Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Angry Black Spiderman and Demon Souls PS5 game size revealed

Sony has revealed the file sizes for the first PS5 games including Demon’s Souls and Spider-Man Miles Morales. We thought that next-gen games might be smaller in file size, but it definitely doesn’t look to the case based on these sizes.

Demon’s Souls – 66gb
    Spider -Man Miles Morales (Including The Original Game) – 105gb
    Spider-Man Miles Morales (Standalone) – 50gb[
    https://press-start.com.au/news/play...retty-massive/

Is this a joke?

or am I not understanding technology .... Didnt Sony (and MS) promise us smaller disk sizes because of ssd and new tech? but spiderman is 50 gb and demons soul is a 66 gb? and that's just without the updates. Take in mind that sony's ssd is 875 gb, which means it'll probably be around 800 or the higher 700's taking into account the OS and other things. Most likely at least until in the first few, we can only keep a handful of games on the system at any given time.

This means that we are probably looking at paying 200 usd upwards to get an SSD that is Sony approved so that we can continue to install and play our games at hand, otherwise its constantly deleting/or keeping your games backed up in an external hdd (until you need to transfer it back to the ps5 to play) because sony wont allow any games to be running on hdd's that aren't approved by them.

i've got a 2 tb hdd in my ps4 and 2 other hdd's, one is 2 tb and the other is 1tb, and both are full of games that i like playing randomly even though I've finished or they are part of my backlog.
    Sig line can't be a novel

Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Laughs in PC master race! PS5s ridiculous restrictions on SSD’s are the beginning of consoles leading to proprietary upgrade paths. Imagine 3 years down the line you can upgrade the GPU to get better performance.

Facetiousness aside I am interested to see what the inside looks like and what type of SSD it has. I’m assuming it’s a type of NVME or PCI version. I really don’t believe that a Samsun evo 970 with read and write speeds @ 3500 MBps isn’t up to par for Sony. That is still fast enough for essentially instant load speeds. However I’m sure Sony will offer a proprietary upgrade SSD that will cost half as much as the console for double the capacity.
    *Kate Beckinsale is the only true 10/10*

InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InstantLoser has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Shades of Apple's practices. This is how Apple prevents people from fixing their own devices or replacing screens etc on their own. They tie every piece of hardware to an over-arching ID # (similar to a MAC ID) for that device. If you attempt to replace the screen, or the motherboard on an iPhone for example with a component who's ID doesn't match the rest of the components in that iPhone, it will detect the different ID and won't let you use it. Physically there's no reason for it to not work; Apple simply "Breaks" it in software. This forces you to go through them to get the replacement, and if you don't have a warranty, well it's "fukc you consumer", buy a new device.
    "That boulder is too large. I could lift a smaller one."

-Hercules

Starting Weight (July 2018) - 362
    Current Weight (July 2019) - 268

bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bongowongo has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    From what I read, seems like Microsofts will be proprietary , but Sony will at least give us reccomendations of what SSD's can work with the PS5 .... so either way console players are fukked, but at least in sony's strategy we can opt for cheaper ssd's, but microsoft's if its propertiary and only available through them they're gonna skim you for sure.

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always presumed the PS5 game sizes would be enormous, considering RDR2 and a few other PS4 ones were >100gb.

My understanding is that the PS5 has two SSD nvme slots: one already filled with the 825gb one, and another empty one. I hate to say it, and it prolly will be as expensive as just buying another ps5, but the route I'm going with is to buy a 2TB nvme ssd to stick in the other slot.

Incidentally, I totally bet a lot of the new game-file size is related to 3D audio being uncompressed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glow, glow, glow your boat

LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LurkoLantern has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    From what I read, seems like Microsofts will be proprietary , but Sony will at least give us reccomendations of what SSD's can work with the PS5 .... so either way console players are fukked, but at least in sony's strategy we can opt for cheaper ssd's, but microsoft's if its propertiary and only available through them they're gonna skim you for sure.

The third-party ssd's will have an official "compatible with ps5" sticker on their packaging. Sony said they'd put forward a list on "approved ssd's"
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Glow, glow, glow your boat

Originally Posted by LurkoLantern View Post
    The third-party ssd's will have an official "compatible with ps5" sticker on their packaging. Sony said they'd put forward a list on "approved ssd's"

Lol, so both companies are gonna make a killing of this aren't they ...... yikes, at least if I can get a 2tb ssd I can install on the ps5 under 200 USD max (hoping for 150 or lower) I'm definitely getting it.

Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Holyfenix has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lol, so both companies are gonna make a killing of this aren't they ...... yikes, at least if I can get a 2tb ssd I can install on the ps5 under 200 USD max (hoping for 150 or lower) I'm definitely getting it.
    A decent 1 TB NVMe SSD starts at $150. Lol you are going to spend at minimum over $300 for a decent 2 TB SSD. More than half the cost of the PS5 in the first place.
    *Kate Beckinsale is the only true 10/10*

IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000) IronProdigy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You think I can take out my 2 TB SSD from my PS4 and stick it in the PS5?

BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500) BoseSound is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Microsoft is going to sell an external ssd to go with their console as an option.

freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) freeburn has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Dunno what you guys want. You want fast speeds and good graphics you have to pay the premium. It wasn't cheap getting a 1tb nvme for my pc any more then it will be for your consoles.

Welcome to having actual modern day tech in your consoles.
    Yes... come and let us make an end of it. It matters not, even cornered, to my last breath... I remain who and what I am. I will not hide, nor tremble, nor beg. Let them come and reckon with fury that is DOOM defiant.

JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000) JesseV87 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    https://press-start.com.au/news/play...retty-massive/

Is this a joke?

or am I not understanding technology .... Didnt Sony (and MS) promise us smaller disk sizes because of ssd and new tech? but spiderman is 50 gb and demons soul is a 66 gb? and that's just without the updates. Take in mind that sony's ssd is 875 gb, which means it'll probably be around 800 or the higher 700's taking into account the OS and other things. Most likely at least until in the first few, we can only keep a handful of games on the system at any given time.

This means that we are probably looking at paying 200 usd upwards to get an SSD that is Sony approved so that we can continue to install and play our games at hand, otherwise its constantly deleting/or keeping your games backed up in an external hdd (until you need to transfer it back to the ps5 to play) because sony wont allow any games to be running on hdd's that aren't approved by them.

i've got a 2 tb hdd in my ps4 and 2 other hdd's, one is 2 tb and the other is 1tb, and both are full of games that i like playing randomly even though I've finished or they are part of my backlog.
    Games are always going to naturally increase in size because of higher-res textures and more assets, where the savings come from is ultimately going to be less re-used assets on disk but games will increase in size. 50-66 GB isn't that bad when Modern Warfare+Warzone is 200GB.
    PSN ID: ZidanesHead

Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jimbo0731 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    That 825gb is pretty brutal for this new gen. I have 1TB to deal with and find it tough to chop some of the titles to make room. But with consoles adopting this new tech it will help drive the prices down for everyone. It will be interesting to see if Xbox Velocity Architecture has better compression but I'm not holding my breath for much of a gain if any.

Registered Elephant BigElephant's Avatar
    BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigElephant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yeah you're only going to get like 650 GB of actual game storage on that SSD if the leaks about the OS size were true.

MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeLowrrrey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Holyfenix View Post
    Laughs in PC master race! PS5s ridiculous restrictions on SSD’s are the beginning of consoles leading to proprietary upgrade paths. Imagine 3 years down the line you can upgrade the GPU to get better performance.

Facetiousness aside I am interested to see what the inside looks like and what type of SSD it has. I’m assuming it’s a type of NVME or PCI version. I really don’t believe that a Samsun evo 970 with read and write speeds @ 3500 MBps isn’t up to par for Sony. That is still fast enough for essentially instant load speeds. However I’m sure Sony will offer a proprietary upgrade SSD that will cost half as much as the console for double the capacity.
    I'd honestly like an upgradable console, just without the complexity and tweaking of a PC. Yes I'd pay $700 for top notch gameplay, graphics, fps, and simplicity

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Considering the SSD's that PS5 want certified don't even exist yet to purchase (Cerny said he hopes they're out shortly after launch of the PS5), you aren't finding one for cheap. A 2TB gen 4 SSD which the PS5 supposedly uses costs $360+ USD on newegg. The 1TB was $170.

A PS5 in Canada with an extra SSD is closing in on $1000.

