NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Thumbs down Titan Lat Pulldown Price

Have been curious with this unit for a while.. However, with our current situation with supply / demand, the price has gone from 999 to 1099 to 1299 and still not available. Guessing they either get some in and sell quick or have just been out. Also, given the free shipping and fairly consistent coupons in the past, I imagine that this could of been had for near 850 shipped less than a year ago.

Is Titan just price gouging where they can or are there actually improvements? ...or are other machines also going up in price and they are just keeping up with the jones?

I'm not going to buy anything for a while but certainly curious. Heard good things about this rack but if it is getting up near prices for higher quality equipment, their value will never compare.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Mark Rippetoe has an interesting perspective that prices should go up to ensure availability. Imagine if Titan charged $2k+ for it. You might actually get one. Prices right now for new equipment are artificially low compared to demand. Companies don't want to be accused of price gouging, but maybe they should raise prices.

The used market is more reflective of the true economy. I don't actually need anything, but I continue to buy equipment because I'm an enthusiast. I don't bother shopping used anymore due to the prices, but I can afford new all day long. If the new price went up, people like me might think twice and those with a real need for gear could get some.

Perhaps the biggest issue with low new prices is the flippers. Raise the price for new proportionate to used and that chit would stop or at least greatly diminish. Availability of new gear would go up and used prices would settle down.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post
    Mark Rippetoe has an interesting perspective that prices should go up to ensure availability. Imagine if Titan charged $2k+ for it. You might actually get one. Prices right now for new equipment are artificially low compared to demand. Companies don't want to be accused of price gouging, but maybe they should raise prices.

The used market is more reflective of the true economy. I don't actually need anything, but I continue to buy equipment because I'm an enthusiast. I don't bother shopping used anymore due to the prices, but I can afford new all day long. If the new price went up, people like me might think twice and those with a real need for gear could get some.

Perhaps the biggest issue with low new prices is the flippers. Raise the price for new proportionate to used and that chit would stop or at least greatly diminish. Availability of new gear would go up and used prices would settle down.
    That's funny, I said the same thing the other day that maybe what would solve everything is equipment companies raising prices, to the point that it would deteriorate reseller from purchasing and recreate supply. The longer there's supply, prices will gradually work it's way back down and that will reset the secondary market.

Personally, I think we are pretty close to hitting the spot where supply and demand are now intersecting. Prices on the secondary market this last month have almost been cut in half, that tells me there aren't too many more people willing to pay whatever it takes to get equipment for their homes.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by radrd View Post

If you always pay full price, then the increases have been modest on most equipment, but if you typically shop sales as I do (as I am typically buying for want rather than need) then the increases have been steep. An Elite SSB could be had $225-250 w/ free shipping for a couple years running during their best sales and the best offer as of late was a full price with free shipping offer, which puts the best price about $200 more than the best price pre-COVID. American Barbell had the T-grip w/ fixed ends for $230 earlier this year and now it's $350. Titan, who had 12-20% off almost daily, hasn't done a single sale during the pandemic to my knowledge.

As for the people buying up the new equipment and flipping it, if the demand is there they would keep buying. Right now the demand has died down a lot so I don't know that there's many people even flipping new equipment right now. It's certainly not like it was when I kept seeing photos taken in the Dick's parking lot with Fitness Gear benches for 3x retail.

MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000) MGM711 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    An Elite SSB could be had $225-250 w/ free shipping for a couple years running during their best sales and the best offer as of late was a full price with free shipping offer, which puts the best price about $200 more than the best price pre-COVID.
    Cheapest the SS Yolk has ever been listed was a mistaken price of $275 and free shipping years back. They quickly realized the mistake, pulled the sale down from the site, and didn't even honor their own mistaken sale. They've marked the bar down to that price a few other times, but shipping was always the killer with EliteFTS, it's like $100-$150 to ship that bar, maybe more now. But I get where you're coming from, I'm essentially the same way, so from that perspective, the price increases for guys like you and me looking for deals has been more severe.

NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250) NHAngler has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I agree it is all about supply and demand. Simple economics. However, I am also one to know that their pre-covid prices were. This kind of goes for everything. I don't buy things I simply "want" until I get a good deal or is something that never goes on sale. It took me 2 years of looking at overpriced C2 rowers to cave and buy a new one at the retail price. Why? It NEVER went/goes on sale. Titan products? well now... I remember being able to buy a T3 rack for 2 bills or so. I technically got mine for free but that is a different story.

It is just frustrating all around. None of you likely fish or boat but if you do, you noticed the increase in new boaters / anglers this year due to cover. Same with hiking and other activities that got new faces joining in. Tackle supplies are shot and people are buying boats above retail prices. Used boat prices are crazy. I do mean crazy as I was offered $15K above what I paid for my boat 8 years ago. For real!

