MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Stuck at the spinning wheels around the same weight

I have lost around 27lbs so far this year the first 20lbs was easy, i had no problem sticking to my diet, had a couple of cheat day's here and there but it never put any real dent in my progress. The last 7lbs however have just seemed way harder like my body is fighting back or i don't have the same drive or will power as i did at the start, its really frustrating as i do well for a for a week or so but then i get overwhelming cravings and end overeating for one day and up spinning my wheels loosing a couple of lbs then gaining it back. I'm mad at my self because, I've never had issues with cheat day's ever before. I decided to try a diet break which i have been on for around 4 day's now and now i am struggling just to eat at maintenance WTF, 4 day's in and i am already 2500kcal over maintenance in total. I just don't get why i am now all of a sudden struggling to eat at maintenance.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Maybe before you were subconsciously in a "I have to try" mentality which muted the difficulty, and after seeing some initial success, you've flipped that switch off and have come to believe that this is easy and you don't need to be so careful.
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MrBumbaclart View Post
    I have lost around 27lbs so far this year the first 20lbs was easy, i had no problem sticking to my diet, had a couple of cheat day's here and there but it never put any real dent in my progress. The last 7lbs however have just seemed way harder like my body is fighting back or i don't have the same drive or will power as i did at the start, its really frustrating as i do well for a for a week or so but then i get overwhelming cravings and end overeating for one day and up spinning my wheels loosing a couple of lbs then gaining it back. I'm mad at my self because, I've never had issues with cheat day's ever before. I decided to try a diet break which i have been on for around 4 day's now and now i am struggling just to eat at maintenance WTF, 4 day's in and i am already 2500kcal over maintenance in total. I just don't get why i am now all of a sudden struggling to eat at maintenance.
    What is your height/weight and how lean are you now?
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Eating at maintenance after a lengthy diet is actually not easy because your appetite ramps up and you want to eat more and more.

Maybe have one more day at maintenance, focus on mostly eating carbs from wholefood sources like vegetables. Then go back to a deficit

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    What is your height/weight and how lean are you now?
    ^^^ This, and preferably post a photo. You have a post history that suggests using large calorie deficits (PSMF, OMAD, etc), thats typically not a recipe for long term success.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MrBumbaclart has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have attached a pic of my current physique from a few day's ago, very much carb depleted at the time, any rough estimate of my bodyfat%?

I am now 5 day's into a diet break, on a few day's i couldn't help overeating despite trying my hardest, probably gained close to a 1lb of fat but its not a big deal as i am still very happy that i am a good 27lbs down in total and virtually no strength loss. I was just more concerned why i was now finding it suddenly so hard to eat at maintenance without having intense cravings to eat more, it was like it was now harder to eat at maintenance than it was in a deficit!

Yesterday i ate 1400kcal over maintenance which lead to me starting this thread because i know i usually have good discipline and don't kid my self into having cheat day's and making excuses, but this was just genuinely hard not to overeat i had never experienced this before ever.

Today i feel much better, still 500kcal under maintenance and no crazy cravings but then i did eat significantly over yesterday. I am thinking i should maybe take an extended break before i try pushing again, i don't think i have much more to lose to reach my goal anyway, its frustrating though because i found my self at the point where i was noticing how i was getting leaner almost daily so kind of sucks taking a break at this point but i don't want to jump back into a deficit too soon only to start yo yo'ing again like i have for the past month, Today is the first day i have began to feel somewhat normal again in terms of cravings. I think im going to try and do another week at maintenance hopefully without overeating before i go again. even tempted to just start a lean bulk.
    Last edited by MrBumbaclart; 09-22-2020 at 11:10 AM.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have attached a pic of my current physique from a few day's ago, very much carb depleted at the time, any rough estimate of my bodyfat%?

I am now 5 day's into a diet break, on a few day's i couldn't help overeating despite trying my hardest, probably gained close to a 1lb of fat but its not a big deal as i am still very happy that i am a good 27lbs down in total and virtually no strength loss. I was just more concerned why i was now finding it suddenly so hard to eat at maintenance without having intense cravings to eat more, it was like it was now harder to eat at maintenance than it was in a deficit!

Yesterday i ate 1400kcal over maintenance which lead to me starting this thread because i know i usually have good discipline and don't kid my self into having cheat day's and making excuses, but this was just genuinely hard not to overeat i had never experienced this before ever.

Today i feel much better, still 500kcal under maintenance and no crazy cravings but then i did eat significantly over yesterday. I am thinking i should maybe take an extended break before i try pushing again, i don't think i have much more to lose to reach my goal anyway, its frustrating though because i found my self at the point where i was noticing how i was getting leaner almost daily so kind of sucks taking a break at this point but i don't want to jump back into a deficit too soon only to start yo yo'ing again like i have for the past month, Today is the first day i have began to feel somewhat normal again in terms of cravings. I think im going to try and do another week at maintenance hopefully without overeating before i go again. even tempted to just start a lean bulk.
    You're fairly lean right now, so considering you dropped 27 total pounds, it makes sense that you're now starting to feel more hungry.

This is just how it goes... everyone has a different point at which they'll start having their hormones and satiety react and crank up the urges to eat.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your maintenance is probably higher than you think.

Other than that satiety is a direct result of the food choices you make. It's not about discipline. Higher fiber, higher volume foods generally lead to more satiety. Load up on lower calorie vegetables and fruit.

You're lean enough to start a long slow bulk.