Registered User serviljohnpadiz's Avatar
    serviljohnpadiz is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How many calories to eat to not be hungry

I’ve crash dieted by eating 100 calories a day, and I know one might gain back all the weight if one is not careful. I’m redoing my diet as if today and investing 6 months up to one year dieting, how many calories in a deficit should I be in for the whole year and not be hungry when I reach my end goal??

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What is your end goal? If it's to be alive you should eat a lot more than 100 cals/day. The feeling of hunger is subjective so no one can answer that part for you. But you should read the stickies and develop healthy eating habits that allow you to get proper nutrition while losing weight, which doesn't need to have a time limit of 6 months to up to one year.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    500-700 deficit, don't do a dumb crash diet with ridiculously low calories

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    What is your end goal? If it's to be alive you should eat a lot more than 100 cals/day. The feeling of hunger is subjective so no one can answer that part for you. But you should read the stickies and develop healthy eating habits that allow you to get proper nutrition while losing weight, which doesn't need to have a time limit of 6 months to up to one year.
    So just -500 cals on my TDEE?

safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) safcpaul has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    First step op is to get yourself out of auschwitz. They might have advertised it to you as a weight loss camp but it's dangerous.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Don't lose muscle - that' will help. By not using an excessive deficit.

Doing it slowly by alternating muscle gain and fat loss phases will help too.

It would help to know your stats (age, height, weight, max effort lifts) - a picture would help too

It may not even be possible if you want to be like 10% BF - at least not without changing eating habits.

Originally Posted by safcpaul View Post
    First step op is to get yourself out of auschwitz. They might have advertised it to you as a weight loss camp but it's dangerous.
    I got kicked out 80 years ago

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Don't lose muscle - that' will help. By not using an excessive deficit.

Doing it slowly by alternating muscle gain and fat loss phases will help too.

It would help to know your stats (age, height, weight, max effort lifts) - a picture would help too

It may not even be possible if you want to be like 10% BF - at least not without changing eating habits.
    I know my TDEE calorie intake (maintenance), how many calories do I have to take out my TDEE? -500? -600? -1000 even? What do you recommend

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by serviljohnpadiz View Post
    I know my TDEE calorie intake (maintenance), how many calories do I have to take out my TDEE? -500? -600? -1000 even? What do you recommend
    That depends on your stats

Which is why I asked for your stats

Also, do you know your TDEE from collecting data - or just from using a calculator (in which case it's little better than a guess).

That depends on your stats

Which is why I asked for your stats

Also, do you know your TDEE from collecting data - or just from using a calculator (in which case it's little better than a guess).
    Height 169cm
    Weight 83kg
    No lifting at all
    2120 Cals is my maintenance

do you know your TDEE from collecting daily weigh-in and calorie data - or just from using a calculator? This is an important question - because otherwise a deficit number is not much use, especially if you are trying to maximise it.

You could probably safely run a deficit of 750 cals per day. You should begin lifting at the same time as commencing a diet of course - and get at least 130g of protein per day.

do you know your TDEE from collecting daily weigh-in and calorie data - or just from using a calculator? This is an important question - because otherwise a deficit number is not much use, especially if you are trying to maximise it.

You could probably safely run a deficit of 750 cals per day. You should begin lifting at the same time as commencing a diet of course - and get at least 130g of protein per day.
    Doesn’t matter I just wanted a definitive answer. Thanks a lot!!! Yes I’ll start lifting again

It does matter.

If your TDEE is really 2500 and you start running 1400 calories, you would risk losing muscle - same problem as last time no doubt.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It does matter.

If your TDEE is really 2500 and you start running 1400 calories, you would risk losing muscle - same problem as last time no doubt.
    Even with hitting the protein and fat minima?
    Bench: 340
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    Even with hitting the protein and fat minima?
    Yes,

sustained deficit that's too large will still result in muscle loss. Protein helps a lot but there is a limit.

Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Nicksosure1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by serviljohnpadiz View Post
    Doesn’t matter I just wanted a definitive answer. Thanks a lot!!! Yes I’ll start lifting again
    Even with knowing your stats, you will not have a definite answer. You HAVE to track for a period of time using a fixed calorie range to really determine your TDEE. Calculators are estimates and can be off by a great amount.
    Life is constant learning. Give advice about things you know. Ask questions about things you don't.

*Health and Wellness Coach and Coordinator for all United Bank Branches of Alabama

BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50) BBryan098 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    As others suggested, 100 cal a day is stupid. I suggest doing a 500 cal deficit. As for how much cals to eat so you don't feel hungry, that has more to do with food density than actual calories. 165 cals from a bag of M&M's (chocolate candy) vs 165 cals from 100 grams of chicken breast. Which do you think is more filling?

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BBryan098 View Post
    As others suggested, 100 cal a day is stupid. I suggest doing a 500 cal deficit. As for how much cals to eat so you don't feel hungry, that has more to do with food density than actual calories. 165 cals from a bag of M&M's (chocolate candy) vs 165 cals from 100 grams of chicken breast. Which do you think is more filling?
    Neither would feel filling at all
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Strawng has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    Neither would feel filling at all
    Lol yea what a terrible choice. Ig if I were literally starving to death, I’d go with the chicken breast because it is 31 grams of protein. Still, this scenario only seems relevant if I were presumably in a concentration camp & eating 1000 calories per day with limited food choices based only on calorie amounts. Otherwise, why would I worry about “breaking the bank” with a whopping 165 calories of two completely different categories of food? I’m not sure if 165 calories of anything but maybe green or cruciferous vegetables could be in any way considered “filling”.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strawng View Post
    Lol yea what a terrible choice. Ig if I were literally starving to death, I’d go with the chicken breast because it is 31 grams of protein. Still, this scenario only seems relevant if I were presumably in a concentration camp & eating 1000 calories per day with limited food choices based only on calorie amounts. Otherwise, why would I worry about “breaking the bank” with a whopping 165 calories of two completely different categories of food? I’m not sure if 165 calories of anything but maybe green or cruciferous vegetables could be in any way considered “filling”.
    You mean you’ve never had an m&m ceasar salad?

You uncultured fool!
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How much fiber are you getting a day?
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261