FloridaMatt is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Professionally written diet

Hello everyone I was hoping to get some feedback on this subject. I would like to get big and ripped preferably as fast as possible.
    Originally I was looking at a mega stack (capsule supplements in the morning afternoon and evening) then a friend of mine said save your money and get a professionally written diet.
    the pain doing research apparently that's what a lot of the actors do to prepare for their roles if they have to make quick muscle gains. So the advice seems pretty solid.

When I try to look up diet plans online I just get really vague shopping lists like.."white fish, whole grains" ECT..

Can anyone weigh in on this subject?
    Does anyone have a specific shopping list with times of the day to eat or?
    Do you disagree? Do you have another method?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Neither.

Supplements are certainly not the answer.

The best bet is to learn a little - then you aren't dependent on someone trying to sell you something - whether it's a magic powder or their services as a nutritionist,

Actually, it's not very complicated. We have to get certain amount of nutrients each day - macro (carb, protein, fats) and micro nutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients).

In fact it can be even simpler than that. If you choose foods that are mostly whole or minimally processed (e.g. rice, wholegrain bread, fresh meat, eggs, fruit, vegetables) and not quite so much of (white bread, cakes, biscuits, processed meats etc) then all you really need to focus on for bodybuilding is total calorie intake and total number of protein grams per day.

Have a read of the sticky threads at the top of the forum page. Let us know if anything is not clear

Use something like myfitnesspal or cronometer to work out what nutrients are in which foods - just experiment with combinations that you normally eat to see if they fit your needs or if you need to make adjustments.

If you want to know what I do (which suits my lifestyle - not saying this is the only way):
    - morning - protein shake 35g
    - lunch - cold meat, cheese or peanut butter sandwiches, 2 or 3 pieces of fruit, small bar dark chocolate
    - dinner - meat and veg with potato, rice, pasta etc - various
    - pre bed - protein shake 35g
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 09-20-2020 at 08:28 AM.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    there are no diets or legal supplements that will make you "big and ripped" faster than normal

for example, eating all the "perfect" bodybuilding foods will give you the same results as eating normally, provided you hit your calorie and macro targets on both diets

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Big and ripped as fast as possible.....

If that is your goal then you will be extremely frustrated. Getting in great shape takes time and a solid commitment and discipline. If you aren't prepared for all of those things then you will be disappointed. You'll need to enjoy the small improvements along the journey.

Go to the top of the Nutrition, Losing Fat and Exercise sub forums and read the stickies. That will give you all the knowledge you need. Come back with specific questions after doing so
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    OP, if it was as simple as you seem to think (and 'fast') EVERYONE would be walking around "big and ripped".

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Neither.

Supplements are certainly not the answer.

The best bet is to learn a little - then you aren't dependent on someone trying to sell you something - whether it's a magic powder or their services as a nutritionist,

Actually, it's not very complicated. We have to get certain amount of nutrients each day - macro (carb, protein, fats) and micro nutrients (vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients).

In fact it can be even simpler than that. If you choose foods that are mostly whole or minimally processed (e.g. rice, wholegrain bread, fresh meat, eggs, fruit, vegetables) and not quite so much of (white bread, cakes, biscuits, processed meats etc) then all you really need to focus on for bodybuilding is total calorie intake and total number of protein grams per day.

Have a read of the sticky threads at the top of the forum page. Let us know if anything is not clear

Use something like myfitnesspal or cronometer to work out what nutrients are in which foods - just experiment with combinations that you normally eat to see if they fit your needs or if you need to make adjustments.

If you want to know what I do (which suits my lifestyle - not saying this is the only way):
    - morning - protein shake 35g
    - lunch - cold meat, cheese or peanut butter sandwiches, 2 or 3 pieces of fruit, small bar dark chocolate
    - dinner - meat and veg with potato, rice, pasta etc - various
    - pre bed - protein shake 35g

I'll jump in on the fun... here's what I do MOST days...:

Morning (~9am, pre-workout): Oatmeal + Protein Powder + Nut Butter + Berries + Creatine + Cinnamon + Cashewmilk (optional cereal topping if I feel like it)
    Lunch (~1-130pm): Veggies, Carb source (wrap, sweet potato, or rice), protein source (tempeh, tofu, shrimp, etc), Sauce (any), optional large piece of fruit
    Snack (~5pm): Protein Bar, Greek Yogurt, Cereal
    Dinner (~730pm): Veggies, Carb Source (Sweet potato, rice, or pasta), Protein Source (salmon, shrimp, tempeh, tofu, or faux-meat), fat source (avocado or nut butter), sauce (any)
    Optional Dessert: Usually cereal or a cookie.

Equals out to anywhere between 3000 and 3500 calories depending on hunger levels that day.

However, many days of the week I'll have more options at dinner, like a homemade pizza, burrito, stew, curry, etc....
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FloridaMatt View Post
    Hello everyone I was hoping to get some feedback on this subject. I would like to get big and ripped preferably as fast as possible.
    Here's the ground truth: You can be big, you can be shredded, you can be natural - but you can only pick 2 out of the 3.

