Thread: Advice please?

KevyKevs is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Advice please?

I have been weightlifting for 4 months now, but I am unsure as to whether I should change or continue the exercises I am doing. My main goal is to build as much muscle as possible at the moment. Since the beginning, I have been doing squats, deadlifts, flat bench press, chin ups, overhead shoulder press, tricep extensions, barbell curls, and barbell ab rollouts. I still make progress from these but it has started to slow down. Any advice?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Which routine have you been using - and what was the improvement in your working weights for each main exercise?

BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BeginnerGainz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KevyKevs View Post
    I have been weightlifting for 4 months now, but I am unsure as to whether I should change or continue the exercises I am doing. My main goal is to build as much muscle as possible at the moment. Since the beginning, I have been doing squats, deadlifts, flat bench press, chin ups, overhead shoulder press, tricep extensions, barbell curls, and barbell ab rollouts. I still make progress from these but it has started to slow down. Any advice?
    What program are you on?

1) drop deadlifts, replace with some other hip hinge in the 6-12 rep range

2) depending on how you’re built, squats might suck for building legs, me for example I feel them more in my back, yes my form is good and below parallel.

3)Normally at the intermediate stage, some additional assistance/isolation movements become necessary.

4) WHY ARENT YOU ROWING????

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Which routine have you been using - and what was the improvement in your working weights for each main exercise?
    Edit: wizard ^

KevyKevs is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I have been doing a full body routine 3x a week.
    Squats - 55 Lbs -> 125 Lbs
    (3 Sets, 12 Reps)
    Deadlifts - 55 Lbs -> 135 Lbs
    (3 Sets, 12 Reps)
    Bench Press - 50 Lbs -> 85 Lbs
    (3 Sets, 10 Reps)
    Chin Ups - 1 Rep -> 10 Reps (4 Sets, 10 Reps)
    Shoulder Press - 35 Lbs -> 65Lbs
    (4 Sets, 10 Reps)
    Tricep Extensions - 25 Lbs -> 60Lbs (4 Sets, 10 Reps)
    Barbell Curls - 25 Lbs -> 55 Lbs
    (3 Sets, 10 Reps)
    Barbell Ab Rollouts - 65 Lbs -> 105 Lbs (3 Sets, 12 Reps)

paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) paulinkansas is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    There is a program in the Stickies called the Fierce 5. It's pretty much the same exercises you are doing. But more importantly it has a layed out progression scheme to it. I suggest you follow the Fierce 5 and it's progression scheme in order to continue your gains.