roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

New workout routine..

In starting a new program workout routine upper lower push pull legs was wondering if anybody had any insight when Putting a workout routine together as far as pairings for compound isolation and also horizontal and vertical ..god bless

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by roomarx View Post
    In starting a new program workout routine upper lower push pull legs was wondering if anybody had any insight when Putting a workout routine together as far as pairings for compound isolation and also horizontal and vertical ..god bless
    Sure

Assuming your template is

Upper
    Lower
    Off
    Push
    Pull
    Legs
    Off

Its best to do your heavier, low(er) volume, compound work on the upper/lower days.

Then, perhaps a bit more volume and a bit higher reps on the.PPL days.

So a typical template might look like

Upper

Flat bench
    OH press
    Horizontal rowing movement
    Triceps
    Biceps
    Small stuff if desired (traps, forearms, direct isolation to lagging areas)

Lower

Squat
    Deadlift based accessory
    Leg press
    Goodmornings
    Abs

Off

Push

Incline press
    Flat press
    DB Arnold press
    Triceps
    Perhaps a chest iso

Pull

Vertical movement
    Different rowing movement
    Lat based movement superset rear delt movement
    Biceps
    Traps

Legs

Deadlift
    Squat based accessory
    GHR / hypers
    DB lunge superset into hamstring machine
    Abs

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    One problem I run into with doing all heavy work on an upper day is that i'm in the gym forever that day. I'm running the Fierce 5 ULPPL now and the heavy work is spread out through the week. I think this works well since the push and pull days are "lighter" days by design. The work outs are shorter than a full upper day so they are not as intense and draining. Either approach works but once you're running this split you should know what works for you by now imo.

Here is another good choice
    https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/5-day-workout-routine/

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    A trainee that does wall push ups should not be looking at programs such as what you keep asking for.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178957521
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TAWS6 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    A trainee that does wall push ups should not be looking at programs such as what you keep asking for.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=178957521
    Oh geeze. Again we waste our time suggesting an advanced program to a novice lol

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Not sure what thread creator is even asking for, to be honest.
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261

roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) roomarx has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I appreciate that.. yeah I had also written up one for upper lower upper skip a day Push Pull legs

The reason I do wall push-ups is all I have is dumbbells and I also do regular push-ups the wall push-ups basically with your hands close is a tricep exercise among other muscles having only dumbbells I have to replace certain exercisee but that's all I have right now plenty of weight with just dumbbells and a bench I've been working out for years on and off lost a lot of weight got down maybe 160 pounds at 5 foot 10 and just doing this and having a good diet I'm back up to 190 I just like people's opinion advice because I'm not real Advanced but I've been doing it on and off for years and been hitting it hard or about a year actually made quite a bit of gains but I don't know everything but appreciate your advice

You think I'm a novice so here's the thing I have only dumbbells and plenty of weight on the dumbbells and I'm not most advanced weight lifter but doing what I've been doing trying to change up my workout routine I've gained 30 pounds in the last 6 months by doing just this and eating and testosterone shots so I'm No rookie bro I just like advice from people that may have a little more experience but I know my ins and outs around the gym and dieting appreciate your advice I'm stuck with dumbbells right now and a bench certain things I cannot do also because of shoulder issues but I do them I work my ass off even if with just what I have if I had pictures to post what you'd realize what I have works but advice from people that know much more than I do always appreciate it. And my advice I've had people come to me don't know crap to ask me things and when someone have some questions you don't make comments like a novice I'm far from a novice my friend I just have questions and a lot of other people know more than I do it's all good

paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) paulinkansas has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just follow one of the intermediate Fierce 5 dumb bell programs in the stickies. You can modify it if you know what you're doing.

I was doing r FB r FB r U L repeat with good gains until shtf across the world

FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FurtadoZ9 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TAWS6 View Post
    One problem I run into with doing all heavy work on an upper day is that i'm in the gym forever that day. I'm running the Fierce 5 ULPPL now and the heavy work is spread out through the week. I think this works well since the push and pull days are "lighter" days by design. The work outs are shorter than a full upper day so they are not as intense and draining. Either approach works but once you're running this split you should know what works for you by now imo.

