Thread: Pork Tenderloin

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Pork Tenderloin

Don't mean to spam the forums with a simple question, but I'm curious whether pork tenderloin is actually as lean as advertised. It's quite cheap for a whole cut of meat and is delicious, so it usually ends up in my fridge.

As advertized, its protein to fat ratio is actually like 9 to 1. I eat it baked, and even without any trimmings, fully cooked it's tender and juicy like a medium-rare steak. It has the properties of a meat with a lot of fat in it to be honest.

A 4 oz serving is supposed to have only 4g of fat (for a meal's worth of protein!). Can it really be that lean?

EDIT: I was going off of the nutrition facts label from my grocer, but Google has the same information for this generically as well.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    No idea but I don't buy it anymore since I end up eating the whole thing in one sitting and feel like crap after. Same goes for those pre-cooked whole rotisserie chickens.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    No idea but I don't buy it anymore since I end up eating the whole thing in one sitting and feel like crap after. Same goes for those pre-cooked whole rotisserie chickens.
    I would be lying if I told you I haven't done the same lol.. However, I was surprised to find that I did not wake up heavier or bloated, after eating a huge portion. I had decided to make that one of my maintenance days but found that I continued to lose anyway.

Unlike rotisserie chicken though, it doesn't have fat-laden skin.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"