Thread: Competition

Robinidas1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Competition

Hi, all I've been a member on this forum for years now and never really read or posted anything, just read the articles and bought supplements.
    I've been thinking for a little while I'd like to do a bodybuilding/physique competition at some point and thought why not soon.
    I'm interested to know what federation and categories to enter and what categories there is?
    I'm 33, 5ft 7, weighing 210lbs, carrying around 20% bf atm. I'm lifting 6 times a week with a PPL split. I would just like some advice etc about to go about this sort of thing?

Thanks guys and girls

Rob

Also for if it helps more I'm from nr Leeds, UK
    Last edited by Robinidas1; 09-21-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    sometimes you gotta run before you can walk - Tony Stark

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just gotta jump in and do it man!

I'm in the US so I'd talk to some gyms in your area, talk to some competitors there and see what organization you want to affiliate yourself with.
    Read up on their policies and procedures and see which one fits you. Once you join, you'll be talking to promoters etc...who can guide you through their procedures.

As far as what category, that depends on your interests and what condition you think you can honestly get in.
    To be competitive in BB'ing, I'd say you need to get down to 6-7% anyway. At 210 and 20%, I'd say you'll end up around 170 lbs. You'd look great!

Men's physique is a little more forgiving and you can get away with 7-9% and look good; maybe 10%
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

Robinidas1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Just gotta jump in and do it man!

I'm in the US so I'd talk to some gyms in your area, talk to some competitors there and see what organization you want to affiliate yourself with.
    Read up on their policies and procedures and see which one fits you. Once you join, you'll be talking to promoters etc...who can guide you through their procedures.

As far as what category, that depends on your interests and what condition you think you can honestly get in.
    To be competitive in BB'ing, I'd say you need to get down to 6-7% anyway. At 210 and 20%, I'd say you'll end up around 170 lbs. You'd look great!

Men's physique is a little more forgiving and you can get away with 7-9% and look good; maybe 10%
    Thanks man, really appreciate the response!
    I'm currently in talks with a person who competes with Nabba (national amateur body building association) they have a first timers category so I might start there.
    I've always wanted to drop to single figure bf % but never really had a reason too. As I like food and beer a lot 🤣 but if I do a comp I want my conditioning to be on point and I'd put maximum effort in as I want to place well!

Hope you're lifting and competitions in the future go as well as they can

Thanks again for advice.
    My next tasks are going to to be addressing areas which are lacking
    sometimes you gotta run before you can walk - Tony Stark