As for these game sizes, these aren't even proper next-gen games, so pepper it when the new CoD comes out and is pushing 200-250GB's (if they have another Warzone type mode).
    Not part of any crews crew

JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JayJ350 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This is an issue that I was talking about from day one ever since I heard about the new storage plan for these next gen consoles. I know how vital it has been for me to have a big external HD hooked up to my current gen consoles, and how quickly their 1TB drives filled up after a few massive AAA game downloads. Heck COD takes up about 150GB these days, and lots of games take up over 60GB, the average AAA game weighing in at over 40GB. Combined with the way ISP's like to have data caps and throttle downloads it's just a big issue to have to download stuff all the time. This is part of the reason why I am in no rush to buy the new consoles, I want a PS5 simply to play Gran Turismo 7 and that is it, outside of that I feel perfectly happy sticking with my Xbox One X and it's massive 4TB external drive as well as my launch PS4 and all the games I got on it, not the mention the Switch which doesn't work as well as a home console but is an amazing portable.

anonymous
    I hope they bring the Demon's Souls remake to PC after the exclusivity period is over.

Thankfully I beat the original on PS3 already. Great game.

Registered User ralphlaurenbrah's Avatar
    ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000) ralphlaurenbrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ROFL and Sony’s poverty SSD is only 850 gb. That’s literally like 5 games after you install all of the day 1 updates... and we all know how fast the game size is growing. In 5 more years the average game will be 300 gb at this rate so that’s like 2 ****ing games.

LOL at consoles

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Honestly I am very happy with those numbers. Figured they'd be much higher.

But I am with you on SSD storage space. I will be looking to upgrade. I can surely live with 1TB as I don't play many games at once and don't mind reinstalling something if needed. I have a 2TB now in my PS4 and it's nice to not have to juggle chit but in reality 1TB of that is stuff I haven't touched in a year and will never touch again.

Allied Allies Alliance VTheKing's Avatar
    VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) VTheKing has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I thought I cheapened out when I bought a 1 TB SSD last year... mind blown Sony is running with less in their nextgen console. No one is going to keep more than one Call of Duty game installed LOL
    Go Canucks Go!

Mais notre monde érodé restera le même
    Et demain toi et moi serons partis

Registered User GottaLiftandEat's Avatar
    GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250) GottaLiftandEat has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'm not a "Tech-wizard" so you don't have to take what I say at face value.

As we advance into the future, texture become more detailed, more aesthetic. Audio is a lot better. Effects. Raytracing. Everything that makes the game "look good" comes at a cost - Size.

"The SSD can deliver uncompressed data to other system components at up to 5.5GB/sec via its new proprietary hardware, which is over twice that of an Xbox Series X. And like the Xbox Series X, the PS5 also has dedicated hardware-based decompression to reduce CPU overhead. Developers will no longer have to design their games specifically around storage limitations. A lot of the level design in games have specific sequences to optimize data loading. An elevator segment lets the game prepare for the next transition. A winding cave does the same, separate key parts of the world and gives the system an opportunity to load the rest of the next environment.
    The system's SSD speeds are so high devs can stream assets directly into the pipeline as they're needed. There's no seeks with an SSD."

So you know scenarios like "Elevator scenes" and dull mundane moments where nothing is happening? When games were installed on the Hard-drive: during that moment the textures requried for the next "mission" are streamed in. With the PS5 ssd and how fast it is, you'll no longer need to add those "delays" in because it can load data much faster than you can blink (they might have to deliberately slow it down in some situations).

All in-all I'm not too worried about the specs. Yeah the games are large, but you'll easily be able to store 10+ AAA games on the SSD (with high textures). Also they'll be smaller patches in the future and better hardware compression tech so don't let the filesizes worry you.
    DYEL crew | Training to become a pilot + aerospace engineer crew | Lurked for 5 years crew
    Previous Weight: 108lbs Goal Weight: 200lbs

Hope to die soon.

"The child who was rejected by the village will burn it down to feel it's warmth" -AP

JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JPeeper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GottaLiftandEat View Post
    I'm not a "Tech-wizard" so you don't have to take what I say at face value.

As we advance into the future, texture become more detailed, more aesthetic. Audio is a lot better. Effects. Raytracing. Everything that makes the game "look good" comes at a cost - Size.

"The SSD can deliver uncompressed data to other system components at up to 5.5GB/sec via its new proprietary hardware, which is over twice that of an Xbox Series X. And like the Xbox Series X, the PS5 also has dedicated hardware-based decompression to reduce CPU overhead. Developers will no longer have to design their games specifically around storage limitations. A lot of the level design in games have specific sequences to optimize data loading. An elevator segment lets the game prepare for the next transition. A winding cave does the same, separate key parts of the world and gives the system an opportunity to load the rest of the next environment.
    The system's SSD speeds are so high devs can stream assets directly into the pipeline as they're needed. There's no seeks with an SSD."

