terriz1 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Very curious about my body (skeleton) shape: Is it normal to have very flat chest?

I did google a lot and many times but I always found inconsistent results. Perhaps, I didn't know which word I should have chosen to look up. Please help answer my question. I put links for images I found on the internet as an example.

My chest is looked very flat. As a skinny guy, it should have something to tell that this is a chest, right?. But, there is almost no vertical line between my pecs nor any curve to show that this is a pec. While I saw any other guys no matter fat nor skinny, they both have the line between their chest, especially on the upper area. Some guys even have indistinct curve lines showing their lower pecs, like these:

i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/5b/01/4a5b019344a1f621791cabe9a7aa0fa1.jpg
    thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/portait-young-skinny-adult-boy-7732138.jpg

While my chest is similar to this:
    i.pinimg.com/originals/68/11/04/68110468cfbec9097acd1097a0e450e9.jpg

The only different from the above image is that my chest has a bony curve line only on the right side and the left side is flat. I am very concerned. Is it okay to be like this? Will it hinder my chest growth?

--
    PS. For more info, I'm an Asian young adult. I've just focused on hypertrophy since the last year. Prior to that time, I used to exercise regularly without focusing on anything (something like lots of yoga, swimming, running, and a little bit push-ups and crunches). I am not fat but I can't call myself a skinny guy at all due to a few muscles I have especially at my arms and legs. And, I don't have an anterior pelvic tilt.

MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100) MRWorkover is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by terriz1 View Post
    I did google a lot and many times but I always found inconsistent results. Perhaps, I didn't know which word I should have chosen to look up. Please help answer my question. I put links for images I found on the internet as an example.

My chest is looked very flat. As a skinny guy, it should have something to tell that this is a chest, right?. But, there is almost no vertical line between my pecs nor any curve to show that this is a pec. While I saw any other guys no matter fat nor skinny, they both have the line between their chest, especially on the upper area. Some guys even have indistinct curve lines showing their lower pecs, like these:

i.pinimg.com/originals/4a/5b/01/4a5b019344a1f621791cabe9a7aa0fa1.jpg
    thumbs.dreamstime.com/b/portait-young-skinny-adult-boy-7732138.jpg

While my chest is similar to this:
    i.pinimg.com/originals/68/11/04/68110468cfbec9097acd1097a0e450e9.jpg

The only different from the above image is that my chest has a bony curve line only on the right side and the left side is flat. I am very concerned. Is it okay to be like this? Will it hinder my chest growth?

--
    PS. For more info, I'm an Asian young adult. I've just focused on hypertrophy since the last year. Prior to that time, I used to exercise regularly without focusing on anything (something like lots of yoga, swimming, running, and a little bit push-ups and crunches). I am not fat but I can't call myself a skinny guy at all due to a few muscles I have especially at my arms and legs. And, I don't have an anterior pelvic tilt.
    i think its genetics, its where your muscle tissue connects to the bone, they say there are certain exercises to build up the chest to make it appear more symmetrical but all in all you cant change your insertion points without surgery, i suffer from this much more then you do, im willing to bet, the whole middle of my chest is exposed because of my insertion points, but in terms of how youre built naturally and your chest mass also has to do with genetics, but dont let this stop you from wanting to have the best body you can have, im not a professional nor doctor and i am not the smartest person in the world. and please anyone feel free to correct me if im wrong.
    Last edited by MRWorkover; 09-19-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Snaggn4s is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Back when I started, I was thinking about the same thing. There is genuinely nothing you can do but pack on mass; No point in worrying. I turned out fine btw.
    Being short sucks but you gotta deal with it.