Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Does the thickness of the barbell or handle make any difference for rows?

I prefer using cable machines to train my back and I always rotate between wide grip and narrow grip rows. The wide grip handle at my gym is pretty thick. Is there any major difference if I were to hold it with a narrow underhand grip as opposed to the shorter and thinner handle?

I know this is probably a stupid question but I'm curious.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    I prefer using cable machines to train my back and I always rotate between wide grip and narrow grip rows. The wide grip handle at my gym is pretty thick. Is there any major difference if I were to hold it with a narrow underhand grip as opposed to the shorter and thinner handle?

I know this is probably a stupid question but I'm curious.
    If you are a professional bodybuilder then it might matter, but if you are just a gym bro, it might just require slightly more grip strength. If you are obsessing about things like this. I think you have bigger problems lol
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Odifududix has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Junsuiakai View Post
    If you are a professional bodybuilder then it might matter, but if you are just a gym bro, it might just require slightly more grip strength. If you are obsessing about things like this. I think you have bigger problems lol
    Thanks man. I am not concerned about this at all, just a bit curious.

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your adjectives are a bit non sequitur I think.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just my opinion, but generally with pulling exercises, wide grips are gonna involve a bit more lats and narrow tends to involve more of the biceps. It's said that thicker shaft bars such as axles or fatgripz if you use those, make the bar harder to hold and give the forearm a higher benefit.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    Just my opinion, but generally with pulling exercises, wide grips are gonna involve a bit more lats and narrow tends to involve more of the biceps. It's said that thicker shaft bars such as axles or fatgripz if you use those, make the bar harder to hold and give the forearm a higher benefit.

How strange, I feel my lats a tad bit more with the narrower grip. No matter which grip I use, I always concentrate on pull with my elbows.

YMMV I guess..

Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Casca has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheShadowMan View Post
    Originally Posted by Odifududix View Post
    How strange, I feel my lats a tad bit more with the narrower grip. No matter which grip I use, I always concentrate on pull with my elbows.

YMMV I guess..
    For pull ups or lat pulldowns, I always think of it as bringing my elbows down and back. Not pulling my body or bar up/down. Narrow does use more arm, because it's more range of motion involved where your arms bring you or the bar up/down before the only way to pull up higher or lower the bar farther is all back/lats. When you go wide grip you are almost immediately using just back/lats since your elbows are already just about at 90 degree angle. At that point the elbows need to go down and back and that's all back/lats. I think for narrow grip, lots just don't pull up high enough or bring the bar down low enough.

Raise your arms in the air in a narrow grip position and then bring em down like you are doing a pull up, then do the same for wide grip. Take note of the difference. Narrow or wide, so long as you go full range of motion, will work the lats pretty much as hard. One of the differences besides how much range of motion before your elbows are 90 is with wide, your elbows are more pointed out. With narrow they are more pointed forward. Not sure what difference that makes.
    Last edited by Casca; 09-23-2020 at 10:14 PM.
    ☆☆☆USA �яєω☆☆☆

Not Casca Berserk. Casca The Eternal Warrior

No period....eternal

☆☆☆Perfectly Imperfect �яєω☆☆☆

☆☆☆What is the point of doing a bunch of reps if every rep you do is CRAP? �яєω☆☆☆

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Casca View Post
    For pull ups or lat pulldowns, I always think of it as bringing my elbows down and back. Not pulling my body or bar up/down. Narrow does use more arm, because it's more range of motion involved where your arms bring you or the bar up/down before the only way to pull up higher or lower the bar farther is all back/lats. When you go wide grip you are almost immediately using just back/lats since your elbows are already just about at 90 degree angle. At that point the elbows need to go down and back and that's all back/lats. I think for narrow grip, lots just don't pull up high enough or bring the bar down low enough.

Raise your arms in the air in a narrow grip position and then bring em down like you are doing a pull up, then do the same for wide grip. Take note of the difference. Narrow or wide, so long as you go full range of motion, will work the lats pretty much as hard. One of the differences besides how much range of motion before your elbows are 90 is with wide, your elbows are more pointed out. With narrow they are more pointed forward. Not sure what difference that makes.
    I think they're talking horizontal ros.