So you know scenarios like "Elevator scenes" and dull mundane moments where nothing is happening? When games were installed on the Hard-drive: during that moment the textures requried for the next "mission" are streamed in. With the PS5 ssd and how fast it is, you'll no longer need to add those "delays" in because it can load data much faster than you can blink (they might have to deliberately slow it down in some situations).

All in-all I'm not too worried about the specs. Yeah the games are large, but you'll easily be able to store 10+ AAA games on the SSD (with high textures). Also they'll be smaller patches in the future and better hardware compression tech so don't let the filesizes worry you.
    On the base PS5, no you won't. Spider-Man and Demon Souls aren't even next-gen games, one a is a remake and the other is an add-on and not full game. And they're already 50+ GB's. A next-gen AAA game will be 80GB's minimum. On a SSD that after OS will have like 600-650 GB's? You'll fit about 5 or 6 if you're lucky. If you have COD, that's 200+ GB right there gone.
    Not part of any crews crew

A Registered Mesomorph Ravishing_Rick's Avatar
    Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Ravishing_Rick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    not getting a ps5 unless its 1tb

im tired of deleting games
    ஜmisc pharaohஜ Misc #1 AssMan ω.*۩*legendary misc status*۩* *duolingo crew*
    ★ ★ ★ ★ M.M.T ☆☆☆☆ T.M.T ☆☆☆☆ T.B.E ★ ★ ★ ★ ravishing-asses@tumblr
    No Sloot Can Hurt A Man With Options~ Ravishing_Rick
    all my bishes foreign
    owes MikeHawkBiggums reps X10

[_]Living [X]Living Dead nkiritsis13's Avatar
    nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nkiritsis13 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    > "Higher fidelity graphics, ray tracing, up to 5000 sound sources,
    >"Game sizes might actually get smaller, or at least more optimized!"

Uh huh... I'm sensing a whole lot of might here.

To be fair, I was expecting more damage simply due to the much higher fidelity assets like models, textures, and animations for both characters and environments cancelling out any touted optimization.

Just for some consolation, here are a few current gen games that have shockingly huge file sizes:

Wolfenstein: The New Order ~ 50GB (this game is kinda ugly these days)
    Wolfenstein: The New Colossus - 47.94GB
    Middle Earth: Shadow Of War - 95GB
    Final Fantasy XV ~ 100 with DLC
    Gears of War 4 ~ 112GB
    Destiny 2 - 165GB
    Last of Us 2 ~ 100GB
    Spiderman GOTY - 53.61GB
    Sushi Ghost is surprisingly only 35.08GB
    Call of Duty Modern Warfare is around 194 on consoles

But if you really want to feel good, Quantum-F*cking-Break, that game nobody even remembers, tops in at 178GB on the XboneX. One hundred, seventy eight gigabytes and for what? F*cking Littlefinger, I guess?

Anyway, back to the PS5: the base PS5 Spiderman game is 50GB and the Ultimate Edition Spiderman that includes a remastered PS4 Spiderman is 105GB, so I guess you could make the argument that they must have done some optimization, even if it cancels out on the actual size, as it would still hang around the 53-55GB mark in file size with all of the improved assets, ray tracing, ect.

Moving onto Demon's Souls, it looks like quite the extensive visual upgrade over From's other games with an impressive amount of extra details like high poly assets and higher resolution textures throughout.

For some fun reference, searching base Dark Souls 3 file size you get ~17.3GB and Sekiro looks to be about ~25 GB. I had just unpacked some Dark Souls 3 textures a couple days ago, and I'm going to be honest with you guys: the raw textures are not as pretty as the game makes them seem.

For example, the main texture for the King of Storms (the dragon that the Nameless King rides in the opening part of the fight) is only a 2048x2048 texture.

Going back even further to Dark Souls 1, Smough's fat ass only clocks in with a 1024x1024 primary texture, with a 512x512 secondary one.

I don't have Sekiro, so I couldn't tell you how that stacks up, but nevertheless, the important consideration is that texture resolution is not the same as your screen resolution, and we're going to be getting to a point where textures are going to be massive in size across the board, on top of more detailed models and additional on-screen effects/physics.

