?