Its going to take you about 5-10 years, so I hope thats what you had in mind by "as fast as possible".
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adrenaline91 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post
    Here's the ground truth: You can be big, you can be shredded, you can be natural - but you can only pick 2 out of the 3.

Its going to take you about 5-10 years, so I hope thats what you had in mind by "as fast as possible".
    What’s your definition of “big”?

I definitely think it’s possible to be all three, by my definition anyway, in much less than 5-10 years, unless you’re starting as an anorexic, ectomorph twig.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Adrenaline91 View Post
    What’s your definition of “big”?

I definitely think it’s possible to be all three, by my definition anyway, in much less than 5-10 years, unless you’re starting as an anorexic, ectomorph twig.
    Since this is a bodybuilding forum and we see posts like this all the time, generally what the large portion of these people aspire to when they say "big" and "ripped" is at least a physique competitor type of physique, if not bigger.

And for that, I'm sorry, but most people are just not going to get there in less than 5 years as a natty, if ever. (I'm excluding the rare-case amazing bodybuilding genetic short guys)
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by xsquid99 View Post

^^ Very good point, this.

Although, are you saying you can only pick two in a relatively short period of time? If we're talking 5-10 years of strict dedication, it's not impossible to be "big" and shredded as a natural.
    Bench: 350
    Squat: 405
    Deadlift: 505

"... But always, there remained, the discipline of steel!"

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by EliKoehn View Post
    ^^ Very good point, this.

Although, are you saying you can only pick two in a relatively short period of time? If we're talking 5-10 years of strict dedication, it's not impossible to be "big" and shredded as a natural.
    "shredded" meaning below 9-10% bodyfat or any extended period of time... unless you're a genetic freak, and even then it's very difficult to maintain.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) EliKoehn has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    "shredded" meaning below 9-10% bodyfat or any extended period of time... unless you're a genetic freak, and even then it's very difficult to maintain.
    But if you already have built up the lean mass to be considered "big," even with a relatively high level of bodyfat, would it not be the same difficulty as becoming that lean with less LBM and simply a matter of losing fat while retaining the muscle you already built?

I'm just saying if you've already become "big" as a natural, which was one of the choices, what is precluding about simply eating the right amount of protein at a deficit whilst training and losing the fat if you already have the muscle? I anticipate this will be part of your response, but I have heard that muscle retention becomes significantly harder once you get into very lean territory, as opposed to a normal range like 12-18%, if that's what you had in mind.

But if you already have built up the lean mass to be considered "big," even with a relatively high level of bodyfat, would it not be the same difficulty as becoming that lean with less LBM and simply a matter of losing fat while retaining the muscle you already built?

I'm just saying if you've already become "big" as a natural, which was one of the choices, what is precluding about simply eating the right amount of protein at a deficit whilst training and losing the fat if you already have the muscle? I anticipate this will be part of your response, but I have heard that muscle retention becomes significantly harder once you get into very lean territory, as opposed to a normal range like 12-18%, if that's what you had in mind.
    That's the point tho... when you're natty, when you get shredded-levels of BF, you start losing muscle mass quickly compared to someone who is enhanced..

Like I said you can do that for a very very short period, but not an extended one.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A shredded natty is small...

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

That's the point tho... when you're natty, when you get shredded-levels of BF, you start losing muscle mass quickly compared to someone who is enhanced..

Like I said you can do that for a very very short period, but not an extended one.
    Hmm, I wonder around what BF% it is that the rule of thumb for protein consumption breaks down then.

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    A shredded natty is small...
    But what if you really really *wanted* to be a shredded and big natty?

Exactly what I was alluding to. If you want to be shredded as a natty you're going to see mass start coming off.

"Big" is always subject to personal opinion, but generally I don't ever see what I would call "big", shredded guys walking around. I see a lot of "big" guys who are 18-22+% bodyfat range, and I see leaner guys who are in the 11-12% range, but I rarely see both "big" and lean unless they're obviously enhanced.

Hmm, I wonder around what BF% it is that the rule of thumb for protein consumption breaks down then.
    Well it varies and it's not a solid number, it slowly starts and then escalates as BF drops.

The less available stored fat, the less your body can oxidize it for energy and the more of the protein you consume will convert to glucose as opposed to being used to spare muscle.

Eventually energy demand will exceed energy intake & availability enough that almost any protein you consume not required for vital functions will just be converted to glucose.

When you think about it, it makes sense tho: your heart, muscles, organs, tissues, etc, need amino acids moreso than they need lipids to function and repair... so although you can get by for a short period being very very shredded, it just doesn't last.

I imagine it starts declining somewhere around the 9-10% range on average and increases rapidly as BF drops.

But what if you really really *wanted* to be a shredded and big natty?
    Then you explore "other options" Wont happen natty however some demographics seem to have better luck

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB