alidan is on a distinguished road. (+10)

protein question

a quick rundown of everything so far

so i'm trying to lose weight, been exercising, and been making small changes that should add up over time, I should be eating around 1600-2000 calories a day average, some days are higher than others, some days are lower.
    I started working out, I bloated to 300+- 5lb, this was up from my normal 275-285 floating point, and I considered anything under 270 as things are working
    weighed myself today and I was 268, so I want to say 4~ months on, I and seeing a result, not to say there haven't been results till now, i am stronger then before, and that did keep me going when I was seeing 0 trackable results elsewhere.

so i'm starting to hit a point where I want take a good look at my diet, and here is where I come into issue.

I know protein is needed for gaining muscle, and that is a number 1 long term goal as gaining muscle would make it easier to keep weight off and make a bad diet choice easier to mitigate, so I looked up what my protein intake should be. it looks like 1.5 gram per kg... so to get around that, I would need to eat almost exclusively turkey every meal and every day... ok not happening
    I looked at protein powders thinking this would be an easier way to get that number up. it seems the best I can do is 25g per 100 cal, and with a diet that sees me intake about 50-60g for 1600-2000 calories of food, its no longer a deficit

so i'm obviously not seeing something correctly, or not understanding something right. any help here?
    I mean if I was more in shape, the very obvious answer would be just work out a bit more, doing a 1000 calorie workout could easily mitigate the excess food intake, but my body isn't able to do that yet.

faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) faithbrah has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    268 lbs and not losing weight on 1600-2000 calories is 99.9% because you're miscalculating them

either that or the 0.1% chance that you have a serious thyroid issue

Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Luclin999 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your calorie counting is way, way off.

To be maintaining or gaining at 275#+ would put your daily calories probably closer to 3000.
    ~ Like Tae-Kwon-Leap, my goals are not a path to a door, but a road leading forever towards the horizon.

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Luclin999 View Post
    Your calorie counting is way, way off.

To be maintaining or gaining at 275#+ would put your daily calories probably closer to 3000.
    ^^^^ this. Youโ€™re eating 3000+ calories per day easily.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿ’™๐Ÿชณ snailsrus's Avatar
    snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) snailsrus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post
    268 lbs and not losing weight on 1600-2000 calories is 99.9% because you're miscalculating them

even with a thyroid issue heโ€™d be losing weight andddd hypothyroidism is rare in men.

You donโ€™t need that much protein by any means
    Youโ€™re counting calories wrong
    SuperHercules crew
    cancer survivor crew
    Dyslexic crew
    Friend of Mr.Wilson crew
    Ugly and old cell crew
    Cat crew
    Insomniac crew

9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100) 9514862 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Im male, Im hypo.

as for OP, You must be consuming sugar or processed food of some sort in your diet. If your barely working out, eating on a deficient but eating the wrong stuff, you wont lose fat at a large rate.

AND, you should be calculating your calories based on LBM, so if you SHOULD be 220lbs, u should use that as your baseline for maintenance calorie intake, NOT your current weight.

FORGET BIRD PROTEIN!! Its trash

Ground beef is the best, 80/20

good luck

fasting. Then have him get in a 4 point stance and hold it there for 30 mins a day, then play highschool football, because at 14, 6 ft, 300+, the kid might have a future in football. Good money i hear, HARD WORK, but good money,lol.

Put him on a 48 fast - large meal, ( NO Fruit-sugar ) fast 48 hrs, and so on, till he drops the fat. Something that works well are Beef and cheese burritos, on low carb soft wrap, NO DRINK WITH FOOD>> 2-3 every other day. at same time each day. He needs to build discipline right now. when he gets down to 230LBS, start pounding the weights. adjust diet plan then

70% 1rm, 4-7 reps, 5 sets, slow concentrated movements.

I do 5x week, but 48 hour interm fasting, every 4th week, lightn weight by 25% for entire week,

everyworkout, i change up the exercise for the body part, never doing same movement back to back days.

Cutting and bulking are exactly the same, just the diet changes. Cutting is slashing the fat, sooooo, keep insulin down, and drink that snake juice,

funny thread,

Guess what, calories is ENERGY, IF YOU HAVE A SURPLUS, you dont need TO ADD THEM, TO POWER THRU YOUR WORKOUTS, Which is what the calorie is for, ..

I would be more concerned about the quality of Protein, Timing of workout, Testosterone levels, Growth Hormones, and 1RM% as more importance then a couple hundred extra calories to get you thru a workout. at the end of the day, If your protein is ****, your gains will be too. Protein synthesis and recovery is WHAT BUILDS THE MUSCLE, and of course, consistently adding weight to your workload.

Im currently tryin TestMax HD. 46Yr old male. 1 week so far.

Will let ya know how it goes. Getting blood work done soon to see levels.
    Last edited by SuffolkPunch; 11-06-2020 at 05:33 AM.

alidan is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by faithbrah View Post

well like I said, my weight would fluctuate between 275 and 285, a few times it would dip to 270~ but it would remain in that range, and when I started out, my weight bloated ot a little over 300 with 0 diet change. I didnt even consider any weight loss actual weight loss till I was below what I saw myself go lower then doing nothing, so I see it as 2lb after 4 months and this is where progress starts, or you could see it as nearly 40lb in 4 months, which by my math is a bit better then I was expecting.

Originally Posted by 9514862 View Post
    Im male, Im hypo.

as for OP, You must be consuming sugar or processed food of some sort in your diet. If your barely working out, eating on a deficient but eating the wrong stuff, you wont lose fat at a large rate.

AND, you should be calculating your calories based on LBM, so if you SHOULD be 220lbs, u should use that as your baseline for maintenance calorie intake, NOT your current weight.

FORGET BIRD PROTEIN!! Its trash

Ground beef is the best, 80/20

good luck
    there are a few places I went to look and see what maintenance probably is for me, my full weight can put it at 2500~callories , I also went and looked at my "ideal" weight which it said was 160-170lb and used that and it still pumped out over 2000, so to make math easier I consider 2000 maintenance for me and I try to hit 1500 with meals, and if I'm still hungry, bananas or apples, or I say eff it for the day and make another meal.

and to everyone else saying I measure wrong, well its rice, and I don't have a scale so everything is an estimate and I have no idea if theri cups is the same as the cups i'm using, I just estimate the 1/2 cup jasmine rice and 100-150gram chicken to be 700 calories total. it could be 400 or could be up to 800, if im stopping around 1500 and trying not to eat more and at least the best I can figure out, my maintenance is in the 2300 range but for easier math I consider it 2000, I should be below every day I prepare meals for myself exclusively.

weighed myself today and came back just over 265, so I at least know now its working.

Only main problems I had was within the last week I either hurt my back or muscle, heavily leaning toward muscle given where it hurt, so that saw me out for a week and I lost the ability to walk whenever I want due to the space I walked being repurposed.

Need to get use to a treadmill but I think I need to buy a tablet or something to just entertain me as I walk a 12 degree incline till i'm board/no longer feel like walking, so somewhere between 30min to 2hours a day. and just got things moved out of the way for the heavy bag. once I get a power rack built or bought, I can go back to doing something everyday and that should up maintence quite a bit more then it is now.