Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Can't fix my Squat form no matter what

I've been squatting for 3 years now. And I've always had this issue, I'm currently 18, 185cm, 90kg

Whenever I Squat, my right foot points outwards, and my left foot is how it should be. No matter what I do. When I start I. The correct position, my right foot shifts slithly outwards and turns right.

Only way I can prevent this if I Squat very light. With any decent amount of weight the "correct" squatting form feels very unnatural and unconfortable, and even if I try my hardest I can't keep my damn feet in line.

I've been trying to fix this issue for 2 years with no luck. Watched countless form. Vids, articles forums etc.

(im not even squatting heavy, my 1 rep max is 160kg, usually I Squat 120x6-10 reps)

Could. It be that it's just the way my body and my bones are made, and I will never be able to squat properly? It doesn't really bother me

I'm just scared of injury, whenever I Squat everything feels alright and I don't feel any pain in my right or left leg.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I think your view of "correct" form may be incorrect. If your right foot always points slightly outwards and feels good that way, then turn your left foot outwards to match it, assuming the angle isn't ridiculous.

Post a form video if you want people to take a look and verify.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Post a vid showing the issue and your form overall.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50) Datboileg will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Post a vid showing the issue and your form overall.
    Here is me squatting 140 kg for a few reps, as you can see I struggle to get into proper position, and my right foot is slightly further out than the left one and pointing more outwards. https://youtu.be/-N1d-Zedjgc

BTW, I know someone is gonna say it, I tried to squat with socks, same issue.

Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000) Zschnack87 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Datboileg View Post
    Here is me squatting 140 kg for a few reps, as you can see I struggle to get into proper position, and my right foot is slightly further out than the left one and pointing more outwards. https://youtu.be/-N1d-Zedjgc

So your stance looks fine to me. Whenever I go to squat, I put my legs shoulder length apart and point my toes at like a 45 degree angle outwards. This is comfortable for me and works pretty good. You can always switch it up and do Sumo Squats or something.
    Progress, not perfection. One day at a time.

Current Workout Program: Upper / Low

Current Supplements: Redcon1's Grunt, Total War, and Big Noise. Dymatize Fruity Pebbles. Fish Oil and Walmart Brand Multi-Vitamin.

Part-Time Manager of a Small Town Gym!

Also how is my trapbar dl. Form? I'm trying to mimic as much as I can the barbell dl without "squatting" the weight.

(I can't barbell dl in this gym, 20kg plates are really short and I'm really tall and when I start going heavy my back isn't straight (no way to fix it if I wanna go heavy, it's just way too low)

TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

It could just be your body orientation. In the vid, it looks like your left foot is an inch or so forward of your right. You might also have a bit of hip shift where your left leg is carrying more of the weight but this might just be the camera angle.

It could just be your body orientation. In the vid, it looks like your left foot is an inch or so forward of your right. You might also have a bit of hip shift where your left leg is carrying more of the weight but this might just be the camera angle.
    It doesn't really bother me, I'm just scared something will snap once I start going real heavy. It's what keeps me from doing 1 rep. Max squats... I've seen way too many videos of people getting injured and I don't wanna be the one ya know? I'll try really hard next time. I hit the gym to do everything perfectly and report back. Thanks. About my trap bar dl, any tips?

Sometimes a program might call for 1rm attempts, but there's little point unless you compete otherwise.

I don't see a trapbar dl vid. Not that I know a lot about them to really say.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Your setup looks a bit asymmetric, not just the right foot but like the right side of your body and hip are also turned out a bit. Not sure if that has something to do with your body itself or if it even needs to be fixed, but you could just try turning your left foot out to match the right and see if that changes anything.

Also don't see a trap bar DL vid, but some people call it a trap bar squat so you're prob going to naturally "squat" it a little more than your regular DL.

Sometimes a program might call for 1rm attempts, but there's little point unless you compete otherwise.

I don't see a trapbar dl vid. Not that I know a lot about them to really say.
    Whops forgot the link https://youtu.be/uGVrCx7GOJA

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Your setup looks a bit asymmetric, not just the right foot but like the right side of your body and hip are also turned out a bit. Not sure if that has something to do with your body itself or if it even needs to be fixed, but you could just try turning your left foot out to match the right and see if that changes anything.

