drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000)

“The Social Dilemma” is more commie drivel

My god these people are pathetic.

- ermygawd, voluntary advertisements should be banned!
    - people over profits bro!
    - trump is only president because of russia!
    - brb protesters being arrested just for bumping into police officer
    - government is our only savior from evil corporate profits!!!

If you’re life decisions and ideas are being heavily influenced by Facebook advertising, you are either a little kid or not intelligent.

I do believe there is some problems with it influencing children and teen girls and their self image, but that is the parent’s responsibility, the government is too inept to fix that.

As for me:
    -even lifts
    -gonna make it or die trying crew
    -no fat chicks crew
    -#1 career thread creator

ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ByAssociation is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The fact is, when I first started Facebook, everything was in order and you had a wall where you’d always see it and be able to chat with your friends. Now, everything is ordered weird and half the **** Is advertisement and there is no wall just this algorithm order. Ok, sure, the website isn’t going to burn your house down, but it’s addictive - misc is also addictive once you get into it - the documentary talks a bit about why this is. The concept of social connection and discussion, topics pertinent to your interests (and many here share same interests so while it isn’t the same it isn’t much different). But most importantly actually take a look at how it affects your life. People these days can’t **** without staring at their phone. Instead of spending time talking to their family they have their face on the phone. It’s a result of not just the social media websites and the addiction they foster due to dopamine reward pathways and the constant refresh-for-content bull**** but people actually living their lives for posting stuff. I literally know people who set up entire events just to be able to take a picture of it and put it on social media - that end goal, getting likes and having their “friends” see it is more important to them than the actual event itself. This is ignoring people who again neglect their real life for their phone or computer. Not to mention the increase in suicides and polarization of society the data of which was very interesting. I myself quit using my Instagram because I found myself getting too addicted and constantly looking for new content it sortof ****s with your brain, quitting misc also

eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) eod8989 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I watched it and agreed with most of it. I really wish we could go back to pre smart phone and social media days but that will never happen. The matrix has us.

No longer goodlooking RollingStones's Avatar
    RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RollingStones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    They really used this to denounce pizza gate and keep claiming its a conspiracy theory

disgusting

drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000) drFEEL is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ByAssociation View Post
    The fact is, when I first started Facebook, everything was in order and you had a wall where you’d always see it and be able to chat with your friends. Now, everything is ordered weird and half the **** Is advertisement and there is no wall just this algorithm order. Ok, sure, the website isn’t going to burn your house down, but it’s addictive - misc is also addictive once you get into it - the documentary talks a bit about why this is. The concept of social connection and discussion, topics pertinent to your interests (and many here share same interests so while it isn’t the same it isn’t much different). But most importantly actually take a look at how it affects your life. People these days can’t **** without staring at their phone. Instead of spending time talking to their family they have their face on the phone. It’s a result of not just the social media websites and the addiction they foster due to dopamine reward pathways and the constant refresh-for-content bull**** but people actually living their lives for posting stuff. I literally know people who set up entire events just to be able to take a picture of it and put it on social media - that end goal, getting likes and having their “friends” see it is more important to them than the actual event itself. This is ignoring people who again neglect their real life for their phone or computer. Not to mention the increase in suicides and polarization of society the data of which was very interesting. I myself quit using my Instagram because I found myself getting too addicted and constantly looking for new content it sortof ****s with your brain, quitting misc also
    -dopamine from connecting with people in real life is good
    -dopamine from connecting with people on the internet is bad

Okay.

Am i just immune then? I find social media boring. I feel cringe going out to take pics. I avoid most of it. I use it to connect with close friends or to occasionally troll commies.

Right now all i am doing is talking with you over a text interface. But if i were to talk with you at a bar having the same exact conversation, somehow thats better for me.

Originally Posted by eod8989 View Post
    I watched it and agreed with most of it. I really wish we could go back to pre smart phone and social media days but that will never happen. The matrix has us.
    . The people chosen to be interviewed for the documentary have clear fundamental misunderstanding of economics and voluntarism. They also have a clear liberal bias so often prevalent in the tech/gay/edgelord community. If you cannot see this and you “agree with most of it”, i recommend the works of milton friedman, thomas, sowell, mises, adam smith.

