m4tth3wf1t is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How to explain my passion for bodybuilding to girlfriend

Hello my name is matthew. I used to compete as a bodybuilding just local shows in Canada i never took it as serious as i could have. I stopped for a few years and in the process met my girlfriend. I now want to get back into the sport and take it seriously and maximize my potential however far thatll take me. I truly want to find out. Ive been passionate about fitness my entire life and im having a hard time breaking through to her on how to explain why i have such a passion for it. She is convinced im being obsessed about it because i have been spending a lot of time researching and rekindling the fire for it being a part of my lifestyle.

For context my mother is bi-polar and has been medicated for years. Throughout my relationship i have had unstable moods and been a bit of a mess. She has stuck by me but has receieved a lot of damage from having to endure that. I am just starting the process now of getting my mental health dealt with and making sure thats a priority. She cannot accept that i have genuine passion for the sport and want to be part of it. She continues to not understand my point of view and think im being unstable with my thoughts and emotions. How can i try to explain myself differently?

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How long have you been back into lifting? That's good that you're getting your mental health dealt with. I'm sure working out will help you with your moods, it's a great stress reliever. I think it would be tough to be in a relationship with someone who is unhappy with something that you really enjoy doing.
    Unapproved sig line

Never accept defeat! backinthegymbro's Avatar
    backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) backinthegymbro has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    if you want to compete and start juicing, it will probably not help your mood swings.
    Cobra Kai never dies!

Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Legz422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by backinthegymbro View Post
    if you want to compete and start juicing, it will probably not help your mood swings.
    Yeah, I was also going to say something about that. Not a good idea at all to go to the dark side, especially if you already have mental health issues.
    Unapproved sig line

m4tth3wf1t is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I want to go natural for the time being because i think it would be too risky otherwise and also i want to push any natural potential i already have until i would need to do something to go further.

My biggest issue is that she thinks me wanting to do it and get back into it again is some fluke not reality based emotional mood swing im in right now. I have. a long term passion in it and i have had no success finding a way to explain that to her and its not some manic wild idea to me.

Ive been having a lot of thoughts of ending the relationship and even mentioned that to her because i dont know how to commit myself to a relationship im not currently happy with and find the right mentality and motivation to put as much effort into myself as i want and need. Mentally, for my health and for my drive to push myself to compete. I feel like the relationship could be holding me back from my full potential in my interests because of past relationship issues that were my fault which i get but also require a lot of time, money, and effort