I have no right to tell any person or a manufacturer about what they can or cannot buy and sell. It just seems like we are out of beer at my local bar because the one across the street is closed down for renovations and their guests crossed the street.

What I cannot wait for is when all of these fine folks go to sell all of their crap at the same time. We will hopefully get to experience the other side of the supply / demand equation again. That and manufacturers trying to compete with a large used market and many broke people once all this fake money is gone within a broken economy. Not being cynical but it is much worst than most people think.
    Last edited by NHAngler; 09-20-2020 at 06:01 PM.

radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) radrd has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by NHAngler View Post
    What I cannot wait for is when all of these fine folks go to sell all of their crap at the same time. We will hopefully get to experience the other side of the supply / demand equation again. That and manufacturers trying to compete with a large used market and many broke people once all this fake money is gone within a broken economy. Not being cynical but it is much worst than most people think.
    Yes, I think this pandemic has exposed even more inefficiencies with producing equipment in China. Suddenly they will catch up and may very well discover the demand isn't there anymore. I bet the demand for U.S. made stuff won't go down nearly as quickly or significantly. All my gut based on no research or any real knowledge.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by NHAngler View Post
    I think we're already seeing a little of that as some have jumped the gun and already started to sell the equipment they just bought because they have failed to pay attention to the second waves of the pandemic occurring outside the US. Demand has gone down and supply has gone up (a little), which has brought prices down a bit. If the second wave does hit the US though, the prices are going be driven right back up. Now when the mass sales eventually come, I'm intrigued to see whether people will eat their losses or continue to sit on their equipment hoping to regain just a small portion of what they paid. What the heck is going to happen to all those single-function commercial pieces swallowing up living room space that people paid $1,800 for when most were going for $400-800 pre-COVID? A huge portion of the commercial gyms that might have bought them are gone and there are very few new ones opening. This is what I'm really waiting for as it has gotten nigh impossible to find the few pieces I'm looking for at all, let alone at a reasonable price.

ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000) ncsuLuke is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Even at the price Titan is charging for their lat pulldown there isn't anything comparable anywhere close to that price except the Powertec which the only benefits are it's compact (if you need that) and not made by Titan.

Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Heisman2 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think we're already seeing a little of that as some have jumped the gun and already started to sell the equipment they just bought because they have failed to pay attention to the second waves of the pandemic occurring outside the US. Demand has gone down and supply has gone up (a little), which has brought prices down a bit. If the second wave does hit the US though, the prices are going be driven right back up.
    This is why I have gone ahead and bought all of my stuff brand new now as I'm still worried about a second wave and supply halting again and I'm willing to pay more than needed now rather than risk having to wait another half year or longer to be able to get things more cheaply.

I think we're already seeing a little of that as some have jumped the gun and already started to sell the equipment they just bought because they have failed to pay attention to the second waves of the pandemic occurring outside the US. Demand has gone down and supply has gone up (a little), which has brought prices down a bit. If the second wave does hit the US though, the prices are going be driven right back up. Now when the mass sales eventually come, I'm intrigued to see whether people will eat their losses or continue to sit on their equipment hoping to regain just a small portion of what they paid. What the heck is going to happen to all those single-function commercial pieces swallowing up living room space that people paid $1,800 for when most were going for $400-800 pre-COVID? A huge portion of the commercial gyms that might have bought them are gone and there are very few new ones opening. This is what I'm really waiting for as it has gotten nigh impossible to find the few pieces I'm looking for at all, let alone at a reasonable price.

Keep in mind that some viewed the equipment cost as a filler for gym membership fees. Some pay hundreds a month for this. So to them it may all be disposable to some degree. Not everyone has the room even if they made room. I can imagine some dude in a NY apartment getting yelled at by his wife that the equipment needs to go.

rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000) rpark is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Not exactly sure where this stands, but the US tariffs on Chinese goods could be a large factor.... I know at one time they were talking 25% tariff..... which would explain most of the increase from $999 to 1,299. I suspect because of some strained COVID China vs US finger pointing..... their Chinese manufacturers might be under pressure to NOT supply the US with goods as they have in the past (purely speculation on my part).

Remember, every single item Titan sells, has to travel by barge containers and ships over seas , they don't manufacture anything...... so the process of preparing a container, shipping and receiving an ocean freight delivery could easily take 2 months from start to finish of the process, so don't be surprised by long 'out of stock' items.
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #4 []---[]
    []---[] Rogue Barbell Club #9 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #76 []---[]

Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Derek2010 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just ordered a functional trainer from Titan. Might be higher priced than pre-COVID (I’ll never know), but I figure I’ll save close to $1k/year working out in my soon to be home gym anyways.
    [x] cutting
    [ ] bulking

“Stronger than yesterday, weaker than tomorrow”