Originally Posted by RollingStones View Post
    They really used this to denounce pizza gate and keep claiming its a conspiracy theory

disgusting
    i never got into that one.
    -even lifts
    -no fat chicks crew

Its funny because the creators have succumb to exactly what they are warning about. They have surrounded themselves with an echo chamber of liberal ideologies.

Its the only explanation as to why they would continue to believe such clearly illogical ideas.
    -even lifts
    -no fat chicks crew

Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000) Evlve is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I don’t know what the social dilemma is. I try to stay in the dark as much as possible.

But your idea of not being influenced by social media or advertising because you’re an adult and in control may not be entirely true.

We know that people can be primed subconsciously by what they read, write, and see. Here’s a quick link. I don’t know how good it is, but if you want to know more read Thinking Fast and Slow

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/priming

In any case you are influenced by your environment all day long without your knowledge and you won’t even know it. Being influenced has nothing to do with your maturity. It’s our nature.

It’s the reason why there are so many ads these days.... they work.

You can override it but you’re always going to be reacting to it if you allow it to be a part of your day. Pretending it’s not real is a sure fire way to get taken advantage of

PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000) PISTELERO is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's all well and dandy if you or I am able to see through the manipulation, but these riots and leftist movement is proof the world isn't smart enough to see through it, and they will destroy the world around us while we are whistling Dixie because we're "too smart to care"

Originally Posted by Evlve View Post
    I don’t know what the social dilemma is. I try to stay in the dark as much as possible.

But your idea of not being influenced by social media or advertising because you’re an adult and in control may not be entirely true.

We know that people can be primed subconsciously by what they read, write, and see. Here’s a quick link. I don’t know how good it is, but if you want to know more read Thinking Fast and Slow

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/basics/priming

In any case you are influenced by your environment all day long without your knowledge and you won’t even know it. Being influenced has nothing to do with your maturity. It’s our nature.

It’s the reason why there are so many ads these days.... they work.

You can override it but you’re always going to be reacting to it if you allow it to be a part of your day. Pretending it’s not real is a sure fire way to get taken advantage of
    but if you look at my purchases, beliefs, and life decisions, its pretty obvious none of it is being influenced by anything other than truth.

Never purchased anything due to an advertisement. In fact I deliberately tell people not to go shopping with me because im highly analytical and need to know everything about my purchase

Im definitely not saying it doesn’t work, it just doesn’t work on someone like me.

And the people it does work on are stupid. There is no fixing stupid and to expect government to fix stupid people is like expecting government to fox poor people. Look how well that works out...
    -even lifts
    -no fat chicks crew

suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) suave2000 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drFEEL View Post
    but if you look at my purchases, beliefs, and life decisions, its pretty obvious none of it is being influenced by anything other than truth.

Never purchased anything due to an advertisement. In fact I deliberately tell people not to go shopping with me because im highly analytical and need to know everything about my purchase

Im definitely not saying it doesn’t work, it just doesn’t work on someone like me.

And the people it does work on are stupid. There is no fixing stupid and to expect government to fix stupid people is like expecting government to fox poor people. Look how well that works out...
    Maybe not on the concious level but I can bet 100% for sure than on a subconscious level you are also affected and programmed by advertising. You have been exposed to it (as we all do) since infansy and it's ideas and myths have also been engrained into you. Do you ever wonder why you desire what you desire? or why you fear what you fear? Lots of those ideas where put in your head by ideology not by your own choosing.

You feel free because you lack the very language to articulate you're unfreedom...
    When you come to think of it, almost all human behaviour and activity is not essentially any different from animal behaviour. The most advanced technologies and craftsmanship bring us, at best, up to the super-chimpanzee level. Actually, the gap between, say, Plato or Nietzsche and the average human is greater than the gap between that chimpanzee and the average human.

*communist Llama crew*
    *go vegan or go bust crew*
    *anti-imperialist crew*

Originally Posted by suave2000 View Post
    Maybe not on the concious level but I can bet 100% for sure than on a subconscious level you are also affected and programmed by advertising. You have been exposed to it (as we all do) since infansy and it's ideas and myths have also been engrained into you. Do you ever wonder why you desire what you desire? or why you fear what you fear? Lots of those ideas where put in your head by ideology not by your own choosing.

