X3R4VY is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Losing fat and gaining muscle at the same time

Hello guys, I am a 19 year old male. I weigh about 154 kg (339 lbs). I am 188 cm tall (6 foot 2 inches). I am a heavy guy but I don't look like it maybe due to my tall posture. My issue is I want to loose weight while still gaining muscle or at least maintaining what I already have. However resorting to google came back with confusing results and more questions than answers. Some say that I need to do cardio with weight lifting while on a calorie deficit and eating enough protein which is about 1.6 g per kg of body weight. Now that's almost 250 grams of protein a day which looks insane to me. My current workout routine is I go to the gym and I do cardio for about an hour, that includes fast walking, cycling and other machines. After that I do half body workouts which are one day upper body and the other lower body and the third day I do cardio only. I am also on a calorie deficit, I eat about 2500 to 3200 calories a day. So my question is in this case how can I lose fat while gaining muscle. The idea of losing only fat then building muscle is demotivating to me. Tips about diet and my exercise routine would greatly help me. And do you think eating great amounts of protein would do any good?. Thanks in advance.

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by X3R4VY View Post
    Hello guys, I am a 19 year old male. I weigh about 154 kg (339 lbs). I am 188 cm tall (6 foot 2 inches). I am a heavy guy but I don't look like it maybe due to my tall posture.
    My issue is I want to lose weight while still gaining muscle or at least maintaining what I already have. However resorting to google came back with confusing results and more questions than answers.

Some say that I need to do cardio with weight lifting while on a calorie deficit and eating enough protein which is about 1.6 g per kg of body weight. Now that's almost 250 grams of protein a day which looks insane to me.

My current workout routine is I go to the gym and I do cardio for about an hour, that includes fast walking, cycling and other machines. After that I do half body workouts which are one day upper body and the other lower body and the third day I do cardio only.

I am also on a calorie deficit, I eat about 2500 to 3200 calories a day. So my question is in this case how can I lose fat while gaining muscle. The idea of losing only fat then building muscle is demotivating to me. Tips about diet and my exercise routine would greatly help me. And do you think eating great amounts of protein would do any good?. Thanks in advance.
    Read the sticky threads bro, and learn to space your text lol

It is really basic though, eat less calories than you burn, if you are overweight then there is a higher chance you can gain muscle during your CONSISTENT dieting. Get on a proven strength program and continue to progressively overload. You can learn everything if you really want to make a LIFESTYLE change, by reading the stickies.
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG
    I don't go to the gym anymore so above stats are useless.

Only do weighted calastentics in the comfort of my own home!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Adjust calories down until you are losing a steady 1-2 lbs a week. Follow an expert designed routine like Fierce 5 or All Pros - work hard in the gym and in all likelihood you will make progress with weights at the same time as losing fat.

beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) beowulf359 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by X3R4VY View Post
    Now that's almost 250 grams of protein a day which looks insane to me.
    If your overweight you can calculate your protein using your goal weight, not your actual weight.

Train hard play harder Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Tommy W. has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    When you're dieting down you won't really know if you're gaining muscle or not and in most instances you aren't. Adding strength when starting is Central Nervous System adaptation and people interpret it as gaining muscle. If you start looking more muscular that in most cases is fat being stripped off of arms, etc and revealing the existing muscle.

If you need to lose fat, concentrate on THAT. You can run a bigger deficit when you aren't attempting to add muscle and the fat will come off sooner leaving you in a position to start adding muscle with a different diet quicker than a small deficit . Diet down and train to MAINTAIN muscle.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    As mentioned above you can use your goal weight for your macro calculation targets. But 250g of protein is only 1000 calories, and for you to maintain 339 lbs you’ve been already been eating well in excess of 4000 calories per day. I weigh 200 lbs and I usually get about 200-225g of protein per day.

Please take a read here on how to do your calorie and macro target callcs.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=173439001
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10) kdogg3270 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    When you're dieting down you won't really know if you're gaining muscle or not and in most instances you aren't. Adding strength when starting is Central Nervous System adaptation and people interpret it as gaining muscle. If you start looking more muscular that in most cases is fat being stripped off of arms, etc and revealing the existing muscle.

If you need to lose fat, concentrate on THAT. You can run a bigger deficit when you aren't attempting to add muscle and the fat will come off sooner leaving you in a position to start adding muscle with a different diet quicker than a small deficit . Diet down and train to MAINTAIN muscle.

this is very good advice