hglip is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Who Makes Good Rack-Mounted Dumbbell Spotter Cradles?

I'd like some dumbbell cradles, maybe spotter is the wrong term. I picked up some Rogue loadable dumbbells and they hold up to 135 pounds each. I can't press 135 pounds yet, or anywhere near that and I'm old so I want to avoid injury. My idea is for a rack mounted device that I can load the first plates on each side, and then finish loading the dumbbell while already set on this cradle. And then do the press or shrug off the cradle, then either on the last rep, replace it in the cradle, or drop to the floor and unload the plates. I'm not going to try to clean 100 pounds into a cradle at my age lol.

I love the looks of Dean's Black Widow BWTG version but he doesn't use UHMW on the rack attachment and he's not responsive to emails about whether I can add it after the fact myself (which would depend on the unknown clearance he uses). I guess he has plenty of work from COVID and doesn't need my $500+.

Is there anything else out there people can recommend in this space? I did some research and found a couple systems, such as nylon strap spotting systems, which all seem overkill to me and potential to break. I like this cradle idea because I could drop it off a building and it would work fine.

Also, what other movements other than chest press (including incline and decline and shoulder press) and shrugs might I want to do with very heavy dumbbells? My fixed dumbbell set caps out at 60 pounds so I got these loadables for anything that might come up that requires more.

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dean has always been unresponsive. He's a master craftsman, but a terrible businessman. Anyway, have you looked into VersaSpot? It won't let you load the plates once up there, but you can set the spotter at whatever height you'd like.

sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000) sera310 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Rogue lists Versa-spots on their website, but they've been listed as "Coming Soon" for months:

https://www.roguefitness.com/versasp...r-system-black

hglip is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Duplicitous View Post
    Dean has always been unresponsive. He's a master craftsman, but a terrible businessman. Anyway, have you looked into VersaSpot? It won't let you load the plates once up there, but you can set the spotter at whatever height you'd like.
    That’s too bad, I placed my first order with Dean a couple months ago, no communication, ordered online and they showed up 3 weeks later, very high quality. And fast for handmade items during covid. I wanted to buy several more things but he isn’t responsive so I’m giving up on him I guess if it’s not just a temporary covid thing.

I have seen versaspot and you can order them direct on the verdaspot website but it looks cheap. I don’t see how they can make that for $200 in the US and have a profit and have it be adjustable unless it’s flimsy and cheap.

I’d guess a solid non-adjustable version of that should cost $300 to $350 and a solid adjustable version would be $450 to $500 because making a solid adjustable product is a lot harder with more materials that are thicker.

From the photos it looks flimsy. I also don’t need it width adjustable since I only have one rack. So that adjustable screw middle piece seems like a weak point.

If someone made a higher quality version of that, I’d be down. I hope I don’t sound elitist but I spent a lot of money on my rogue rack, sorinex accessories, eleiko plates, and to put what may be a flimsy piece of crap in there seems wrong. Like putting Kia floor mats inside a Porsche, but worse because if this breaks, it could cause injury to me.

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A much simpler and cheaper solution, if you can find a set...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00511RAJ2..._EErzFbXX493X1
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedickus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    A much simpler and cheaper solution, if you can find a set...

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00511RAJ2..._EErzFbXX493X1
    Didn't know those have become rare LOL. I have a set sitting in my accessories bin, used them twice, hated them. Might put them on FB Market Place. I couldn't deal with the thin metal bar under the dumbbell handle, just felt off to me. My wife says if there was a pea under my mattress I probably wouldn't be able to sleep.
    "It is my own fault for replying in a smith thread." deadwoodgregg

Ordained Minister of Perpetual Consumption and all around righteous dude.

My home gym pictures: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175136471&p=1632857623&viewfull=1#post1632857623

My workout journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120169181

Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Leprechuan71 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have the Titan X3 DB holders and they are decent and work well.

https://www.titan.fitness/racks/rack...ir/401033.html

Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000) Duplicitous is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by hglip View Post
    That’s too bad, I placed my first order with Dean a couple months ago, no communication, ordered online and they showed up 3 weeks later, very high quality. And fast for handmade items during covid. I wanted to buy several more things but he isn’t responsive so I’m giving up on him I guess if it’s not just a temporary covid thing.

I have seen versaspot and you can order them direct on the verdaspot website but it looks cheap. I don’t see how they can make that for $200 in the US and have a profit and have it be adjustable unless it’s flimsy and cheap.

I’d guess a solid non-adjustable version of that should cost $300 to $350 and a solid adjustable version would be $450 to $500 because making a solid adjustable product is a lot harder with more materials that are thicker.

From the photos it looks flimsy. I also don’t need it width adjustable since I only have one rack. So that adjustable screw middle piece seems like a weak point.

If someone made a higher quality version of that, I’d be down. I hope I don’t sound elitist but I spent a lot of money on my rogue rack, sorinex accessories, eleiko plates, and to put what may be a flimsy piece of crap in there seems wrong. Like putting Kia floor mats inside a Porsche, but worse because if this breaks, it could cause injury to me.
    Well, it's 11g and 13g steel. The 13g is a bit meh, but we're only talking about it holding a max of 500 lbs and very few guys are benching with 250-lb DBs anyway. I don't consider $220 + shipping particularly cheap for what it is either. It's just a telescoping steel tube with dumbbell holders welded to it. In any case, the review of it have been positive and Rogue sells it for use with their racks. https://www.roguefitness.com/versasp...r-system-black