Also don't see a trap bar DL vid, but some people call it a trap bar squat so you're prob going to naturally "squat" it a little more than your regular DL.
    I wish i could barbell dl but it ain't an option sadly, so I gotta work with the trap bar (which I actually really like.and so does my lower back)

Honestly at this point it might be the body itself. I've tried so much to squat with good form but I just can't. Maybe a mobility problem. I was a couch potato until 14....

I'll post another vid dropping 10kg and really focusing hard on form

I wish i could barbell dl but it ain't an option sadly, so I gotta work with the trap bar (which I actually really like.and so does my lower back)

Honestly at this point it might be the body itself. I've tried so much to squat with good form but I just can't. Maybe a mobility problem. I was a couch potato until 14....

I'll post another vid dropping 10kg and really focusing hard on form

MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MyEgoProblem has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Squat is fine. No one is fully symmetrical.

My feet aren't identical and I have a slight hip shift on hard Reps. And no issues repping over 230kg/500lbs.

(dan green is unever too and was wr holder 😂)

Form is over 80% dialed in and that is a very trainable state...
    FMH crew - Couch.

'pick a program from the stickies' = biggest cop out post.

Originally Posted by MyEgoProblem View Post
    Squat is fine. No one is fully symmetrical.

My feet aren't identical and I have a slight hip shift on hard Reps. And no issues repping over 230kg/500lbs.

(dan green is unever too and was wr holder 😂)

Form is over 80% dialed in and that is a very trainable state...
    What about my trap bar dl? I'm trying to make it similar to the barbell dl and not the squat

IMO you look like you're stopping short and popping up vertically at the end, rather than locking out. Trap bar DL has a slightly diff motion than reg DL because the weight is more in line with your body, so do it naturally rather than trying to change it somehow.

Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    IMO you look like you're stopping short and popping up vertically at the end, rather than locking out. Trap bar DL has a slightly diff motion than reg DL because the weight is more in line with your body, so do it naturally rather than trying to change it somehow.
    Do you think I'm still able to. Work the same muscles than the barbell dl more or less? I'm just trying to do anything but barbell dl

Do you think I'm still able to. Work the same muscles than the barbell dl more or less? I'm just trying to do anything but barbell dl
    Yes, if you do it with good form. You'll get a little more quad activation and a little less strain on your lower back, but otherwise it's similar.

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yes they work the same muscles.

You look like you’re not squatting down to pick up the weight and keeping it hip dominant which is good.

Don’t let anyone tell you that they aren’t as good as barbells.

Originally Posted by BeginnerGainz View Post
    Yes they work the same muscles.

You look like you’re not squatting down to pick up the weight and keeping it hip dominant which is good.

Don’t let anyone tell you that they aren’t as good as barbells.
    Yep that's what I'm trying to do, I can lift more if I Squat down, but I wanna work the desdlift movement pattern, I can't barbell dl in this gym because wieghts are smaller than Olympic ones, and I round my back a lot with any decent weight (and everyone in the gym has this issue) no matter how hard i try, past 120kg the back rounds, where as with the trapbar I can dl 160 kg for reps without any issues... Question :if I bend my legs even slithly less, my back should work more right? (ofc ill lift less) but it should work my back a bit more like the barbell does

BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BeginnerGainz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yep that's what I'm trying to do, I can lift more if I Squat down, but I wanna work the desdlift movement pattern, I can't barbell dl in this gym because wieghts are smaller than Olympic ones, and I round my back a lot with any decent weight (and everyone in the gym has this issue) no matter how hard i try, past 120kg the back rounds, where as with the trapbar I can dl 160 kg for reps without any issues... Question :if I bend my legs even slithly less, my back should work more right? (ofc ill lift less) but it should work my back a bit more like the barbell does
    If that is the issue, why not do RDLs? You can lift more when you squat down because of the quad drive at the bottom.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO DEADLIFT OFF THE FLOOR.

