proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) proxyfunction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tweaked back after Barbell Rows

It has been 8 days since doing Barbell Rows or anything related to back other than pull ups due to tweaking my lower back when I set the weight down during a couple of sets. It didn't feel like anything major but certainly it was a concern. It was slightly sore the next exercise day when I decided to replace deadlifts/squats with sprints/jog. Since then, it has been feeling fine. Is it a good rule of thumb to wait at least 1-2 weeks before going back to lifting after a tweak?

I did Overhead press + Pull ups 4 days ago and also felt fine. No lower back issues at all.

What sort of exercises can I do to see if it is safe doing Barbell Rows/Deadlifts/Squats?

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by proxyfunction View Post
    It has been 8 days since doing Barbell Rows or anything related to back other than pull ups due to tweaking my lower back when I set the weight down during a couple of sets. It didn't feel like anything major but certainly it was a concern. It was slightly sore the next exercise day when I decided to replace deadlifts/squats with sprints/jog. Since then, it has been feeling fine. Is it a good rule of thumb to wait at least 1-2 weeks before going back to lifting after a tweak?

I did Overhead press + Pull ups 4 days ago and also felt fine. No lower back issues at all.

What sort of exercises can I do to see if it is safe doing Barbell Rows/Deadlifts/Squats?
    I have completely replaced barbell rows of every kind with seated cable rows and chest supported machine rows and have gotten better development that way.

Maybe your body doesn’t agree with bb rows. Holding that hinge position is hard for a lot of people, especially if using more weight than they can honestly handle.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Actual rule of thumb (well, my rule... I'm sure some could debate it but I am a doctor for whatever that is worth) after an injury that is assumed to not be serious is:

1. First 24 hours you can ice it intermittently and do range of motion stuff
    2. 24-72 hours I would still do range of motion stuff without really pushing it
    3. 72 hours +, start pushing it if there is no pain. Example; if at 72 hours you can do a barbell row motion with your arms without holding anything and there is no pain, then try to do it with light dumbbells working up to an empty barbell. If this goes well, go up in weight slowly (ie, 10 pound increments) until you feel some sort of pain. If you feel none you should be good to go, if you feel some at some point (ie, 75 pounds) then stop there, wait 48 hours, and try again. If, however, you do have pain at 72+ hours, then continue range of motion stuff but don't do any weighted work at that time, rather wait 48 hours and reassess. If at some point you stop making progress, see a doctor.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good advise ^^^above.
    If you've done that and still want to row ease back into it.
    Examine your row set up and technique.
    Did you use a belt?
    A belt can help you create more tension in the mid section to protect the low back.
    I also agree with the above is you need to hinge at the hips to take load off the low back and put it more on glutes,hips and hamstrings for support.
    A regular 90 degree bend at the waist is a really bad idea especially adding load(a barbell).
    Other rows could be better.
    Maybe one arm DB rows or chest supported rows if you have one at you gym.

MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrCarrot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    I have completely replaced barbell rows of every kind with seated cable rows and chest supported machine rows and have gotten better development that way.

Maybe your body doesn’t agree with bb rows. Holding that hinge position is hard for a lot of people, especially if using more weight than they can honestly handle.
    Same here. I reinjured my lower back doing barbell rows. I replaced them with dumbbell rows, seated cable rows and chest supported rows and haven't had issues since.

PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50) PhillyEagles9 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    T bar rows are much better and safer then barbell rows