Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Hip cramp while bench pressing

Hello BB forum,

I would like some advice from you. When I bench press and push my feet in the ground for more strength my hip always cramps up. The cramp is on the outside of my hip, it feels like my glute medius or tensor fascia latae.

Anyone experience with this problem and know how to solve it?

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah it's a bitch...

There's some general hip stretches you can do and just ease into how far out and back your feet are, but it's probably always a possibility if you are setting up to be as tight as possible, which you should be.

Try sitting on bench, putting one ankle on the other knee, and then grabbing over the knee and leaning forward to stretch the hip.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ive had it happen.
    The good thing is your getting tight with the body bench pressing,tension equals more strength.
    Th bad thing is if you cramp up that can be painful and end the set.
    I would agree with the above to stretch/losen up before and between sets to reduce the chance of a cramp.

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TolerantLactose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've had my hamstrings cramp. Take the cramp in odd places as a sign your full body is staying tight. If you have a tendency of cramping in particular places, warm them up beforehand and see if that helps.
    I can tell time. Time cannot tell me.

Formerly LactoseTolerant. I'm not very imaginative.

Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Rwina is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Yeah it's a bitch...

There's some general hip stretches you can do and just ease into how far out and back your feet are, but it's probably always a possibility if you are setting up to be as tight as possible, which you should be.

Try sitting on bench, putting one ankle on the other knee, and then grabbing over the knee and leaning forward to stretch the hip.
    Thank you for your reply, I have tried this stretch yesterday before my 1st and 2nd set and no cramps.
    I frogot it before the 3rd and I had the cramp again. So it seemed to have worked!