TL;DR - I think the general trend is going to be marketing-speak in that technically games may or may not be smaller relative to the increased detail... maybe, if they feel like it.

The only next gen games that will be smaller are the Xbox Series S ones, and that's only because it's such a POS that it isn't even capable of outputting the higher fidelity assets.

*Oh, and as someone who doesn't follow comics... is he really just called Black Spiderman? Because child me two decades ago would have said that's Venom before I knew his actual name, and holy sh*t I would actually have a semblance of interest in this game if it really was Venom instead.

Yeah, I had an Xbox 360, so f*ck that noise.

I don't think there has ever been a case where propriety memory has been a more reasonable choice, along with the obvious caveat that you can't use it for anything else other than the respective system.
    I will stand firm, I refuse to kneel - The fury in me is divine
    My dark grave awaits, my fate is revealed - But I'm not afraid to die

If you have any problems or need advice, feel free to ask

Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Weezy32 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP you are surprised that top tier graphics and games designed to show off power of ps5 in 4k are going to take up a lot of space on your hard drive.

WUT ofcourse games with top tier grpahics are gonna be huge its nothing new and is common sense.
    Atlanta Falcons!!!

JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) JStrez has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This might be misleading though. What would the size of these games on the PS4 be? If those sizes would be 100 GB then yeah the games are "smaller" but rather misleading. I'm interested to see what the sizes are for Modern Warfare on the next gens because it's currently wrecking my Xbox One with storage Space. I too have a 2 TB HDD attached to my Xbox that I got for free. But just lol if you though you were gunna buy either of these consoles and not upgrade the storage at some point. Yeah Sony's SSD is a little smaller, but that looks like an extra 2 games at most downloaded, until you need to buy an other TB or two.
    *Mechanical Engineering Crew*
    *6'3" Master Race Crew*
    *6 Figs Crew*

"Because the thing about repairing, maintaining, and cleaning is it’s not an adventure. There’s no way to do it so wrong you might die. It’s just work. And the bottom line is, some people are okay going to work, and some people … well, some people would rather die. Each of us gets to choose.”

rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rocketfish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    well well well.. games are not going to be 50gigs, more like 100-150gb easy. Also huge games like call of duty like the future black ops that also includes warzon,e basically 2 games will easily be 300+gb because of the 4k features.. you want 4k you gotta pay the price in storage.

LOL @ $200 proprietary poverty 1tb storage is going to put you consolecels at a big disadvantage when it comes to the pc master race

$500 console + 1 game ($70) + proprietary poverty hard drive ($200) + 1 extra controller for your boyfriend ($70)

$840 before tax at 1 game lol.

give it up and build a pc
    *** Latinos For Trump Crew ***

*** Bidet Clean Ass Crew ***

*** HTC ***

mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mgftp has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by rocketfish View Post
    well well well.. games are not going to be 50gigs, more like 100-150gb easy. Also huge games like call of duty like the future black ops that also includes warzon,e basically 2 games will easily be 300+gb because of the 4k features.. you want 4k you gotta pay the price in storage.

LOL @ $200 proprietary poverty 1tb storage is going to put you consolecels at a big disadvantage when it comes to the pc master race

$500 console + 1 game ($70) + proprietary poverty hard drive ($200) + 1 extra controller for your boyfriend ($70)

$840 before tax at 1 game lol.

give it up and build a pc
    And on a PC I can do what? Not play The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Spiderman, or Ghost of Sushi? Play Horizon 5 years after release? Or spend all my time trying to figure out how to configure all my hardware, software, and drivers so things actually work properly if a game ends up being released for PC that is worth playing? Or do you really just spend the time you have because no games to play trying to order a lady-boy online to finally rid yourself of your virginity because you are a hunchbacked computer gaming virgin? Master Race? LoL - PC No Games Race / PC Nerd Race

LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) LtGoose has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mgftp View Post
    And on a PC I can do what? Not play The Last of Us, Uncharted, God of War, Spiderman, or Ghost of Sushi? Play Horizon 5 years after release? Or spend all my time trying to figure out how to configure all my hardware, software, and drivers so things actually work properly if a game ends up being released for PC that is worth playing? Or do you really just spend the time you have because no games to play trying to order a lady-boy online to finally rid yourself of your virginity because you are a hunchbacked computer gaming virgin? Master Race? LoL - PC No Games Race / PC Nerd Race