DCdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Help identify this bar

To avoid overloading it, I'd like to identify and determine the load limit of this 6-ft, 14-lb bar.

If I remember correctly, it's about 51-inches between the inside collars.

Thanks in advance.
    Attached Images

TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10) TomGallopavo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Fourteen pounds means it's probably aluminum. It would have a limit of around 150 without dropping it. I would not put over 100 on it and move up to another bar as needed. BTW I have one similar for my kids...

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TomGallopavo View Post
    Fourteen pounds means it's probably aluminum. It would have a limit of around 150 without dropping it. I would not put over 100 on it and move up to another bar as needed. BTW I have one similar for my kids...

Agreed.

7kg would make it a technique bar, not something for heavy weights. Team it with a pair of technique plates to teach young kids or women proper form.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TomMutaffis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Most of these tend to advertise their capacity as 45-65 lbs.

It make sense since, they are intended to be used for those who are not able to lift an empty 35-45 lbs bar.
    Pro Strongman & Former National Champion

PR Gym Lifts -> Front Squat 515 Lbs / Deadlift 700 lbs / Strict Press 325 lbs

Website | www.mutaffis.com
    Instagram | www.instagram.com/tmutaffis
    ******** | www.********.com/StrongmanTomMutaffis
    YouTube | www.youtube.com/tmutafs

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The CFF 7 kg technique bar I bought for my wife has a 200lb limit (supposedly), so the ratings do vary quite a bit from brand to brand. I think 50-75lbs is probably safe, though.

Also, keep it out of the rack unless you have UHMW covered hooks. Being an aluminum bar, it wouldn't take a whole lot of pressure to flatten the knurl.
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SomeIronBoy is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by DCdan View Post
    To avoid overloading it, I'd like to identify and determine the load limit of this 6-ft, 14-lb bar.

If I remember correctly, it's about 51-inches between the inside collars.

Thanks in advance.
    That's a Hampton 6' Ultra-Lite Aluminum bar, can tell by bushings and ends. Their newest version has a 150lb Capacity, but keep in mind what everyone else comments about this.

DCdan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SomeIronBoy View Post
    That's a Hampton 6' Ultra-Lite Aluminum bar, can tell by bushings and ends. Their newest version has a 150lb Capacity, but keep in mind what everyone else comments about this.
    That's some serious specificity!

Good advice in all the answers. I think I've had at least 200-lb on it without a problem, but won't do that again!

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by DCdan View Post
    That's some serious specificity!

Good advice in all the answers. I think I've had at least 200-lb on it without a problem, but won't do that again!
    Well, I haven't used an aluminum bar, but I would assume it will severely bend before it breaks, so if you've used 200 lb without issue then it can probably manage it. I wouldn't go higher though and I definitely wouldn't drop it.