Here is another good choice
    https://www.aworkoutroutine.com/5-day-workout-routine/
    Good point

The reason I do wall push-ups is all I have is dumbbells and I also do regular push-ups the wall push-ups basically with your hands close is a tricep exercise among other muscles having only dumbbells I have to replace certain exercisee but that's all I have right now plenty of weight with just dumbbells and a bench I've been working out for years on and off lost a lot of weight got down maybe 160 pounds at 5 foot 10 and just doing this and having a good diet I'm back up to 190 I just like people's opinion advice because I'm not real Advanced but I've been doing it on and off for years and been hitting it hard or about a year actually made quite a bit of gains but I don't know everything but appreciate your advice
    The important thing is that you're having fun and the routine is motivating.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I think nearly every (but not every) exercise can have a useful place in some program somewhere. Wall pushups do feel different, personally I feel them in my neck/shoulders too. They're a different movement to ordinary pushups for sure.

Surprised though in your position that you aren't swapping them for diamond pushups otherwise you might have to be doing a lot. Unless your purpose of using wall is to keep warmth and blood flow in the muscles rather than blasting the muscles?

Not able to quote an earlier comment of your due to forum rules but I'd have though if you do that you'd want to blast the muscles in every session in mostly any way you choose. I don't follow that approach myself, at your own risk!! Warnings against and disclaimers etc etc

TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Here's how it works at bodybuilding.com: -

Some abusive idiot sees a fairly new poster without a lot of reps and decides to have a cheap shot.

Then the cowards pile on.

Good luck OP. Beware of the groupthink here and be aware that some people with plenty of reps are morons.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by TheResistance View Post
    Here's how it works at bodybuilding.com: -

Some abusive idiot sees a fairly new poster without a lot of reps and decides to have a cheap shot.

Then the cowards pile on.

Good luck OP. Beware of the groupthink here and be aware that some people with plenty of reps are morons.
    Alternatively OP, here's how it often works here:

A new poster (or in some cases, a 10-year veteran) asks for a workout critique, but there's no detail given and it's just a list of body parts per day.

Some reader requests more details (exercises, sets, reps, progression, training background) so that they can provide useful advice.

The original poster replies that he has given enough info and for the reader to just answer the damn question.

Others similarly request more details and explain why it's necessary in order to provide a useful evaluation.

The original poster says he's already decided to do his routine and doesn't need any advice to the contrary.

Others scratch their heads and wonder why the original poster asked the Q in the first place.

Good luck OP. It's fine if you want to create your own program, but if you ask for a critique be prepared to get varying opinions, and not simple validation of what you already planned to do. Additionally, some people are more concerned than others about rep counts of other users.

TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheResistance is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by air2fakie View Post
    Alternatively OP, here's how it often works here:

A new poster (or in some cases, a 10-year veteran) asks for a workout critique, but there's no detail given and it's just a list of body parts per day.

Some reader requests more details (exercises, sets, reps, progression, training background) so that they can provide useful advice.

The original poster replies that he has given enough info and for the reader to just answer the damn question.

Others similarly request more details and explain why it's necessary in order to provide a useful evaluation.

The original poster says he's already decided to do his routine and doesn't need any advice to the contrary.

Others scratch their heads and wonder why the original poster asked the Q in the first place.

Good luck OP. It's fine if you want to create your own program, but if you ask for a critique be prepared to get varying opinions, and not simple validation of what you already planned to do. Additionally, some people are more concerned than others about rep counts of other users.

OP I forgot to mention something.

You should be aware that some weirdos here can become fixated on you.

If this happens they may follow you from thread to thread, like a stalker, and they rant about some old grievance or whatever. Not much you can do about it except pity them.

air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) air2fakie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

If this happens they may follow you from thread to thread, like a stalker, and they rant about some old grievance or whatever. Not much you can do about it except pity them.
    OP I forgot to mention something. Some people are paranoid and think every post is about them.

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    As OP hopefully already knows on this forum and others, you can find uncut diamonds buried amongst the posts. You need to have the patience to sift and to be able to recognize them (less likely to find many diamonds in my posts though ). Personally I've learned lots and changed some of my opinions from content here. But you have to be patient and discerning. OP don't bail out on the thread/site too quickly, do some sifting.

TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TheShadowMan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5k_arVcqR8
    Back to basics full body routine: https://pastebin.com/5BgKgrMv

Training journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178059671&p=1598034261#post1598034261