You feel free because you lack the very language to articulate you're unfreedom...
    Well then i thank this wonderful system that has educated me so well on the truths of the world, because thats all i believe in.

Atheist
    Libertarian
    Masters degree in Sci discipline
    Don’t believe in anything without evidence
    Dont purchase anything without an expected high ROI
    Successful
    Smart
    Perfect in all ways
    Massive dong
    People like me
    Dont align with groups even the aforementioned

*Looks at sig*
    “Communist”
    “Vegan”
    “Ant imperialist”

Wait a minute....
    -even lifts
    -no fat chicks crew

Transracial gigaTyrone elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    anti trust laws go back more than 100 years

Theres like 6 companies that control 99% of the information on the internet

Even if you tried to reach people to tell them the truth, lets say you got on TV and said something unpopular and they had your name... If anyone was interested in looking up more information whats their first instinct? to google you or search you on facebook. Guess what the tech companies will be working overtime to alter what comes up when your name is searched if you made any statements they did not like.

Transracial gigaTyrone elterrible987's Avatar
    elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) elterrible987 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    also you have to look at liberals complaints about facebook, their central complaint is that facebook is not liberal enough which is absurd.

Originally Posted by elterrible987 View Post
    anti trust laws go back more than 100 years

Theres like 6 companies that control 99% of the information on the internet

Even if you tried to reach people to tell them the truth, lets say you got on TV and said something unpopular and they had your name... If anyone was interested in looking up more information whats their first instinct? to google you or search you on facebook. Guess what the tech companies will be working overtime to alter what comes up when your name is searched if you made any statements they did not like.
    duckduckgo
    -even lifts
    -no fat chicks crew

Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Fozzy13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by drFEEL View Post
    My god these people are pathetic.

- ermygawd, voluntary advertisements should be banned!
    - people over profits bro!
    - trump is only president because of russia!
    - brb protesters being arrested just for bumping into police officer
    - government is our only savior from evil corporate profits!!!

If you’re life decisions and ideas are being heavily influenced by Facebook advertising, you are either a little kid or not intelligent.

I do believe there is some problems with it influencing children and teen girls and their self image, but that is the parent’s responsibility, the government is too inept to fix that.

As for me:
    [youtube]vAvGKfaO3os[/ youtube]
    1) Insert stupid people joke by George Carlin

2) Advertising DOES work...that's why companies have been using it for generations and spend millions/billions on it.
    n4l
    Rayaarito
    fappin
    r32gojirra

Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Peacening has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Saw the trailer and knew this was an absolute propaganda piece for DNC talking points. Here's how you make one:

-you take a real issue succ as social media addiction
    -you focus on some of the bad qualities like dopamine addiction and targeted advertising
    -you mention certain things like "echo chambers" but ONLY cite examples of how group A is influenced by them. You then present group B's opinions the truth and then explain how group A only has differing opinions because of social media echo chambers. Simultaneously denying credibility to group A while making Group B seem legitimate without any real evidence.

So cot damn obvious just by watching a two minute trailer.
    HTC
    Proud Dad crew
    6'4" height of the gods

Originally Posted by Fozzy13 View Post
    1) Insert stupid people joke by George Carlin

2) Advertising DOES work...that's why companies have been using it for generations and spend millions/billions on it.
    never said it didn’t work, brainlet.

Originally Posted by Peacening View Post
    Saw the trailer and knew this was an absolute propaganda piece for DNC talking points. Here's how you make one:

-you take a real issue succ as social media addiction
    -you focus on some of the bad qualities like dopamine addiction and targeted advertising
    -you mention certain things like "echo chambers" but ONLY cite examples of how group A is influenced by them. You then present group B's opinions the truth and then explain how group A only has differing opinions because of social media echo chambers. Simultaneously denying credibility to group A while making Group B seem legitimate without any real evidence.

So cot damn obvious just by watching a two minute trailer.
    This guy gets it.

This is exactly what they did too so if you picked that all up just from the trailer you are on another level my friend
    -even lifts
    -no fat chicks crew