Deadlifts off the floor are pointless unless your particular sport (and I hazard to call powerlifting a sport)

If that is the issue, why not do RDLs? You can lift more when you squat down because of the quad drive at the bottom.

Deadlifts off the floor are pointless unless your particular sport (and I hazard to call powerlifting a sport)
    Well, the gym doesn't have anything to raise the wieghts. It's pretty bare bones. It's full of clowns who train all day with machines with bad form. No offence to people who use machines, but Imo you can't skip on free weights, there is literally only one spot where you can DL.

Maybe Smith machine Deadlift? Is that even a thing? I'm guessing it would **** up my range of motion, I tried using that **** for shoulder press and Bench, never again lol.

Well, the gym doesn't have anything to raise the wieghts. It's pretty bare bones. It's full of clowns who train all day with machines with bad form. No offence to people who use machines, but Imo you can't skip on free weights, there is literally only one spot where you can DL.

Maybe Smith machine Deadlift? Is that even a thing? I'm guessing it would **** up my range of motion, I tried using that **** for shoulder press and Bench, never again lol.
    You can do an RDL with a trap bar and IMO it’s a little better cause the weight is centered

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcyQjddt0A

They are much better for hamstring development than deadlifts off the floor/rack/blocks because the deep eccentric stretch

Edit: for future reference do not count out the smith machine. It can be a useful tool. For example, it’s great for feet forward squats and even front squats. Dorian Yates used them to build his massive thighs.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Not having to do them is not the same as them being pointless.

Your extreme personal bias against a movement does not entail it being useless.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

OP, if you’re looking for overall back development, DL even with a trap bar is a perfectly good exercise if you can improve your form a little. Nothing wrong with trap bar RDLs either. Just decide which suits your goals better, or include both somewhere in your program.

You can do an RDL with a trap bar and IMO it’s a little better cause the weight is centered

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcyQjddt0A

They are much better for hamstring development than deadlifts off the floor/rack/blocks because the deep eccentric stretch

Edit: for future reference do not count out the smith machine. It can be a useful tool. For example, it’s great for feet forward squats and even front squats. Dorian Yates used them to build his massive thighs.
    Question: is it normal that I can lift more with a trapbar if I Squat more and use more leg drive? I'm just asking because usually people can DL much more than Squat

Question: is it normal that I can lift more with a trapbar if I Squat more and use more leg drive? I'm just asking because usually people can DL much more than Squat
    I’d say yes, just because I’ve seen it too often

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Trap bar is the best way to employ as many muscles as possible.

In theory it should be the same as a low bar back squat - which should be higher than a conventional deadlift. And indeed, it often is in the case of equipped lifters. Squat being lower than dead is often just a function of form and the effect of having the inertial mass at a higher point - so variations in form are magnified compared to having it lower.

Conventional deadlift has the limitation that the bar has to be in front of you at the start.

Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Ironface has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Trap bar is the best way to employ as many muscles as possible.

In theory it should be the same as a low bar back squat - which should be higher than a conventional deadlift. And indeed, it often is in the case of equipped lifters. Squat being lower than dead is often just a function of form and the effect of having the inertial mass at a higher point - so variations in form are magnified compared to having it lower.

Conventional deadlift has the limitation that the bar has to be in front of you at the start.
    Wait what? Low bar squats are supposed to be easier than deadlifts?

The only people I’ve heard of having bigger squats than deadlifts are usually fat equipped lifters (extra bodyweight seems to have slightly more correlation with increasing squat compared to deadlift, and people with a big fat gut tend to have issues maintaining optimal deadlift form).

Also, personally I have never been able to low bar squat more than what I can high bar. Must be dependent on individual leverages.
    *Deadlifts pants after taking a chit crew*
    *Typos can go fucl themselves crew*
    *Nice miscer crew*
    *Loves reps, hates negs crew*
    *Faps before workout crew*
    *12+ hours of sleep crew*
    *Faps during workout crew*
    *Hates onions crew*
    *Faps after workout crew*
    *No fap crew*

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is a full discussion of it here:

https://www.strongerbyscience.com/he...atch-deadlift/