Thread: Diet change

training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Diet change

For the last month have gone on a diet. Only one meal a day and two protein whey shakes isolate. Have been counting calories, measuring.
    Am considerably below the TDEE. Having the extra protein to maintain muscle mass.
    Working out 3/4 times a week. Cardio and resistance. The resistance is mostly body weight and lighter weights then I was doing in the gym.

Initially I dropped weight in the first week or so, must have been water weight. Since then the drop has been minimal or no real change.
    Will lifting heavier, changing my workout plan help or type of food am eating.

Macros

protein 92g
    carb 86g
    fat 51g

Last week i increased the protein to 100g and reduced carbs. Has been similar. Any changes i should make or plan to follow?

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So, you're back again. Have you been to the doctor for tests to explain why you can eat tiny amounts of food consistently and just not lose weight?

I'm referencing this post of yours, which references another from 2019. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178464241

It seems you've eaten at a massive deficit for years without weight loss. The answers we give you are not going to change. I'm guessing your responses "I'm counting correctly", "I just don't lose weight eating at a consistent deficit" are not going to change either...

So, you are either (or some combination) of:
    - miscounting
    - eating in a deficit for a few days, then giving up and binging
    - a scientific marvel

training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) training12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    So, you're back again. Have you been to the doctor for tests to explain why you can eat tiny amounts of food consistently and just not lose weight?

I'm referencing this post of yours, which references another from 2019. https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178464241

It seems you've eaten at a massive deficit for years without weight loss. The answers we give you are not going to change. I'm guessing your responses "I'm counting correctly", "I just don't lose weight eating at a consistent deficit" are not going to change either...

So, you are either (or some combination) of:
    - miscounting
    - eating in a deficit for a few days, then giving up and binging
    - a scientific marvel
    I did lose weight in the past. For a year or so has been in plateau. I've tries different things to see what can work and not found the right formula. I've kept consistent on the counting and diet. I've followed the advice, tried new things like increasing protein.

Have asked to see a doctor, won't be a while before they can look into it. Will carry out some tests.

I'm counting correctly", "I just don't lose weight eating at a consistent deficit" are not going to change either...Unless the deficit should be even greater, that would be a extremely low intake. Could try very low carb and go on a keto diet. That restricts to very few foods as most have carbs in it.
    Maybe it's the type of food which could make a difference if anyone has experience with that.

My current diet, is mostly dairy, vegetables, bread, meat and whey

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by training12 View Post
    I did lose weight in the past. For a year or so has been in plateau. I've tries different things to see what can work and not found the right formula. I've kept consistent on the counting and diet. I've followed the advice, tried new things like increasing protein.

Have asked to see a doctor, won't be a while before they can look into it. Will carry out some tests.

I'm counting correctly", "I just don't lose weight eating at a consistent deficit" are not going to change either...Unless the deficit should be even greater, that would be a extremely low intake. Could try very low carb and go on a keto diet. That restricts to very few foods as most have carbs in it.
    Maybe it's the type of food which could make a difference if anyone has experience with that.

whats your gender, height and weight? 1,171 calories a day I’d be losing weight like crazy and I’m tiny
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by snailsrus View Post
    whats your gender, height and weight? 1,171 calories a day I’d be losing weight like crazy and I’m tiny
    From his prior posts, he's basically that, ultra-rare, mythical creature that can maintain his weight on almost no calories per day while (of course) being completely, 100%, totally accurate in his calorie counting and TDEE numbers with absolutely ZERO possibility that he could have made any mistakes whatsoever.

Basically a cross between Buddha sitting under the Bodhi tree and Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    From his prior posts, he's basically that, ultra-rare, mythical creature that can maintain his weight on almost no calories per day while (of course) being completely, 100%, totally accurate in his calorie counting and TDEE numbers with absolutely ZERO possibility that he could have made any mistakes whatsoever.

Basically a cross between Buddha sitting under the Bodhi tree and Sheldon from the Big Bang Theory.
    I expect this is a professional forum.
    I may be doing something wrong. i have followed the advice and stuck to a diet. Have repeated that diet in patterns. Tried to test different variations when things dont work. I wanted to increase my protein without too many calories so have started taking whey isolate. Am not seeing much change. I'm going to get tests done to see if there is anything effecting this. As mentioned I previously lost weight. For sometime there has been no change.
    Maybe the forum can't offer any further advice, thanks for the help so far. If someone else has had similar issues maybe could offer advice.
    For the last few weeks I have had the same diet, maybe one day has changed. Calories if argued packets are incorrect or other, will change how much can bee added on 100-200 calories. Still should be deficit to notice some change.

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If you are not losing weight you are by definition not in a deficit. You are not averaging 1200 cals a day no way. Keep in mind you can eat 1200 calories every day 29 out of 30 days a week and if that 30th day is a 5000+ calorie day your average for the month was 1350 not 1200 and I could make that kind of mistake in 15 minutes flat. Based on the outliers at the bottom of the BMR curve with no cardio under 5ft and then maybe you can maintain at 1200 if your around 100 pounds. The numbers just don't add up and even if they did the solution is the same eat less there is no other answer what you eat doesn't matter only how many calories eat less of them.

5'11, 176 pounds.
    calories 1275
    protein 92g
    carb 86g
    fat 51g

snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    5'11, 176 pounds.
    calories 1275
    protein 92g
    carb 86g
    fat 51g
    you aren’t even adding the calories to your macros correctly carbs and protein are 4 cals per gram and fat is 9.
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000) XinXom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    https://fitfolk.com/wp-content/uploa...02/maleBMR.png

even if you stayed in bed all day and did nothing based on the worst metabolism outlier at your weight who is probably not 5 11'' you would still be losing weight if those were your real average daily calories. You are not tracking everything.

Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    If you are not losing weight you are by definition not in a deficit. You are not averaging 1200 cals a day no way. Keep in mind you can eat 1200 calories every day 29 out of 30 days a week and if that 30th day is a 5000+ calorie day your average for the month was 1350 not 1200 and I could make that kind of mistake in 15 minutes flat. Based on the outliers at the bottom of the BMR curve with no cardio under 5ft and then maybe you can maintain at 1200 if your around 100 pounds. The numbers just don't add up and even if they did the solution is the same eat less there is no other answer what you eat doesn't matter only how many calories eat less of them.
    I use an app and have given the average for the month. The only other thing I can do is go on a weeks liquid diet or something of that kind to see if any changes take effect

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Op would be a great protester. Maintains his weight on a hunger strike

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    Op would be a great protester. Maintains his weight on a hunger strike
    I'll join a protest any suggestions

you aren’t even adding the calories to your macros correctly carbs and protein are 4 cals per gram and fat is 9.
    I'll check the app.

I don't get enough fiber if that makes a difference

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

This post is so insulting...

How the fk did I lose 11lbs in 11 weeks and you are eating less than me and gaining weight?? So delusional.

LIFESTYLE LIFESTYLE LIFESTYLE

My guess is you are starving yourself during the week and binging on the weekends leading to you never being in a caloric deficit
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by XinXom View Post
    If you are not losing weight you are by definition not in a deficit.
    This.

OP, the only way people know they’re actually in a deficit is if they’re losing weight. Not losing weight then you are by definition not in a deficit.

Bottom line, if you’re not losing weight then eat less.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    This.

OP, the only way people know they’re actually in a deficit is if they’re losing weight. Not losing weight then you are by definition not in a deficit.

Bottom line, if you’re not losing weight then eat less.
    Can't argue with that. Do particular foods make a difference, insulin levels causing spikes.
    Am I wasting my money on whey. Will the extra protein help. To maintain any muscle mass especially for burning calories. Should I not worry about macros and just focus on low calories

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can't argue with that. Do particular foods make a difference, insulin levels causing spikes.
    Am I wasting my money on whey. Will the extra protein help. To maintain any muscle mass especially for burning calories. Should I not worry about macros and just focus on low calories
    You're majoring in the minors here OP:

There are only two possible scenarios here:

1. You are counting incorrectly and eating far more than you think

2. You have a severe medical condition

Either way, playing with Macro percentages is pointless

Originally Posted by cmacken View Post
    You're majoring in the minors here OP:

There are only two possible scenarios here:

1. You are counting incorrectly and eating far more than you think

2. You have a severe medical condition

Either way, playing with Macro percentages is pointless
    When I posted in the past, i was told my protein was too low. Is why I started using whey as it is low calorie and cheaper. Is there much point in still buying it or just stick with low calories. Lose muscle too, just thought it would help with burning fat.

Trying to find what diet r foods work best for me as my current plan clearly is not working.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When I posted in the past, i was told my protein was too low. Is why I started using whey as it is low calorie and cheaper. Is there much point in still buying it or just stick with low calories. Lose muscle too, just thought it would help with burning fat.

Trying to find what diet r foods work best for me as my current plan clearly is not working.
    Protein doesn't help burn fat. Your body will burn fat when placed in a CONSISTENT net calorie deficit. Protein just helps with muscle retention while in a calorie deficit. Whey is not satiating and I can get enough protein in with actual whole food sources so I rarely use it these days, but when people can't eat enough protein in through actual meals it helps.

How would you lose muscle if you're not even losing weight? You're not even in a calorie deficit, so I don't think muscle loss is anything you need to worry about.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Protein doesn't help burn fat. Your body will burn fat when placed in a CONSISTENT net calorie deficit. Protein just helps with muscle retention while in a calorie deficit. Whey is not satiating and I can get enough protein in with actual whole food sources so I rarely use it these days, but when people can't eat enough protein in through actual meals it helps.

How would you lose muscle if you're not even losing weight? You're not even in a calorie deficit, so I don't think muscle loss is anything you need to worry about.

The protein is to maintain muscle if I was in deficit.
    I can’t get it from whole foods as am on a budget and also watching calories.

Now if I reduce further, any point in whey or am I wasting money to retain what I have and better off just concentrating on lowering my intake and trying to drop weight fat and muscle.

cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000) cmacken is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The protein is to maintain muscle if I was in deficit.
    I can’t get it from whole foods as am on a budget and also watching calories.

Now if I reduce further, any point in whey or am I wasting money to retain what I have and better off just concentrating on lowering my intake and trying to drop weight fat and muscle.
    We cannot answer that question for you, because your macros are much higher than what you are claiming ITT.

You want a hypothetical answer? Eat 1gm of protein per pound of lean body mass. Eat .4 gm of fat per pound of mass. Consume the balance of your calories that allow you to maintain a reasonable caloric deficit how you want.

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    5'11, 176 pounds.
    calories 1275
    protein 92g
    carb 86g
    fat 51g
    At that size to maintain you would need at least 1900-200+ calories/day.

Since you are not losing weight, you are eating at least that much.

Period.

Learn how to weigh and log everything correctly and you will see where your mistakes are.

Or...continue to insist that you are somehow "special" and the laws of thermodynamics don't apply to you like they do for everyone else.

Which do you really think is more likely?
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.